Residents discuss future of Underhill Flats/Riverside village

JERICHO -- The crowd, for the most part, agreed that any development in the Underhill Flats and Riverside village must retain the area's character. Full Story
xcel1

Arlington, VT

#1 Feb 16, 2010
It is always nice to have people attend meetings to decide what a private landowner can and can't do with their property, many times costing the property owners thousands of dollars in lost value.
Milt

Glendale, AZ

#2 Apr 6, 2010
It's never just that kind of clear cut issue. It's hard to balance individual property rights with community preservation and we Vermonters will face this issue more and more as population densities grow, like many other rural areas in the country.

Think about the other side of the coin... if you lived on a nice, small, quiet wooded lot and an industrial pig farming corporation decides to buy land to setup an operation next door, would you want to try to regulate their property use?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Underhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermont restaurant removes - bacon' sign after ... Sep 10 Weird 0ne 2 42
Vermont: Muslim War on the Word 'Bacon' Sep 6 Skyler J 4
Restaurant hires PR firm after bacon brouhaha Sep 6 Skyler J 3
Vermont legislators hear of child protection co... Jun '14 Truth Hurts 1
Review: Bernasconi Construction (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jon Wheeler 1
VT Who do you support for Governor in Vermont in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '13 Alexs Tavern LLC 113
VT Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Vermont i... (Oct '10) Oct '12 xxx 79

Underhill Jobs

Underhill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Underhill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Underhill

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]