roseburg sucks
mr h

Milton, WV

#21 Feb 13, 2014
i feel for allyou folks cuz your right the cops could care less unless your drunk or gay you can steal any thing if it belongs to a gay man or lie your ass of if you steal from your boss how do i know this been their had it happen to me so i got out as soon as i could its sad to cuz all i ever wanted to do was come home and find a good boy friend and gob and have a life thanks to games and the popo that did not happen i got the short end of it all do to a big fat lier who could not tell his dad he was gay or the truth about his dope stuff good luck to you all get outwhen you can
Roseburg Oregon

Roseburg, OR

#22 Feb 13, 2014
mr h wrote:
i feel for allyou folks cuz your right the cops could care less unless your drunk or gay you can steal any thing if it belongs to a gay man or lie your ass of if you steal from your boss how do i know this been their had it happen to me so i got out as soon as i could its sad to cuz all i ever wanted to do was come home and find a good boy friend and gob and have a life thanks to games and the popo that did not happen i got the short end of it all do to a big fat lier who could not tell his dad he was gay or the truth about his dope stuff good luck to you all get outwhen you can
I had as little trouble figuring out what you were trying to say...
From what I can figure out, you are a gay drunk? I'm not sure. I do agree with something you said though (I think). Social politics and favoritism can play a big role in how justice is dealt in the Roseburg area, possibly more than other areas. I think most gays are in the closet here and work that to their advantage. I am sure that gays from other areas could find it most confusing here.
mr h

Milton, WV

#23 Feb 14, 2014
oh hi their what i was saying is that if your a drinker not so much a drunk witch i am nottt, you need to look all around befor you take the keys of your car one drink with a friend can land you in jail and pay pay pay seems all they care about is how much money they can get out of you and the po po couldnt catch a good cold if it didnt have a drink first and being gay is a small part of it all i waited 33 years to come home just to be used by a boss and his crew of thugs my heat was clean and clear untill i met a man that i worked with and then my life fell apart he lied about his age and what he was turns he was a car stealing creep and the cops did nothing but blaim me for what he was long be for i ever met the creep he had all the right answers like all the rest of the creeps you meet when your gay but i never could understand how the cops let him get buy with his shit till i come along then all it was was money money well you cant buy love so i cut my losses and got the hell out i sure hope if you ever find a man named james you make sure he is not my x cuz your in for it if he is . i will say this the one or two good people i did meet was good to have as a friend i wish them all the best mike and laura and shannan hope your all well ps the gays are not to deep in hiding they just lie when asked untill they get drunk thats all
Ted

Roseburg, OR

#24 Jul 2, 2014
I'm seeing A LOT of trashing Roseburg here on this site. One thing I've experienced in abundance is that you Americans are whiners. WHINERS! Americans are the only group of people who have more than any country on earth per capita, yet whine and complain FAR more than any people group on the planet. In my Navy career, I've lived in some of THE largest, often times, most disgusting cities on earth...and many of the most isolated places on earth. I had my favorites, and I definitely had my worst experiences in life in many of those places.

I LOVE Roseburg! After 30 years in Seattle, 15 months in Memphis, 12 months in St. Louis, and 18 months in Portland, we settled here in Roseburg in 2010...and have never regretted it. Sure, the drugs and otherwise unsavory subterfuge abound here, but where else in the world do they not???

Property prices and lack of gridlock were the main reasons that drew us to Roseburg. After more than four years here--experiencing some of the greatest natural beauty ever, I would choose nowhere else.

And as for the "economically depressed," quite griping and get busy! I now own my own business and am prospering hand over fist.

Thankfully, you whiners are NOT the center of the earth (and even more thankfully, the world chooses NOT to revolve around you because you WHINERS are insignificant within the broader scope of things).

For those of you who WHINE about the drugs and the thugs, just say "no" and move on. They will ALWAYS be there. It's YOUR choice as to whether or not you wish to mire with such people or get a life. And if you're the type of person whose home has a license plate tacked onto it, and you have nothing better to do than to sit outside on your 2'x2' "deck" and smoke cigarettes all day long...while WHINING, then get up off your numb arse and find a way to make your life more worth living.

I hail from a cow town of a mere 139 people (140 in the summer, when Crazy Indian Vinnie's girlfriend came back to town) in the remote California Sierra Nevada Mountains. There were no Mercy hospitals or even clinics to seek ANY type of medical assistance when needed. People died of inane things like the flue...or gunshot wounds...or a rabid dog...or a house fire that ended up charring the ground due to lack of a firetruck newer than 1935. But we lived, and we grew up, and we often had to fight for our lives, but we did what we had to do to make the next day. And we DID NOT WHINE!

Get over yourselves, you of the "entitlement mentality," and be what you want to be instead of envying--or hating--others that do.
Linda

Roseburg, OR

#25 Jul 15, 2014
You know, I'm amazed that so many of you people use your apparently abundant amount of free time to bash not just an entire city, but the people who live in it as well.

Don't you people have lives? Go outside! Enjoy the fresh air! And please, for goodness' sake, get over your need to look down your nose at other people. Don't like Roseburg? Here's an idea: Stay away. I'm 100% certain that the last thing Roseburg and its citizens need is a bunch of people griping about this, griping about that, griping about this person, griping about that person, etc.

Get over it, people! Stop being so self-important!
mr h tank hill

Saint Albans, WV

#26 Sep 16, 2014
well linda looks like you need to stay inside getin stuffed like you have done or you would see what the other people see good luck big assss,
CatMommy

Eugene, OR

#27 Oct 19, 2014
I grew up near Roseburg and I can tell you that the social climate is what made me leave when I turned 21. I couldnt WAIT to get the heck outta Dodge! If you make ONE mistake people will hold it against you forever and brand you . Sure there are some nice folks there but I have to say I have never been able to figure out WHY people stay there. The only thing it has going for it is the North Umpqua River within short driving distance and some great trails and lakes.,...otherwise the place is boring, no good restaurants, no night life and though the arts community is trying to bring the place up to standard, it is simply pitiable how lacking in anything related to educational or artistic quality it is.....and they have a community college there!!

The only thing I can think of why folks stay there is that it is a safe place for right wing republicans to hang out and bitch and be paranoid about what the other parts of the country are like. I moved north to Eugene which actually for the population has LESS drug use and crime than Roseburg! I am happy where I live now in an atmosphere of growth, instead of a stagnate, excuse ridden excuse of a town.

No Way

Roseburg, OR

#28 Oct 19, 2014
CatMommy wrote:
I grew up near Roseburg and I can tell you that the social climate is what made me leave when I turned 21. I couldnt WAIT to get the heck outta Dodge! If you make ONE mistake people will hold it against you forever and brand you . Sure there are some nice folks there but I have to say I have never been able to figure out WHY people stay there. The only thing it has going for it is the North Umpqua River within short driving distance and some great trails and lakes.,...otherwise the place is boring, no good restaurants, no night life and though the arts community is trying to bring the place up to standard, it is simply pitiable how lacking in anything related to educational or artistic quality it is.....and they have a community college there!!
The only thing I can think of why folks stay there is that it is a safe place for right wing republicans to hang out and bitch and be paranoid about what the other parts of the country are like. I moved north to Eugene which actually for the population has LESS drug use and crime than Roseburg! I am happy where I live now in an atmosphere of growth, instead of a stagnate, excuse ridden excuse of a town.
I agree with about 85% of what you said. The over presentational morality is to over compensate for things people are nervous (or in the closet) about. Some people will act Conservative or religious as a front. In reality, they (those dishonest) will shift according to the group they hang out with at the time.

I have heard stories of syndicate activity in this (Roseburg) area. And I know as a fact that the last two Sheriffs left office early.(Jim Main and Cris Brown) I am not saying that proves their involvement in anything. They could have been pushed aside.
But I thought the timing was a little odd from my perspective.

As far as the Liberal/Conservative thing goes, what I came to realize is that extremely crooked people will assume the role they can play best. Trust is earned over time. Any persons song and dance is not the real person. Thats only the mask they wear.
bad_funkin_cowbo y

Dallas, TX

#29 Nov 6, 2014
Rosebug oregon.........BAD....BAD..... BAD.....place to be....im from tx and i wound up in roseburg for 2yrs ...the hate...the hospital.....the police...half of the business owners...100s of convicted child molesters......ive witnessed all of it.....including the number of people that died there....you have no protection from the police.....there are an unreal amount of sexual preditors in that town that folks shhhhhhhh you if you say something about it....i like oregon but thats not how we run our towns here in the south...and the roseburg rescue mission houses all of the...i experainced the town of Winston and it to the same as rosebug those 2 towns completly RUIN Oregon...like the other guy i have some money and roseburg only got the min from me to live there....i think ill take my money on my next outing and see what MT has to offer.....roseburg and winston oregon are the sewage of that state.
The Johnsons

Houston, TX

#30 Nov 7, 2014
I've been living in Houston all my life and will be retiring soon.
My question is Roseburg a nice town ?
Is it expensive there to live ?
What is the crime rate high or low ?
Is there nice restaurant's ?
Or do you suggest somewhere else closed by to move too.
Any info would be nice. Thanks
No Way

Roseburg, OR

#31 Nov 11, 2014
The Johnsons wrote:
I've been living in Houston all my life and will be retiring soon.
My question is Roseburg a nice town ?
Is it expensive there to live ?
What is the crime rate high or low ?
Is there nice restaurant's ?
Or do you suggest somewhere else closed by to move too.
Any info would be nice. Thanks
Are you serious?? This is a forum called "Roseburg Sucks". Most people who post here don't really have a positive view of the area. To see the local convicts, go to www.roseburgmugshots.com
For more detailed info go to www.dcso.com (Douglas County Sheriffs Office)

I would say crime rate is high. Meth and property crimes are probably highest on the list.
Certain areas are much nicer than others in Roseburg. But I think that crime and corruption is affecting the whole area.

It's probably less expensive to live in Roseburg than many areas. One plus.
Restaurants are mostly fast food, but there are some Chinese and Mexican places that aren't bad.

Areas near Roseburg tend to be similar in the demographics.
david

Euless, TX

#32 Nov 15, 2014
I'll be in roseburg for about 6 months starting next week. Looking for some girls to hook up with. I can be generou$ if needed. Can someone email me some girls contact info? Wilmingtonguy2013 at gmail dot com.
No black chicks or bbw.
Thanks!
I can pay referral fee also.
Bubby

United States

#33 Feb 28, 2015
david wrote:
I'll be in roseburg for about 6 months starting next week. Looking for some girls to hook up with. I can be generou$ if needed. Can someone email me some girls contact info? Wilmingtonguy2013 at gmail dot com.
No black chicks or bbw.
Thanks!
I can pay referral fee also.
You might be on the wrong site. Are you looking for Craigslist Casual Encounters????
Back in Town

United States

#34 Jun 17, 2015
Roseburg is a place where you have to be careful about the group that befriends you. If you are keeping too many secrets for the group, you are actually in danger. Even if you don't realize it.
Criminal shit is still criminal shit. Even if it's really popular in the group.
louis cipher

United States

#36 Jun 20, 2015
I have been a around the united states for work,And I can honestly say,"I have NEVER seen a city so full of ignorant,inbred,white trash,slack jawed, retards in all my travels!Roving bands of drunk homeless people begging for more beer money and urinating and deficating on the side of buildings.Im talking seeing entire families that are just awful.The police department is completely useless whom only go after out of towners,because these local dipshits have no money.I mean it folks Stay the hell away from Roseburg,If you do come,bring a handgun..I wish they could just level this town.
Back in Town

United States

#37 Jun 21, 2015
louis cipher wrote:
I have been a around the united states for work,And I can honestly say,"I have NEVER seen a city so full of ignorant,inbred,white trash,slack jawed, retards in all my travels!Roving bands of drunk homeless people begging for more beer money and urinating and deficating on the side of buildings.Im talking seeing entire families that are just awful.The police department is completely useless whom only go after out of towners,because these local dipshits have no money.I mean it folks Stay the hell away from Roseburg,If you do come,bring a handgun..I wish they could just level this town.
I grew up in Roseburg. When I figured out that I didn't quite fit in with the meth, burglary and prostitution folks,(perhaps the largest group in the area) I sorta got shunned and rejected in the area. And if you are shunned by the meth burglary and prostitution community here it may carry over to the supposedly "good people" as well.
That's when I realized that the "good" community has somewhat of a co dependent existence with the MBP community. And no, I don't mean everybody. Quite a few people are OK and just separate themselves enough that they aren't involved with the bad stuff. And of course learn not to ask too many questions or rock the boat.
fantasy land

United States

#38 Jun 21, 2015
I've read many negative comments about every city and state in this country. Obviously a certain percentage of people EVERYWHERE are just a bunch of cry babies, and will complain no matter what.

My family and I will be moving to the Roseburg area this summer, and we won't be experiencing any of these horrible problems written about on here. Why not? Because we're not tweakers, thieves, or white trash.

Birds of a feather flock together. If you surround yourself with trash, then you probably are trash. You could live in the worst ghetto, or in Beverly hills and still be surrounded by thieves, dope heads, and liars. The people really are pretty much the same everywhere you go, what's different is the geography, and the amount of people living in one place.

Roseburg is nice because of the proximity to the mountains and the ocean. Also its just big enough to get most supplies needed locally, yet small enough to avoid the rat race of larger cities.

The idiots posting on here about all of the druggies have obviously never been to Eugene or Portland and seen someone smoking crack on the sidewalk.

If you're someone who likes to go and do things constantly, then maybe you need to live near a more populated city. Don't move to a smaller community and then bitch about having nothing to do.
Bubba

Roseburg, OR

#39 Jun 21, 2015
fantasy land wrote:
I've read many negative comments about every city and state in this country. Obviously a certain percentage of people EVERYWHERE are just a bunch of cry babies, and will complain no matter what.
My family and I will be moving to the Roseburg area this summer, and we won't be experiencing any of these horrible problems written about on here. Why not? Because we're not tweakers, thieves, or white trash.
Birds of a feather flock together. If you surround yourself with trash, then you probably are trash. You could live in the worst ghetto, or in Beverly hills and still be surrounded by thieves, dope heads, and liars. The people really are pretty much the same everywhere you go, what's different is the geography, and the amount of people living in one place.
Roseburg is nice because of the proximity to the mountains and the ocean. Also its just big enough to get most supplies needed locally, yet small enough to avoid the rat race of larger cities.
The idiots posting on here about all of the druggies have obviously never been to Eugene or Portland and seen someone smoking crack on the sidewalk.
If you're someone who likes to go and do things constantly, then maybe you need to live near a more populated city. Don't move to a smaller community and then bitch about having nothing to do.
"My family and I will be moving to the Roseburg area this summer, and we won't be experiencing any of these horrible problems written about on here. Why not? Because we're not tweakers, thieves, or white trash"

I hope you are able to move to move to an affluent community (preferably gated)

"Birds of a feather flock together. If you surround yourself with trash, then you probably are trash. You could live in the worst ghetto, or in Beverly hills and still be surrounded by thieves, dope heads, and liars..."

Lost me there. Your first statement pretty much contradicts the second. First sentence blames the person complaining. Second sentence suggests that it is inescapable.

"The idiots posting on here about all of the druggies have obviously never been to Eugene or Portland and seen someone smoking crack on the sidewalk."

I have been to Eugene. Also Portland. Perhaps I didn't see the worst areas. However, in Roseburg,
I have happened across used hypodermic needles quite a few times. For a community this size some would consider that quite alarming. If you check the arrest records, you will find that meth and heroin are quite popular in Roseburg.

When was the last time you visited Roseburg??
It might have changed some since you last saw it. Just wondering.
Bubba

Roseburg, OR

#40 Jun 22, 2015
Instead of arguing, I'll just post this link instead. It's to the Roseburg crime rate index. Might help.

http://www.clrsearch.com/Roseburg-Demographic...
10YrsToLong

United States

#41 Sep 28, 2015
I've been in Roseburg for 10yrs & I hate it here. Everyone is trashy & greedy as F***. They treat the vets who are homeless like they never served for their a**. NEVER MOVE TO ROSEBURG

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Umpqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
roseburg blog! you may rant or rave whenever y... (Jan '14) Wed Good grief 12
News Teen drowning victim enjoyed life in Sutherlin (Jul '08) Nov '16 Erika 7
Vote Yes to allow Marijuana Business into Suthe... Oct '16 Bob 3
News Library district Plan A Oct '16 Rob tha tizzy ass... 1
Sun Shine Taxi. (Apr '16) Oct '16 Joel parsons 3
News Chris Mintz, veteran hailed as hero of Oregon c... (Oct '15) Oct '15 WeTheSheeple 65
News Roseburg's Revival Tattoo holds fundraiser for ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 frilled2b 1

Umpqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Umpqua Mortgages