Shore Next Door

It is time for the weekly Tom McCoy Fun Run just off Rhode Island 's Misquamicut Beach, and three generations of Millbachs from just over the state line in Connecticut stand ready. Full Story
Ms C

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#1 Jul 13, 2008
We went to Misquamicut when I was little (from about ages 2-8). One of my biggest thrills when I was 6 or 7 was getting the brass ring on the Watch Hill carousel. I remember that, right next to the state park beach, was a private area where you paid to park and there was a concession stand. Sam's Beach, we called it.Sam was an older man who would sit in the lawn chair and collect the parking fees and always remembered us. Good times.
bob

North Kingstown, RI

#2 Jul 13, 2008
One thing they forget to tell you about is how much the parking is !!
I went first thing saturday morning, it cost 12.00 in the afternoon the put up a new sign charging 22.00 !!
Scarborough beach is much better!!
RI Beaches

Hartford, CT

#3 Jul 15, 2008
Parking at the state beaches cost the same no matter which one you go to. If you go frequently, buy the season's pass - it pays for itself.
Jeff H

New Britain, CT

#4 Jul 15, 2008
I just go to my cousins place, 1/2 mile down Atlantic Ave from the state beach.
Jacqui

Chelmsford, MA

#5 Jul 15, 2008
I just came back from spending a week there. I go every year, actually I go several times a year. I go for a week,long weekends and day trips. The writer of this story is absolutely right about the beaches there more inviting than the ever-so restricted CT beaches. Regarding parking...if you venture a little further down the road, there are some lower priced private lots.

Since: May 07

Wallingford, CT

#6 Jul 17, 2008
we go just down the road to jims. its 15 for a weekend day and its less crowded. less riff raff too.we are there at least 2x per month from june to september. great sand, very,very clear water and excellent waves. my kids, all teens now..oldest 18, have grown up there. hope they continue the tradition with their families.
Freeware Calculator

Haifa, Israel

#7 Aug 4, 2008
it is a great place, well worth it ...
http://www.BlackjackRadar.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uncasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norwich Taxi Oct 20 Unsatisified Client 1
Review: Handbag Cuties & More Oct 13 stephanie 6
Ledyard, Gales Ferry Firefighters Save Christo'... Oct 3 Gerald Knotts 1
Review: Affinity Dental Ctr LLC (Jul '11) Oct 1 Ragewoman 4
New London police detain a dozen men Sep 28 whalergirl 3
Adoptees & Birth parents and Siblings and famil... Sep '14 joanNYadoptees 1
Thames River Apartments: 'We're just barely liv... Sep '14 butchyboy138 1
Uncasville Dating
Find my Match

Uncasville Jobs