Alleged MRSA outbreak in CT prisons

Alleged MRSA outbreak in CT prisons

There are 47 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Sep 9, 2008, titled Alleged MRSA outbreak in CT prisons. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Local correctional officers have reached out to the state to help with an alleged outbreak of MRSA in some correctional facilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Former Inmate

Waterbury, CT

#42 Sep 16, 2008
Milford Mom, I, too, NEVER drank every day, or every week and not even every month. When I mentioned about 1 drink a day my point was that the 7 was all I had that entire week. You are correct that there is no excuse for driving "drunk", but sometimes, unless you are tested (BAC or blood, forget the field tests, I could not pass them now even after 2 years alcohol free) you don't know you are "drunk". Unless you NEVER drank while you were out please don't be so smug to think that you were never "over the limit". Some can be over on 2 or 3 drinks. It doesn't take much. Back to topic, no inmate "deserves" to get sick.
Milford Mom

Poughkeepsie, NY

#43 Sep 16, 2008
Former Inmate wrote:
Milford Mom, I, too, NEVER drank every day, or every week and not even every month. When I mentioned about 1 drink a day my point was that the 7 was all I had that entire week. You are correct that there is no excuse for driving "drunk", but sometimes, unless you are tested (BAC or blood, forget the field tests, I could not pass them now even after 2 years alcohol free) you don't know you are "drunk". Unless you NEVER drank while you were out please don't be so smug to think that you were never "over the limit". Some can be over on 2 or 3 drinks. It doesn't take much. Back to topic, no inmate "deserves" to get sick.
I never said that I never drove 'over the limit'. I NEVER drink and drive. No excuses. People are in jail because they broke the law and they belong there.
Na na NA NA

Stratford, CT

#44 Sep 16, 2008
whatever
Former Inmate

Waterbury, CT

#45 Sep 17, 2008
I never deliberately "broke" ANY laws, and no, I didn't belong there. And now for the rest of my life I'll have to hear comments from pompous, judgemental, arrogant, rightous, "normal" people like you. Just remember, I'm probably the one standing behind you in the checkout line of the supermarket, or holding the door for you when you go into the store, and guess what, you'd never know that i'm a lower than human criminal.
Former Inmate

Waterbury, CT

#47 Sep 17, 2008
Sounds like you learned.
megan

United States

#48 Apr 20, 2009
Okay so you are going to say that you never have done ANYTHING illegal?!?! Thats b.s. Just because the people that are in jail got caught, and you havnt. And YES, i do have a loved one in jail, so what. It does not make them any less of a person and i would love for one of your loved ones to get locked up. I bet the tables would turn! Just because they've done some bad in their life doesnt mean that they deserve to get sick...and its the C.O's choice to work in the prisons..
Present Imate

Wallingford, CT

#49 Apr 25, 2009
no inmate deserves to get sick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uncasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five Arrested On Prostitution Charges In Branfo... (Dec '09) Jan 1 Wize1 31
News Racism in Eastern Connecticut often hidden (Jan '07) Nov '16 noname 20
Looking for friend Ronald C. Stevenson (Mar '12) Nov '16 Stephanie 8
News Police search for Norwich twin brothers in conn... Nov '16 pumpkin 1
The Stenger Farm Pond Case (Jul '09) Sep '16 Linda 11
xanax (Oct '12) Jul '16 Yeah 2
Quaker Hill Music Thread (Jul '16) Jul '16 Musikologist 1

Uncasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uncasville Mortgages