US navy captain safe, 3 pirates killed, 1 in custody

An American ship captain was freed unharmed Sunday in a swift firefight that killed three of the four Somali pirates who had been holding him for days in a lifeboat off the coast of Africa, the ship's owner said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jay

United States

#21 Apr 15, 2009
Allen wrote:
Your Funny, "You Republicans" IM NOT A REPUBLICAN Dipwad! I'm Not a Democrat Either!
Obama wasn't going to creat stimulus packages, He was going to SPEND your Grandchildrens Money and you have put them in debt if you even have Children!
The Democrats have been yelling, The Deficit, National Debt, It's Bad and now they spend money on things like Corrider H in West Virginia AKA "The Road to Nowhere" We have to stop spending above and beyond our means. Try it at home, Run up all your credit cards and spend all your savings and retirement fund and then spend more, You can't do it, but The Fed does it because it will reach into everyone pocket and take more, then when you have less, you will once again look to Big Brother for help because things are not fair, yet your type's are the ones that ask for these tax burdens! And then Inflation goes up and up and up and wages do not, and then you still want the government to fix it. The problem in the first place IS GOVERNMENT! and you want more, then you must love standing in line at your local government offices waiting for service, Don't You!
<quoted text>
Guess what. BUSH ALREADY SPENT MY GRANDCHILDRENS MONEY TRYING TO SETTLE HIS FATHERS VENDETTA. NOT A REPUBLICAN?
WHATEVER! YOU SURE SOUND LIKE ONE TO ME.
AND AS FAR AS THE STIMULUS PACKAGE, LAST TIME I CHECKED THE STOCK PAGE WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING A SLOW, STEADY RECOVERY COMPARED TO THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR.
Wowwee

Rochester, NY

#22 Apr 15, 2009
Feel the love people! Feel the love!!
Allen

Henrietta, NY

#23 Apr 16, 2009
Yes Bush Spent too much, or rather if you read the Constitution you would know that it states that spending is done by CONGRESS! And They the Republicans spent too much, first, and what they rang up was way too much! NOW OBAMA IS SPENDING EVEN MORE MONEY THAT WILL MAKE WHAT BUSH SPENT LOOK LIKE A DROP IN THE BUCKET!
You mention your Grandchildren, just remember what Obama is spending put those Grandchildren even Rather into Debt as well as Their Children and Grandchildren!If your Descendants were of any concern, you wouldn't be sitting their and saying Obama's Spending is Good because Spending Has NEVER made Any Country Prosperous!
Then let me give you some words said by a Great American President, A DEMOCRAT!
"
John F. Kennedy on taxes
Posted: July 19, 2004
1:00 am Eastern
By William J. Federer
2009 WorldNetDaily.com
Editor's note: The following quotes are published in the book, "The Interesting History of Income Tax," by William J. Federer (Amerisearch, Inc., P.O. Box 20163, St. Louis, MO 63123, 1-888-USA-WORD)
"It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now ... Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."
John F. Kennedy, Nov. 20, 1962, president's news conference
"Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased not a reduced flow of revenues to the federal government."
John F. Kennedy, Jan. 17, 1963, annual budget message to the Congress, fiscal year 1964
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp...
Something Obama who was compared to JFK does not understand, but then when Revenues Increase, Congress has to be fiscally responsible and that has never happened except for the last 6 years of the Clinton Presidency when we had the Contract of America Congress who held spending to Inflationary increases only. During this time Democrats proposed Huge Increses of Several Percent, while Inflation was only a couple percent. The Republicans held those increases to inflation or within a percent or two. But the news at the time came out with the Democrats and stated the Mean Republicans were cutting things like meals for kids in school when in fact, They didn't, they got a small increase but they held the spending to inflation. Now Obama and The Congress are spending and this is going to Cause a faster increase in Inflation!
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what. BUSH ALREADY SPENT MY GRANDCHILDRENS MONEY TRYING TO SETTLE HIS FATHERS VENDETTA. NOT A REPUBLICAN?
AND AS FAR AS THE STIMULUS PACKAGE, LAST TIME I CHECKED THE STOCK PAGE WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING A SLOW, STEADY RECOVERY COMPARED TO THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR.
Allen

Henrietta, NY

#24 Apr 16, 2009
And a SLOW Increase was going to occur anyways, but then if things are getting so great, WHY are companies STILL LAYING OFF Workers, and if the Economy is going to be so good, then the Fed will be rolling in the dough so you should not have to complain about your Grandchildrens Debt. Facts are Facts and History shows them, you just have to look at all of them.

During the Reagan Years, The Federal Revenue Tripled, but if you read the Constitution and can understand Congress is the one that has the authority to spend, you then will see that Congress took that Increased Revenue and spent it PLUS more than was taken in!
Then in 1990, Bush Raised Taxes which Really thwarted the economy, It was Supported by a Majority of Democrats! And what did it do to the Boating Industry! Boy that Increase also closed my employer at the time costing Jobs, But we repeat History over and over because we get more tied up in hating parties rather than getting the facts as all you see are talking points and things taken out of context! Like Bushs Vendetta, You need to open your eyes to the truth first!
And btw, go look up who really caused the power change in Iraq that put Saddams Baath party in power and I'll give you a hint, It wasn't Reagan or Bush!
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what. BUSH ALREADY SPENT MY GRANDCHILDRENS MONEY TRYING TO SETTLE HIS FATHERS VENDETTA. NOT A REPUBLICAN?
Mr Skeptical

Englewood, CO

#25 Apr 16, 2009
Allen wrote:
we repeat History over and over because we get more tied up in hating parties rather than getting the facts as all you see are talking points and things taken out of context! Like Bushs Vendetta, You need to open your eyes to the truth first!
<quoted text>
Well said Allen. Finally, someone who chimes in that can support their comments with facts. THANK-YOU!!

Sounds like you and I agree on one thing in particular......Neither Democrats OR Republicans are watching out for us 'little people'. If folks would stop blaming 'the other party', and quit being sheeple, we might actually be able to fix a lot of the problems today.
Mr Skeptical

Englewood, CO

#26 Apr 16, 2009
Anyone see the movie "Brewster's Millions"?

Vote For "none of the above".

What a great idea!!
Jay

United States

#27 Apr 16, 2009
Allen wrote:
Yes Bush Spent too much, or rather if you read the Constitution you would know that it states that spending is done by CONGRESS! And They the Republicans spent too much, first, and what they rang up was way too much! NOW OBAMA IS SPENDING EVEN MORE MONEY THAT WILL MAKE WHAT BUSH SPENT LOOK LIKE A DROP IN THE BUCKET!

<quoted text>
You said it yourself, the REPUBLICANS gave us this deficit.

As far as what Obama spending making the Republicans irresponsible spending look like a drop in the bucket,

Obama's stimulus package: around 800 billion dollars. I don't have the time or will to be exact and it doesn't matter because...

Bush and the Republican's combined deficit buildup + bailout: 3 trillion+ dollars.

I don't know what kind of math you learned but it seems so far Obama has the symbolic drop in the bucket.
Jay

United States

#28 Apr 16, 2009
Allen wrote:
And a SLOW Increase was going to occur anyways, but then if things are getting so great, WHY are companies STILL LAYING OFF Workers, and if the Economy is going to be so good, then the Fed will be rolling in the dough so you should not have to complain about your Grandchildrens Debt. Facts are Facts and History shows them, you just have to look at all of them.
During the Reagan Years, The Federal Revenue Tripled, but if you read the Constitution and can understand Congress is the one that has the authority to spend, you then will see that Congress took that Increased Revenue and spent it PLUS more than was taken in!
Then in 1990, Bush Raised Taxes which Really thwarted the economy, It was Supported by a Majority of Democrats! And what did it do to the Boating Industry! Boy that Increase also closed my employer at the time costing Jobs, But we repeat History over and over because we get more tied up in hating parties rather than getting the facts as all you see are talking points and things taken out of context! Like Bushs Vendetta, You need to open your eyes to the truth first!
And btw, go look up who really caused the power change in Iraq that put Saddams Baath party in power and I'll give you a hint, It wasn't Reagan or Bush!
<quoted text>
You are truly senile. Bush didn't single handedly stary the war. I guess that could be right if one was to ignore the facts.
Fact is because of a immoral, unethical, deceitful campaign waged by the Bush administration anyone who opposed going into Iraq was labeled pro-terrorist. THAT IS THE FACT ON THAT. YOU NEED TO WAKE UP.

As far as Reagan goes answer this. If Federal revenue increase by 300% how come the deficit pretty much did the same? That's either some new wierd accounting technique or more likely IRRESPONSIBLE SPENDING by Republicans once again. How is it that the party that preaches responsible spending always drives up the deficit?

On to the recovery of the economy. Just a little scenerio. If and when the economy is in full recovery will you give credit or will your argument be that the economy was going to recover naturally because after such a fall it was only natural? What makes me think you will be searching for more excuses to not give due credit?
Jay

United States

#29 Apr 16, 2009
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Allen. Finally, someone who chimes in that can support their comments with facts. THANK-YOU!!
Sounds like you and I agree on one thing in particular......Neither Democrats OR Republicans are watching out for us 'little people'. If folks would stop blaming 'the other party', and quit being sheeple, we might actually be able to fix a lot of the problems today.
Refer to above post. In trying to be smart, he ended up proving my point. lol
Allen

Henrietta, NY

#30 Apr 16, 2009
But these Spending Bills still needed Democrat Votes and how many voted for the Spending, You see it may have been the Blame of Republicans, But a Great Many Democrats also Had Their Hands in It, Which proves my Point and Not Yours because You only Blamed Republicans when BOTH Are as Guilty, and In This New Round of Spending, it is going to Eclipse what Already has been! And this time obnly a couple feeble minded Republicans Voted for the New Spending! And then there were Some Democrats who Voted Against It and they should be commended for taking a stand against Overspending!
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>You said it yourself, the REPUBLICANS gave us this deficit.
As far as what Obama spending making the Republicans irresponsible spending look like a drop in the bucket,
Obama's stimulus package: around 800 billion dollars. I don't have the time or will to be exact and it doesn't matter because...
Bush and the Republican's combined deficit buildup + bailout: 3 trillion+ dollars.
I don't know what kind of math you learned but it seems so far Obama has the symbolic drop in the bucket.
Mr Skeptical

Englewood, CO

#31 Apr 17, 2009
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Refer to above post. In trying to be smart, he ended up proving my point. lol
Both parties have a history of out of control spending. Stop drinking the kool-aid of the 2 parties. Neither is watching out for us. They're both trying to BUY our votes with OUR money. WAKE UP EVERYONE!!

Vote for none of the above!
Steve

Cleveland, OH

#32 Apr 17, 2009
And to think I came on here to talk about pirates.
Mr Skeptical

Englewood, CO

#33 Apr 17, 2009
Steve wrote:
And to think I came on here to talk about pirates.
Yea, it is about pirates. Government pirates that want to take your money.
Jay

United States

#34 Apr 17, 2009
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Both parties have a history of out of control spending. Stop drinking the kool-aid of the 2 parties. Neither is watching out for us. They're both trying to BUY our votes with OUR money. WAKE UP EVERYONE!!
Vote for none of the above!
I will admit Democrat vs Republican is dumb versus dumbest most of the time. But since I have to make a choice I choose dumb(Dem) over dumber(Rep).
Jay

United States

#35 Apr 17, 2009
Every once in a while somone special come along like Jefferson, Lincoln, or FDR that actually does a good job.
Mr Skeptical

Englewood, CO

#36 Apr 17, 2009
Jay wrote:
Every once in a while somone special come along like Jefferson, Lincoln, or FDR that actually does a good job.
WOW Jay, for once I agree with you!!
Jay

United States

#37 Apr 17, 2009
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW Jay, for once I agree with you!!
Miracles do occur. Now I can attest to that. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Underhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermont: Muslim War on the Word 'Bacon' Nov '14 Former New Englander 5
Vermont restaurant removes - bacon' sign after ... Sep '14 Weird 0ne 2 41
Restaurant hires PR firm after bacon brouhaha Sep '14 Skyler J 2
Vermont legislators hear of child protection co... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Truth Hurts 1
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
Fall foliage being pushed back? (Oct '11) Nov '11 monkey biter 4
Convicted Vt. embezzler faces new charges (Aug '11) Aug '11 Fups 3
Underhill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Underhill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST