curious-me

Holcomb, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone remember this one? I was told by someone that this happened many years ago, but they could not remember who or exactly when. They where told by someone else that was told by an older person who had lived here forever but has since died. I am just curious and any info will help me answer more questions that i have.

“Just being me...”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

Go to the Library and look up the paper from 30 to 40 years ago.
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

I don't know about this one, but there was a suicide committed in the parking lot on Oklahoma St. just a block East of Durham. It was a liquor store then. The guy shot himself in front of the store where his ex-wife was working. On South Main there was a murder-suicide inside what used to be the Alamo Steak House. It might still be there I don't know. This was a guy who shot and killed his wife then turned the gun on himself. They both happened in 1995 or 1996.
The Border Bandito

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

I think that you might be talking about Bryce Stanton back in the mid 90's. His wife was working as a hairdresser next door to the Landmark, a block south of Oklahoma on Main. Was it different then? I can't remember.
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

I don't know. THe last time I went was when it was the Alamo. It might have been the Landmark then.
Hugh Jassol

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Judged:

The Alamo was where Big R is now.
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Hugh, that just reminds how long I've been gone. I was thinking about that this morning. You're right.
Hugh Jassol

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Judged:

Former Ulysess Resident wrote:
Hugh, that just reminds how long I've been gone. I was thinking about that this morning. You're right.
Reminds me of how old I am. I remember when Wendell Nelson built his steakhouse, now the Landmark. He's the one that built the Burger place, now the Subway.

Now you kids get off my lawn!
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

The Burger Boy. My Uncle owned that when it was the Dairy Queen.
former ks resident

Dalhart, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

The Border Bandito wrote:
I think that you might be talking about Bryce Stanton back in the mid 90's. His wife was working as a hairdresser next door to the Landmark, a block south of Oklahoma on Main. Was it different then? I can't remember.
bryce stanton shot and killed his wife tammy stanton at what was called the landmark don't know what it is called now. Then he shot and killed hiself.
Hugh Jassol

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

former ks resident wrote:
<quoted text>
bryce stanton shot and killed his wife tammy stanton at what was called the landmark don't know what it is called now. Then he shot and killed hiself.
Still The Landmark.
wee

Holcomb, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

the burger boy was the building where subway is at now and the alamo was next to big R now it's the parking lot and big R use to be a funiture store where they always had a big christmas display in the front window.
Hugh Jassol

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Phillips Furniture. I think the Alamo (back part) was once the mortuary.

This would be a great game show. "I'll take buildings and parks for $200, Alex."
k pasa

Lakin, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

The frosty fox was also one of the names burger boy subway.Ulysses also once had a K.F.C. lol.which is now a luandrymat on Colorado St. I also recall a killing somewhere behind the Ranchito cafe back in the 70's a man got shot by another man.
Hugh Jassol

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

k pasa wrote:
The frosty fox was also one of the names burger boy subway.Ulysses also once had a K.F.C. lol.which is now a luandrymat on Colorado St. I also recall a killing somewhere behind the Ranchito cafe back in the 70's a man got shot by another man.
Right you are. It was between the El Ranchito and whatever was on the corner. I won't mention the shooter or shootee.

How about Corky's. Where the former Main Stop is. Ever have the "Big Kansan?" Burger as big as the plate!

Hav-U-8 Cafe
Dink's
Pizza place on north Colorado
Pizza place on main, north of the theatre
Burgers, Pizza & Hotdogs at the Drive-In
Wagonwheel (I Think)

Damn memories!
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Is Shelly's Restaurant still there? That used to be from what I understand a GEntlemen's club back in the day. And Dixie's Bar right across the Street South of it.
Puppy love

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

How many murders have happend in u town?
The Border Bandito

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Shelly's was Dixies, wasn't it?. Shelly's has been closed for about 10 years and now it is called the Downtown Cafe.
wee

Holcomb, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

this town has changed so much I remember sonic was across the highway now its shakers,and McDonald's was a ice cream store and before that it was a gas station
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Puppy love wrote:
How many murders have happend in u town?
Maybe 5 or 6 the past 30 to 40 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Ulysses Forum right now

Search the Ulysses Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 3 hr wally515 5,962
Former Kansas Bank Employees Embezzled, Staged ... (Jul '13) 5 hr Answer 58
Investigation continues into Ulysses bank robbery (Jul '10) 6 hr just wondering 103
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Sat what 140
Save an interesting link here! (Nov '11) Jul 25 tiger_-_dad 82
taco bell/kfc (Mar '13) Jul 18 Concerned_American 26
Frazier Park Walking Trail Bridge Jul 17 CPO 1
•••
•••
•••
Ulysses Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ulysses Jobs