US navy captain safe, 3 pirates kille...

US navy captain safe, 3 pirates killed, 1 in custody

There are 37 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Apr 12, 2009, titled US navy captain safe, 3 pirates killed, 1 in custody. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

An American ship captain was freed unharmed Sunday in a swift firefight that killed three of the four Somali pirates who had been holding him for days in a lifeboat off the coast of Africa, the ship's owner said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JUST ME

Rochester, NY

#1 Apr 12, 2009
JUST SHOOT THESE JERKS IN THE HEAD AND CALL IT A DAY.
Allen

Rochester, NY

#2 Apr 12, 2009
Thats Great News, especially for this Hero's Family! And those Hero's who Help Free him as well!!
becka

Webster, NY

#3 Apr 12, 2009
Why romanticize these thugs- Pirates??? Johnny Depp??? They're sea-terroists!!!!
buckshot

Orlando, FL

#4 Apr 12, 2009
what happened to "take no prisoners"?????
Ralph

Geneva, NY

#5 Apr 12, 2009
Lets see here, guys in small boats acting as pirates? Navy ships the size of city blocks. Whats the problem??? Politics???
Allen

Rochester, NY

#6 Apr 12, 2009
From what I read, the 1 Terrorist/Pirate was not on the boat, so maybe he was with the Hostage Negotiators when they took out the rest. After all 3 is easier when you have gotten 1 out of the picture by other means.
buckshot wrote:
what happened to "take no prisoners"?????
middle class member

East Rochester, NY

#7 Apr 13, 2009
Hurray! It's about time someone stood up to these pirates!
Rick Rice

United States

#8 Apr 13, 2009
We need to start putting these small countries in check (mostly third world) and make them accountable for their actions...They really don't have anything to look forward too in their lifes....but that's not our fault..or is it?...Oh I guess you could find something in our protocol..that makes us guilty .These country can always fine something wrong with the super powers that be.

Just somebody in the world
[email protected]
The Real Cooter

Binghamton, NY

#9 Apr 13, 2009
I feel a little better about Obama, know he is willing to "pull the trigger"
Mr Skeptical

Englewood, CO

#10 Apr 13, 2009
The Real Cooter wrote:
Yea, well I wouldn't say it exactly took 'guts' to tell them to shoot if they thought the 1 hostages life was in danger. Pretty standard stuff here. easy decision of you ask me. The real test will be to see what he does with the 1 captured pirate.
Jay

Covina, CA

#11 Apr 13, 2009
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, well I wouldn't say it exactly took 'guts' to tell them to shoot if they thought the 1 hostages life was in danger. Pretty standard stuff here. easy decision of you ask me. The real test will be to see what he does with the 1 captured pirate.
How did I already know you were an Obama hater.
Allen

Rochester, NY

#12 Apr 13, 2009
Did you know his advisors in this area were Reagan appointees and are doing the same work they did for Reagan!
The Real Cooter wrote:
Jay

Covina, CA

#13 Apr 13, 2009
Allen wrote:
Did you know his advisors in this area were Reagan appointees and are doing the same work they did for Reagan!
<quoted text>
What difference does that make? He did the job. The captain is safe. Obama was in charge. Give credit where credit is due,
unless there is some reason you find it hard to acknowledge a JOB WELL DONE.

Now why would that be?
Old School

Rochester, NY

#14 Apr 13, 2009
What gets me is that people in Somalia can hardly eat. How do they manage to take a ship?
Allen

Rochester, NY

#15 Apr 13, 2009
Well when Bill Clinton had the chance to be handed Osama Bin Laden, He did not take that Oppertunity and his advisors had their say. They made a Big Mistake and they were Clintonites. While Obama has a LOT of Clintonites, He did one thing right as this Group are Former Reagan Administration Advisors. They helped in this advice. By Saying this, I am giving Obama a Thumbs up for not only making the final decision, I am also saying in this area, He chose wisely. He could have just sat and waited and waited and given in to these Terrorists as that is what they really are. But he didn't and I for one did not expect him to have the gumption to make this decision!
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does that make? He did the job. The captain is safe. Obama was in charge. Give credit where credit is due,
unless there is some reason you find it hard to acknowledge a JOB WELL DONE.
Now why would that be?
Jay

Covina, CA

#16 Apr 14, 2009
But he did so people will have to start admitting they were wrong about him.
Allen

Rochester, NY

#17 Apr 14, 2009
On this issue, but there are many like the spending, and all his appointees that either have backed out or didn't because they didn't pay their taxes. There is plenty of wrongs, this is just 1 Right and doesn't Fix The Rest!
Jay wrote:
But he did so people will have to start admitting they were wrong about him.
Jay

Covina, CA

#18 Apr 15, 2009
Allen wrote:
On this issue, but there are many like the spending, and all his appointees that either have backed out or didn't because they didn't pay their taxes. There is plenty of wrongs, this is just 1 Right and doesn't Fix The Rest!
<quoted text>
Whatever. You Republicans love to hold someone to perfection. Too bad perfection was not something that was strived for in the Bush administration/Republican era. Then Obama would not have to create stimulus packages to fix an economy that was destroyed by the deregulation policies of your "Grand Old Party".
pickedaname

Rochester, NY

#19 Apr 15, 2009
"Why romanticize these thugs- Pirates???"
We didn't... Hollywood did. Pirates have always been viewed as crooks. When you say sea terrorists you are pretty much saying pirates.

I agree: headshots, then call it a day. We don't do it that way anymore, which is why so many feel so bold towards us. Enjoy all that is to come for being so 'global' ;)
Allen

Rochester, NY

#20 Apr 15, 2009
Your Funny, "You Republicans" IM NOT A REPUBLICAN Dipwad! I'm Not a Democrat Either!

Obama wasn't going to creat stimulus packages, He was going to SPEND your Grandchildrens Money and you have put them in debt if you even have Children!

The Democrats have been yelling, The Deficit, National Debt, It's Bad and now they spend money on things like Corrider H in West Virginia AKA "The Road to Nowhere" We have to stop spending above and beyond our means. Try it at home, Run up all your credit cards and spend all your savings and retirement fund and then spend more, You can't do it, but The Fed does it because it will reach into everyone pocket and take more, then when you have less, you will once again look to Big Brother for help because things are not fair, yet your type's are the ones that ask for these tax burdens! And then Inflation goes up and up and up and wages do not, and then you still want the government to fix it. The problem in the first place IS GOVERNMENT! and you want more, then you must love standing in line at your local government offices waiting for service, Don't You!
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever. You Republicans love to hold someone to perfection. Too bad perfection was not something that was strived for in the Bush administration/Republican era. Then Obama would not have to create stimulus packages to fix an economy that was destroyed by the deregulation policies of your "Grand Old Party".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Underhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse beshaw- look at the trash defending him (Oct '16) Oct '16 Richard 1
News Will a Supreme Court decision change psychiatri... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Tanya 1
News Winooski fire chief accused of inappropriate co... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fire him 1
News Single payer advocates propose expansion of Dr.... (Dec '15) Jan '16 FEDERAL CIRCUS OF... 2
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
News Fall foliage being pushed back? (Oct '11) Nov '11 monkey biter 4
News Convicted Vt. embezzler faces new charges (Aug '11) Aug '11 Fups 3

Underhill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Underhill Mortgages