4 Teens Killed In Crash In Southwest ...

4 Teens Killed In Crash In Southwest Kansas

There are 52 comments on the story from Mar 30, 2008, titled 4 Teens Killed In Crash In Southwest Kansas. In it, reports that:

Four Ulysses, Kan., high school students were killed and another was injured when their car collided with a tractor-trailer on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cassie

Holcomb, KS

#1 Mar 30, 2008
i am still crying cause i lost 2 friends
Unknown

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2008
Cassie... Im sorry to hear bout it.. but did the 5th one pass away!! Im sorry ur in my prayers!!
Bobbi

Westcliffe, CO

#3 Mar 30, 2008
The families and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.
Tony

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2008
Im Hurt fir the girl i lost in the accident! i will never forget her.(R.I.P)(Veronika McDaniel)I will love her all day and ever day. I know she is watching over all the people she cares about.
Angie

Hugoton, KS

#5 Mar 31, 2008
Unknown wrote:
Cassie... Im sorry to hear bout it.. but did the 5th one pass away!! Im sorry ur in my prayers!!
The fifth one is still alive and just came home from the hospital yesterday evening
Cindy

Tinnie, NM

#6 Mar 31, 2008
I'm so very sorry friends and families youre in our thought and prayers
Richard

Denver, CO

#7 Mar 31, 2008
Very sorry. Prayers and thoughts are with you.
Robin

Ulysses, KS

#8 Mar 31, 2008
I miss them all and wish they were still here! i cant stop crying!!
There family and close friends are really hurt
Sonnie

Napa, CA

#9 Apr 1, 2008
All hearts ache for the loss of a loved one, especially a child. The families and friends are in our thoughts and prayers. We are very sorry.
friend

Holcomb, KS

#10 Apr 1, 2008
i'm still pretty sad about it too...
Jessica Bishop

Ulysses, KS

#11 Apr 1, 2008
It Hasn't hit me. Its to unreal to believe my social life is over.
Im So Sorry

Howard, KS

#12 Apr 2, 2008
Jessica Im so sorry I hope you get to feelin better you and all friends and family is in my prayers..
Vickie

Cimarron, KS

#13 Apr 2, 2008
Jessica, Your social life is not over. It has just changed. Sorrow is unfortunetly a part of life, what we do with it can make us stronger or weaken us. If you are searching for answers- there are none to why your friends were taken from this earth. But all the answers to how you need to go on and make the most of the life God has given you is in the Bible. God is there if only you reach out. "But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high. Psalm 69:29 May you reach out to a pastor or mentor rich in the Lord's wisdom for direction. You and all the people morning the loss of these four beautiful girls are in our prayers and also the driver and her family. They too need our compation and love.
Jessica

Ulysses, KS

#14 Apr 2, 2008
Its really not over. It's just me and Jennifer now. I hope Jennifer understands that I need her. I hope she makes it out okay. I don't wanna lose her too. You know? It just hard sometimes. I don't wanna believe it. I don't your sympathy. That girl wasn't me(Jessica Bishop). Cause I wouldn't say anything like that to the public. I don't want to draw attention. I don't want people I don't even know come up to me and hug it's just to weird. I am sorry.

“everyones opinion matters ”

Since: Apr 08

Bible Belt

#15 Apr 2, 2008
Jessica Bishop wrote:
It Hasn't hit me. Its to unreal to believe my social life is over.
I'm sorry I will probably get yelled at for this comment but here goes. Who are you to think that your social life takes presidence over these 4 girls lives? Do you realize that these girls are dead as in they are never coming back. Why do you think your social life is more important than their existence? I'm sorry but you can make new friends, trust me your life will go on, no it wont be the same but everything changes. Its not fair of you to look for sympathy for something so pathetic as a social life at this time. Those girls are GONE! FOREVER! You on the other hand are not, get over yourself. What about those mothers who have to walk by an empty bedroom, and just wish they could have one more minute with their baby? What about them? Do you see them asking for sympathy because they now have no reason to volunteer to be a supervisor of the Prom or now what are they going to talk to fellow parents about? How unfair of you. But then again you are aren't mature or you never would have wrote your comment. Your comment should have been saved for myspace not this forum.
So there it is, I cant believe in a time like this someone is still only thinking of themselves. Disgusting.
I'm ready let me have it. And many of you know who I am, I dont hide my name, I'm not scared.

To you parents of the girls who lost their lives, I'm sorry, I truly hope I never have to be in your place, I cant imagine the pain you feel right now, my deepest sympathy goes to all of you and I pray for you all each night.
little bit much

Holcomb, KS

#17 Apr 2, 2008
Talia Nerheim wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I will probably get yelled at for this comment but here goes. Who are you to think that your social life takes presidence over these 4 girls lives? Do you realize that these girls are dead as in they are never coming back. Why do you think your social life is more important than their existence? I'm sorry but you can make new friends, trust me your life will go on, no it wont be the same but everything changes. Its not fair of you to look for sympathy for something so pathetic as a social life at this time. Those girls are GONE! FOREVER! You on the other hand are not, get over yourself. What about those mothers who have to walk by an empty bedroom, and just wish they could have one more minute with their baby? What about them? Do you see them asking for sympathy because they now have no reason to volunteer to be a supervisor of the Prom or now what are they going to talk to fellow parents about? How unfair of you. But then again you are aren't mature or you never would have wrote your comment. Your comment should have been saved for myspace not this forum.
So there it is, I cant believe in a time like this someone is still only thinking of themselves. Disgusting.
I'm ready let me have it. And many of you know who I am, I dont hide my name, I'm not scared.
To you parents of the girls who lost their lives, I'm sorry, I truly hope I never have to be in your place, I cant imagine the pain you feel right now, my deepest sympathy goes to all of you and I pray for you all each night.
I'm not going to yell at you (if that's even possible on the computer). I think you might be jumping the gun a little. We're dealing with teenagers here. Not adults. Do they always word things the right way? No. Do they probably have good intentions? Yes. Jessica Bishop happens to be one of the extreme closest friends of Myranda Veronika (from what I've seen) and she is very upset over this. What human being wouldn't be? I think what she meant was that her best friends are gone. Now what? She is upset, confused and probably lost. I think these girls depended a lot on each other and now she is looking around wondering who she has in her life now? I might be WAY OFF....but I'm just giving you my opinion on it. I think that maybe you (as an adult) should have kept your comment to yourself on this one because you could tramitize another teenager who is already going thru probably the toughtest thing in her LIFE. And to remind her "Those girls are GONE! FOREVER!" (that was your exact comment) was completely inhumane.

Talia you're going to forget about this event over time. You might hear something that will trigger a thought and remind you of it, but these girls will remember it every day.

Please next time maybe watch what you say. These girls are very sensitive right now.

Thanks.

Bible Belt

#18 Apr 2, 2008
You have no idea, I will remember, I knew Julie, I thought she was a great kid and I know her family, they are great people. What am I going to say the next time I see them? Of course I wont forget Julie, how do you forget a person? I didnt realize it was that easy for some.

Inhumane, please. Maybe I was wrong in thinking this was an adult forum. I realize these girls may be sensitive but maybe they should think of how the parents feel, and the girls siblings, what about them?

I just dont feel this is the time or place to be playing the pity card. I dont see anyone else asking for pity in this tough time. And there are those that actually deserve it.

Bible Belt

#19 Apr 2, 2008
Jessica wrote:
Man People I told you that wasn't me. look in the previous post I haven't been here for days until today. I am not a selfish person. I was never. And anyone knows me knows that. so please dont judge I am not looking for sympathy I just wanna be lefted alone. I have plenty of people to be my friends, No things will never be the same and i am not the one to blame. I can't even imagine what those parents are going through. This affected everyone not just me. Man, this thing is so fucked up
I realize it wasnt you, I wasnt taking my frustration out on you, I was however speaking to whoever posted the comment.
little bit much

Holcomb, KS

#20 Apr 2, 2008
Talia Nerheim wrote:
You have no idea, I will remember, I knew Julie, I thought she was a great kid and I know her family, they are great people. What am I going to say the next time I see them? Of course I wont forget Julie, how do you forget a person? I didnt realize it was that easy for some.
Inhumane, please. Maybe I was wrong in thinking this was an adult forum. I realize these girls may be sensitive but maybe they should think of how the parents feel, and the girls siblings, what about them?
I just dont feel this is the time or place to be playing the pity card. I dont see anyone else asking for pity in this tough time. And there are those that actually deserve it.
Well it wasn't actually her who posted that comment anyways. So you got angry over nothing. As for not forgetting it cause you knew Julie, I'm sure you won't forget it. What my point was...in case i didn't explain it in black and white...is that some of these girls interacted with each other DAILY. They were their family and closest friends. You did not interact with them DAILY. Your life didn't revolve around these close friends. So for you to say for her to "get over it" is extremely low. I don't think you quite understand everything that is going on, and who is involved. You aren't here in Ulysses. You might have been here in the past, but you aren't here now. And I think some things might be harder to understand with you not actually being here and knowing people involved. It's very hard to look at people in town and see the pain in their eyes because you knew how close they were to the girls, and the girl's families.
little bit much

Holcomb, KS

#21 Apr 2, 2008
Talia Nerheim wrote:
Inhumane?? Yes I do think that those comments were inhumane. I watched Jessica Bishop yesterday at Myranda and Veronika's burial. She was walking up with the family taking flowers to lay on the casket before they burried her. Maybe you could have went and said "those girls are GONE! FOREVER!" in her face. That is what you said in your earlier post. And I'M SAYING that it was inhumane to state the obvious to a hurting teenager. That comment did nothing to help her heal. This whole community is trying to heal and comments like that aren't doing anyone any good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ulysses Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The wonderful afterlife Apr 4 Illusion 8
News Kansas man pleads guilty to producing, distribu... Mar '16 Elmer Pudd 8
Save an interesting link here! (Nov '11) Mar '16 Swedish Guy 123
C- Plus Nachos Mar '16 Imissit 1
Storage Mar '16 T ochs 1
taco bell/kfc (Mar '13) Feb '16 Concerned_American 33
Sublette Music Forum (Nov '12) Jan '16 Musikologist 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ulysses Mortgages