Alleged MRSA outbreak in CT prisons

Alleged MRSA outbreak in CT prisons

There are 47 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Sep 9, 2008, titled Alleged MRSA outbreak in CT prisons. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Local correctional officers have reached out to the state to help with an alleged outbreak of MRSA in some correctional facilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
organic bagel

East Northport, NY

#1 Sep 10, 2008
what a shock, once again the DOC has no comment...
OMGWTFBBQ

United States

#2 Sep 10, 2008
Well there goes my idea to apply for that position X-D
dan

Centerville, MA

#3 Sep 10, 2008
Such out breaks are highly contagious
especially to those who have a infant in their homes or those who have contact with elderly such cases should
treated immediately and with caution
corrections officer should wear gloves
in such situations
bandone

AOL

#4 Sep 10, 2008
we do wear gloves but we are prohibited from wearing face masks. the suits in wetherfields are looking after our safety and security.
funny thing about most of the people in charge of DOC, a great majority of them never worked a housing unit with inmates all around them. and yet somehow, they are promoted to run DOC.i just don't get that.
Deeni

North Westchester, CT

#5 Sep 10, 2008
It is not fair to say that " prisoners open up sores and rub them on doors in common area..." Some prisoners maybe. Other inmates are just as vulnerable as correction officers. It sounds like someone has forgotten that inmates are human too!!!
Yeah

West Haven, CT

#6 Sep 10, 2008
Deeni wrote:
It is not fair to say that " prisoners open up sores and rub them on doors in common area..." Some prisoners maybe. Other inmates are just as vulnerable as correction officers. It sounds like someone has forgotten that inmates are human too!!!
Yeah they are human too but obviously they are lesser of a normal human if they are in there in the first place
Just keeps getting worse

Newington, CT

#7 Sep 10, 2008
"IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME THEN DON'T DO THE CRIME". Cases like this are another reason to think before doing something illegal that will put you in that situation. I symphatize with the correction officers not ths immates.
Daniel Kinsman

Wallingford, CT

#8 Sep 10, 2008
Well gee wiz, Can this be transmitted to visitors as well? DOC has no comment? I hope they get going on it and don't drag their heels. Will staff contact it and bring it home?
Former Inmate

Waterbury, CT

#10 Sep 10, 2008
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah they are human too but obviously they are lesser of a normal human if they are in there in the first place
Many inmates are as normal as anyone. I was in for drinking 7 beers in 3 hours. If I had 4 I wouldn't have had to go in. 99% of the time I had no beers
in me and worked 50+ hrs. a week, paid all my bills, voted, and did all the things you probably do.
EXCEPT pass random judgements on people you obviously know nothing about.
Milford Mom

Poughkeepsie, NY

#11 Sep 10, 2008
Former Inmate wrote:
<quoted text>
Many inmates are as normal as anyone. I was in for drinking 7 beers in 3 hours. If I had 4 I wouldn't have had to go in. 99% of the time I had no beers
in me and worked 50+ hrs. a week, paid all my bills, voted, and did all the things you probably do.
Well since prohibition is no longer an issue, I assume that there is something more to your '7 beers' situation.
DUH

United States

#12 Sep 10, 2008
Former Inmate wrote:
<quoted text>
And whose fault is it for excessive drinking???
Don't blame the system for your screwup!!!
Milta from Meriden

Providence, RI

#13 Sep 10, 2008
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
And whose fault is it for excessive drinking???
Don't blame the system for your screwup!!!
Deemi is right, maybe not all but some inmates are just as normal as you and I!
Yeah-you can tell is ignorant as Duh(the name fits well)!
What it comes down to is that reagardless many people can come in to contact with this awful virus and it needs to be taken care of.
BIGFOOT

Seymour, CT

#14 Sep 10, 2008
OLD NEWS!!!!THEY'VE BEEN COVERING THIS AT GARNER FOR A YEAR!
Wake up

United States

#15 Sep 10, 2008
Milta from Meriden wrote:
<quoted text>
Deemi is right, maybe not all but some inmates are just as normal as you and I!
Yeah-you can tell is ignorant as Duh(the name fits well)!
What it comes down to is that reagardless many people can come in to contact with this awful virus and it needs to be taken care of.
Sounds like somebody was a relative or family member in the system!!!
Former Inmate

Waterbury, CT

#16 Sep 10, 2008
To Milford and DUH, if you had 1 cocktail a day for 1 week, you would have consumed the same amount in that given week as I. If either of you had 2 or 3 at dinner one night you would have been over the limit also. My point is not everyone in prison is less normal that everyone else. And back to topic,
an MSRA out break in the prisons are fairly common and the only time you hear about it is when the C.O.'s squawk. It happens to be a hazard of the job that no-one forced these folks to take.
organic bagel

East Northport, NY

#17 Sep 10, 2008
they department will keep this hush hush like they did with the TB outbreak several years ago, which infected staff.

Post incident investigation (not by the DOC) showed that the DOC was slow to deal with the issue and attempted to cover up the problem.

So this really isn't anything new.
Good

Hamden, CT

#18 Sep 10, 2008
EXCELLENT NEWS!! Got to reduce the prison population somehow
no name

New Haven, CT

#19 Sep 10, 2008
"Many inmates are as normal as anyone. I was in for drinking 7 beers in 3 hours. If I had 4 I wouldn't have had to go in. 99% of the time I had no beers"
I think you are forgetting to include the full reason why you were there. Half the people who think that the DOC is so wrong have never been in a prison or jail ( and do not know the difference between the two) and the other half are people who are in prison for a crime. It is a shame that because these people can not act as proper humans, people who are trying to make a living have to suffer and become sick.
bandone

AOL

#20 Sep 10, 2008
Good wrote:
EXCELLENT NEWS!! Got to reduce the prison population somehow
sure,release some 19,000 inmates to the general public. good idea sir genious. want to give an inmate a room in your house ?
bandone

AOL

#21 Sep 10, 2008
no name wrote:
"Many inmates are as normal as anyone. I was in for drinking 7 beers in 3 hours. If I had 4 I wouldn't have had to go in. 99% of the time I had no beers"
I think you are forgetting to include the full reason why you were there. Half the people who think that the DOC is so wrong have never been in a prison or jail ( and do not know the difference between the two) and the other half are people who are in prison for a crime. It is a shame that because these people can not act as proper humans, people who are trying to make a living have to suffer and become sick.
DOC didn't find any inmate guilty of committing a crime. the judge and jury did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uncasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need perks Aug '17 Tpeluso1992 1
Found male dachhound Jul '17 Anonymous 1
News New London police detain a dozen men (Jul '14) Jul '17 Wtfdgirl 4
Review: Affinity Dental Ctr LLC (Jul '11) Jul '17 lbunnell 5
Straight but curious, needs a sissy on skype Jun '17 anonsuck 1
The Stenger Farm Pond Case (Jul '09) May '17 Krystal74 15
News Norwich police, FBI searching for fugitive May '17 La rosa 1

Uncasville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance