Stuckey's closed?
Dale Dassel

West Monroe, LA

#1 Dec 12, 2006
After taking a quick roadtrip down to Unadilla last weekend, I was sad to dind that the Stuckeys has been closed. The gas islands were cordoned off with yellow tape, the Dairy Queen signs were taken down, and the giant 'Stuckeys' sign that once towered over I-75 is gone. The word CLOSED was crudely spray painted across the front window in white. Only an empty shell remained.

I looked in the windows and saw that the building was stripped bare: all of the shelving and light fixtures were gone, as were the DQ table booths and the mirrored glass from the gift wall in the back. The floor was bare tile, littered with trash from the demolotion.

My last visit was the week of July 20th, when they had just removed the big sign. It must have closed sometime in August. Does anybody know exactly when the store closed, and the circumstances surrounding it? Any information would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Unadilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
faulk house (Apr '15) Jul 4 iloveit 7
just wondering (Oct '15) Jun 23 Lo Lo 16
News No chance of parole for Dennis (Sep '10) Jun 22 Sad wife 19
Vienna Sausage Jun 22 Dillard 1
Dooly county speed trap (May '16) Jun 21 Ken 4
Vienna pronunciation Jun 20 Karen Kay 2
Unadilla Music Thread (Jan '16) Feb '17 Musikologist 3

Unadilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance