Taylor will add third show

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

Following an immediate sellout of James Taylor's two concerts at Tanglewood on July 3 and 4 -- part of his "Troubadour Reunion" tour with longtime collaborator Carole King -- an additional performance has been added for Monday, July 5, at 7. Lawn tickets, priced at $24, are available online through the Boston Symphony Orchestra's Web site, ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Clarence Fanto, his usual gushiness when writing anything about James Taylor apparently in check this week, writes:
"Public sale of remaining tickets for the July 3 and 4 concerts began Saturday morning and were sold out within several hours. Tickets had been available previously to BSO and Tanglewood donors."

Yeah, except for that crop of tickets in the Shed that inexplicably are popping up for sale at prices up to $975 on a variety of commercial concert ticket web sites. All those seat tickets must have been rejected by BSO and Tanglewood donors.

So James Taylor is adding a third concert for his loyal Berkshire audiences, but somehow cannot see his way clear even to do a single gig for the USO to entertain US troops stationed overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq.
That's our brave Sweet Baby, whataguy!

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

40 stadium concert dates (including the one just added) clearing a minimum of $250,000 per show just for his share of each concert's proceeds represents a net for James Taylor of at least $10 million on this world-wide 'Troubadour Reunion" tour with Carole King.
Not a bad year's pay considering a good portion of it stems from all that free publicity generated across the globe as a result of Sweet Baby's two small Haiti benefit performances at The Mahaiwe.
Yet, poor JT can't even spare a single free gig for US soldiers serving overseas in the Middle East.
Even generosity, the kind of which overflows the Liberal bleeding heart of James Taylor, has its limits.
SEE:
http://www.jamestaylor.com/tour/
Sam

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

For once Heller, I agree with you. I find James Taylor to be totally self-serving.

Since: May 08

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Sam wrote:
For once Heller, I agree with you. I find James Taylor to be totally self-serving.
Not totally,he raised a cabootz of cash for Haitian relief!

Since: Aug 08

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Sam wrote:
If 'self-serving' means he donates both his time and money for a multitude of worthwhile causes, including Haiti - then yeah, he's self-serving. We should all be so self-serving!

Hey Heller...here's a quarter - call someone who cares what you think - if you can find one!
Taylor fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Clarence Fanto, his usual gushiness when writing anything about James Taylor apparently in check this week, writes:
"Public sale of remaining tickets for the July 3 and 4 concerts began Saturday morning and were sold out within several hours. Tickets had been available previously to BSO and Tanglewood donors."
Yeah, except for that crop of tickets in the Shed that inexplicably are popping up for sale at prices up to $975 on a variety of commercial concert ticket web sites. All those seat tickets must have been rejected by BSO and Tanglewood donors.
So James Taylor is adding a third concert for his loyal Berkshire audiences, but somehow cannot see his way clear even to do a single gig for the USO to entertain US troops stationed overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq.
That's our brave Sweet Baby, whataguy!
Was he even asked to play over seas for our troops?
ex Taylor fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

What bothers me is the price of the shed seat's at Tanglewood it's an outrage and there should be a law against it.I read somewhere thst the price of a seat in the shed goes for 9 hundred and something dollars.You may as well say 1,000 per seat!I guess it's just for the rich and shameless...

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

ex Taylor fan wrote:
What bothers me is the price of the shed seat's at Tanglewood it's an outrage and there should be a law against it.I read somewhere thst the price of a seat in the shed goes for 9 hundred and something dollars.You may as well say 1,000 per seat!I guess it's just for the rich and shameless...
http://www.clickitticket.com/ResultsTicket.as...

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

ex Taylor fan wrote:
Lawn tix are already being offered to the additional Monday July 5th Tanglewood concert.

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Taylor fan wrote:
<quoted text> Was he even asked to play over seas for our troops?
Gee, who can say?
Was Sweet Baby even asked by anyone in Haiti to play for earthquake relief?
Why would a bleeding Liberal heart like JT ever need to be 'asked' to play for a worthy cause?
Somehow -- somehow - other performers have managed to hear about the mission of USO over the past 69 years.

Since: May 08

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

<quoted text>
Lawn tix are already being offered to the additional Monday July 5th Tanglewood concert.
So buy a few and scalp them later,shut up you sad old bitter man!
2cents

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Heller - GIVE IT UP!

You keep repeating the same store every time a James Taylor story pops up.

You are such a loser. We don't want to hear from you ANYMORE!

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

2cents wrote:
Heller - GIVE IT UP!
You keep repeating the same store every time a James Taylor story pops up.
You are such a loser. We don't want to hear from you ANYMORE!
Yeah, and each new thread is searchable on Google.
2cents

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

<quoted text>
Yeah, and each new thread is searchable on Google.
Which means....???? More people know what an idiot you are????
Mike

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

I never have trouble getting a ticket for face value or less the day of the show at the front gate, as people always have extras as some people always cancel out or no show at the last minute. Unfortunately, the way tickets are distributed these days guarantees they will be scalped on the free market once the ticket brokers garner the majority of the prime seats. But since is the free market at work, HellerWhatever shouldn't have a problem with that. This is true for every performer, not just JT. As far as the USO red herring argument is concerned, why don't you list all the other performers who haven't played for them every time you mention James Taylor?

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Mike wrote:
I never have trouble getting a ticket for face value or less the day of the show at the front gate, as people always have extras as some people always cancel out or no show at the last minute. Unfortunately, the way tickets are distributed these days guarantees they will be scalped on the free market once the ticket brokers garner the majority of the prime seats. But since is the free market at work, HellerWhatever shouldn't have a problem with that. This is true for every performer, not just JT. As far as the USO red herring argument is concerned, why don't you list all the other performers who haven't played for them every time you mention James Taylor?
Good points on the ticket issue except that you're implying that BSO/Tanglewood Management does not know damn well that blocks of Shed tickets are ending up at major commercial ticketing agencies at super-inflated prices and that it is not merely just a few individual subscribers flipping a ticket here and there.
(And if it were just a few subscribers flipping tickets, BSO could easily find out exactly who those flippers were just by choosing any concert in its calendar and logging-on to any of the commercial ticketing web sites and comparing seat rows and seat numbers to the names on BSO's own subscriber lists who have allegedly purchased those seats.)
As to James Taylor's refusal to perform in USO gigs, why is it Liberal Lefties, when faced with an issue regarding one of their own leading lights engaging in obviously hypocritical behavior, like to claim it's "a red herring"?
Sweet Baby is a high-profile performer who claims to champion causes involving the relief of human suffering, yet when it comes to performing for American men and women who as a group do more to relieve human suffering than almost any other entity on the planet and in so doing actually put their lives on the line both for their own country as well as for those people in other countries, where is the oh-so-caring James Taylor then?
As to which other performers refuse to do USO tours, you ask a valid question, but how many of those consistently champion relief of human suffering, live in Berkshire County, are treated as sacred cows, and consistently given fawning, gushing, non-critical praise by The Berkshire Eagle?
Mike

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

If you bothered to research this at all, you would find that a certain James Taylor did perform as part of the USO tour within the last year. Regarding ticket distribution, please cite one venue that has taken it upon themselves to go after ticket sellers on the secondary market. The vast majority of BSO's tickets are used by initial buyers, as there really is no secondary market for classical music concerts.
Yessy James

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Long ago a young man sits and plays his waiting game but things are not the same it seems as in such tender days the dreams slowly pass away at any concert I give.
And all good people give your money to she/he/it who does entertain; you know exactly what to do.
Would be better if you actually catch a clue.

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Mike wrote:
If you bothered to research this at all, you would find that a certain James Taylor did perform as part of the USO tour within the last year. Regarding ticket distribution, please cite one venue that has taken it upon themselves to go after ticket sellers on the secondary market. The vast majority of BSO's tickets are used by initial buyers, as there really is no secondary market for classical music concerts.
Provide a link to the source for your claim that James Taylor performed as part of a USO tour in Iraq or Afghanistan in the past year.
Further, if the 'vast majority' of BSO's tickets are used by initial buyers, then where are the commercial ticketing outfits getting their blocks of James Taylor tickets, both for Shed seating and lawn seating to sell at highly inflated prices?
Mike

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

You can go to the USO site just like I did and click on 2009. He performed in Japan, not Iraq or Afghanistan per your request, though your posting in this discussion did not specify Ira/Afghanistan. Perhaps in addition to telling him where to perform, you'd like to tell him what songs to play during his upcoming tour.

Reread my post: The majority of tickets sold by the BSO are for classical concerts, which when taken as a group, dwarf ticket sales for their popular concerts. Every popular concert tour ends up with blocks of tickets for sale on the secondary market. Show me one that doesn't and I'll happily retract my statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Uncasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Handbag Cuties & More Aug 15 stephanie 4
Review: Affinity Dental Ctr LLC (Jul '11) Aug 1 stephanie 3
jessica tilley Aug 1 stephanie 13
New London police detain a dozen men Jul '14 sandman 1
A person is only as good as their word... Jul '14 stephanie 5
Home depot Jul '14 stephanie 3
Illiano's reinvented as Paesano's is a welcomin... Jun '14 Julio cabrera 1

Search the Uncasville Forum:
•••
•••