Terry

Marble Hill, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

I have been thinking of moving to Roseburg and I am just wondering what it is like to live there. How is the crime, how is the weather, what about the va hosp, I work at the va now where I live. Is housing expensive. What kind of things are there to do and see in that area. Thanks ahead of time.
twilightzone_1

Roseburg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Regarding Roseburg. Crime rate is comparable to larger areas. With the exception of the murder rate,which is lower. Quite high rate of meth, heroin, oxy, and pot busts. High theft and property crime. High homeless rate. For more accurate info, do a web search on crime rates by city or zip code. You can compare city to city by doing that.

Weather is usually quite damp most of the fall and winter with perhaps two cold (freezing) streaks.
Rain can be very persistent, but flooding only happens rarely.
Winter cold is usually not severe or long lasting.
Summer may have two (or so) hot streaks with highs in the 90's or perhaps over 100.

I have heard both positive and negative about the local VA. You might want to research that further on your own.

Housing expenses are reasonable. But again, do your own web searches for more accurate, current information.
Burg2burg

Roseburg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Heres a story about the Roseburg VA that made the news on PBS. A Vet died from too many prescription drugs.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/military/july-...
CLRNR

Roseburg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

I am so tired of the persistent drumbeat that things are really pretty nice in the area. And that the crime here really isnt the "same" as crime other places. And that Douglas County is a good place to raise kids. Growing up here, I would like to clearly state that I believe that organized crime is an element here and has been for a long time. Drug trafficking and human trafficking are at about the same level of activity. Delusional denial will not make it go away. The only thing that could make an impact is a different approach from law enforcement.(And I dont see that anytime in the near future)

This has been brewing underground for some time, and its starting to bubble to the surface.
Family networks are deliberately training their children to be drug dealers, pimps, and burglars.
And if kids are taken away, they are sometimes placed in foster homes where the crime training will continue. Quite a racket.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/08/08/31772...
Burg2burg

Roseburg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

CLRNR wrote:
I am so tired of the persistent drumbeat that things are really pretty nice in the area.(edited for space).........Family networks are deliberately training their children to be drug dealers, pimps, and burglars.
And if kids are taken away, they are sometimes placed in foster homes where the crime training will continue. Quite a racket.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/08/08/31772...
\

I don't know if the culture here is deliberately training kids to end up in prison or not, but somehow it seems like that's what ends up happening. It might the things they CANT teach that caused the cycle to continue from generation to generation. There's a bad problem with DENIAL. When are people going to figure it out that being a Anarchist might not turn out well?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Umpqua Discussions

Search the Umpqua Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Oregon officials consider selling the Elliott S... Apr 11 Coos bay is a soda 1
Murder of Mary C. Mohr in July 1965 (Nov '10) Apr 10 Karen 3
Terri Horman - where is Kyron? (Mar '11) Apr 5 twilightzone_1 7
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
Review: Mandy's Health And Wellness Feb '14 Mandy Holford 1
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '14 Coos bay is a sick joke 197
roseburg sucks (Oct '11) Feb '14 mr h 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Umpqua Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Umpqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••