Just me

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

The Grant County Gazette has a front page article about the new skating rink and one of the owners stated that this is the first skating rink for Ulysses and that is not true. Jane Eddie ran a skating rink for years in Ulysses. Janes Roller Rink. Anyone from the good old days I am sure will remember it. I see the new owners also have the last name Eddie but obviously they are not related or she would have know this.But anyway you look at it I am so thankful to see that a skating rink is opening! Thanks to the new owners for giving Ulysses a source of fun and entertainment that is long over due.Hope business is great and I am sure it will be!
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Where is the location of the new skating rink? Sounds like fun for the kids!
huh

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

I think the skating rink is good idea. Give our some of teens somewhere to hang out instead of, going out and getting drunk.
hey

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Just me wrote:
The Grant County Gazette has a front page article about the new skating rink and one of the owners stated that this is the first skating rink for Ulysses and that is not true. Jane Eddie ran a skating rink for years in Ulysses. Janes Roller Rink. Anyone from the good old days I am sure will remember it. I see the new owners also have the last name Eddie but obviously they are not related or she would have know this.But anyway you look at it I am so thankful to see that a skating rink is opening! Thanks to the new owners for giving Ulysses a source of fun and entertainment that is long over due.Hope business is great and I am sure it will be!
I think the Gazette got it wrong because the new owner is the grandson on Jane Eddie and he used to skate there so he would know about it. Gazette probably just had a goof up.
Hmmm

Holcomb, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

It's behind Dollar General, where the old bar was. It's supposed to open this weekend.
Everyone

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

GRAND OPENING TODAY!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm

Garden City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Well Willa and Josh are good friends of mine and I'm actually talking to her right at this moment. She is on her way to the Gazette to tell them they made a mistake because they obviously know this isn't the first skating rink. hello! The Gazette made a mistake. Go figure.
Just me wrote:
---SOMEPEOPLE--

Lakin, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

IM PRETTY SURE THEY WOULD KNOW MORE ABOUT WHO THEY ARE AND AREN'T RELATED TOO!!!!
Just me wrote:
skate fan

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Did anyone go to the new skating rink?
How was it and what did it cost to enter?
nice

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

It was actually really neat. Not huge but large enough to skate and have some fun. They have a concession with all the normal snacks and beverages. They have about 6 or 7 arcade video games. They is some tables and chairs for the parents. They also have a very impressive sound system and lights. Overall a great new addition to the community. I believe it cost 6 dollars to skate as long as you like.
skate fan

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

wow sounds great will give it a try thanks

“Defending your right to speech”

Since: Jan 08

Ulysses, Ks which makes me sad

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

ready to take my kid there when we get a chance to.
ok ok

Garden City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

!!!!!!!!!!ARCADES!!!!!!!!!!

Does any one know if they are old school games or the more impressive newer ones . id go not to skate but to play arcade. and i know a few of my buddies would too. does any one know if you have to pay for entrance or just to skate.

what about the hours any one know if its just open nights or weekends or what.

i wouldnt want to go when all the kids are are cramps my style and my little nefews and nieces' would prolly try and hustle me for my precious quarters. lol

Im a gamer, arcades are like a drug. and the bowling alley arcades and broken laundry mat games are not makin the cut .

oh yea TONY CAVASOS for sherrif. lol
nice

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Yeah they have the ultimate old school game. Street Fighter. They also have a couple racing games with the chair and all. They have a shooter game called Carn-e-vil. It is really cool. They also have a few games that have like 3 games in one. All 1 quarter but the shooter game. And you might have to pay I think 2 bucks even if your not skating because building fire code occupancy is limited. Saturday afternoon is the best for gaming. I went last saturday and beat the Street Fighter game. Unfortunatley is was about 10 bucks in quarters later.
ok ok

Garden City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

DAMM ten bucks in quarters!!! that street fighter game is all hard on arcade. i played one in mexico it was tough cause one kid i played knew m bison 's phyco crusher ( it was street fighter 2 turbo) and sucked out about 50 pesos from me which is like five bucks american. But two bucks thats gay. if ones only going to go check it out . i guess its ok if the games are worth it.

DO you know were the closest place to go for an arcade is? I used to go to Alladins castle in the village east mall in Whichita. but it got closed down cause all the high school kids would skip and go there to play DDR. And please dont tell me about dodge mall thats a lil game room.
das was

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Ulysses really needed this for the youngsters ane the teens. There isn't much for them to do to have fun thes days. We are in need of great entertainment for them!! I even might try to break a leg there. Hurrah for this rink. Hurrah!!
das was

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

I know, I misspelled a word, so drop up it perfect pers0n!!!!!!!!!!
furball love

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

Judged:

My kids had the best fun at Jane' Eddies rink. Good clean fun. When I grew up we didn't have a rink, and if we didn't we couldn't wait for a church group to take a bus t0 Lakin, we skated at the court house sidewalks and the jr. high also or all over town. This is one of the greatest advantages for our teens and younger, that has happened in a long time in Ulysses. Finally, we are thiking of them not trahing this site. I actually have my first pair of skates that was fitted and had a screw to tighten them to your foot. OLD.I couldn't afford to have the exensive kind or rent them. What happend to retarded rocket scientists opinions?
Where are you, I miss your comments. He's so precious isn't he. Sweety, did you finally lose your temper problems? We need you on this forum. I still wuv you. Sweet dreams and lullbyes.
howzitnow

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

How is the skating rink going over? Is it a success? Is the town supporting it? I dont see any ads for it. What are it's hours?
lolchick

Ulysses, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

it's trashy noone should waste $6 to get into a trashy frakin skating rink with secondhand skates!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ulysses Discussions

Search the Ulysses Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 5 hr jeffry helms 5,732
Investigation continues into Ulysses bank robbery (Jul '10) 8 hr Answer 83
who gots the best lowrider in town (Dec '10) Apr 10 Hugh Jassol 11
Church of Christ is a Cult (Mar '08) Apr 1 Mike Roch 193
Jason Riley Apr 1 Kill 1
Looking for? Mar 31 historybuff 1
Sublette Music Forum (Nov '12) Mar 31 Gayasfolk 9
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••