4 dead, 1 missing from ship

There are 5 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Mar 23, 2008, titled 4 dead, 1 missing from ship. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Four crew members died Sunday and another was missing after a Seattle-based fishing boat began sinking in high seas off Alaska's Aleutian Islands, the Coast Guard said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Mallorie

Hazelwood, MO

#1 Mar 23, 2008
mourn for those lost forever to the sea. With the blue lady they always will be.
Whatever

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Mar 24, 2008
It's really sad ... but people will chase the crabs for the money they bring in! Hello? Anyone seen DEADLIEST CATCH? Seriously. You wont find me anywhere near a crab fishing boat.
Glen Engelhorn

United States

#4 Mar 24, 2008
I worked on the Ranger for four months back in 1992, and that boat scared the hell out of me a couple of times. One night, I didn't get any sleep in a particularly bad storm because I thought we would surely sink, and you don't get much time to sleep on a fishing boat. The Ranger was bigger than those boats on "The deadliest catch", but it's dangerous on the Bering sea no matter what your in. The shocker was the relatively small seas in which she sank. My respect and sympathy goes out to the four guys who fought for the crew and ship and lost their lives doing it. Thanks guys. You have more courage than me.
Man is King

United States

#5 Mar 24, 2008
Chase that crab to the bottom of the sea and now that crab will eat thee.

“Let's make it a great day :-)”

Since: Mar 08

One near you

#6 Mar 24, 2008
I thought I saw this ship on Deadliest Catch?!?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Unalaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NOAA rejects nomination for Aleutian Islands sa... Feb '15 Kim 1
News A swarm of earthquakes have been recorded in th... Feb '15 Kim 1
News String of earthquakes shakes up Pribilof Island Feb '15 Kim 1
News Experiment Looks for Slow Earthquakes Under Una... Jan '15 Del 1
News Experiment looks for slow earthquakes under Una... Jan '15 Milton 1
kyle Eby (Nov '14) Nov '14 FreeEby 1
News Image courtesy of the University of Washington. (Aug '13) Aug '13 Cordwainer Trout 2
More from around the web

Unalaska People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]