First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gizzy gal

Richfield, KS

#1 Apr 12, 2008
Why is Dr. Gerstberger getting so much authority over our hospital??? Now hes on the hospital board which is a conflict of interest. Nurses are quitting because of their fear of his severe anger towards them, and esp his attitude towards them. Also why did the board not renew the contract of the er PA after eleven years???Jeff was a nice and caring er PA. Why put so much money into a hospital refurbishing when you have this kind of unjust actions going on with the staff of the hospital. Has anyone thought to go to the Bd of Healing Arts on the internet to see why Gerstberger was kicked out of Kearny County Clinic and Hospital. It was all severe anger issues with nurses and staff. Yes he is a great, sincere, caring doctor, but it ends there. He unloads his wrath on the staff and this is uncalled for. He should watch his actions since he is still on probation with the Ks Bd of Healing Arts. Wish we had another Dr. Brewer, Tillotson, and Dailey back to show these young drs what sincere care is. Not just for money. You new drs chose this field to go into. You knew the stresses you would face. Why does the drs and the board not address these real issues, not just the hospital's adding on to the tune of much money out of tax dollars.
A Concerned Citizen of Ulysses for over 40 years.
too much

Ulysses, KS

#2 Apr 12, 2008
Dr. Gerstberger is great! If he gets mad at the staff maybe they should be doing their jobs. When I had to take my 1 yrd to the ER because of a temp. of 106 the nurse was to busy on the phone in the same room with my sick baby to help us. She was so worried about what was going on at the bar to care about my baby. Then an hour later shes back and says " OH I guess I should tell the Dr. Your here." then an hour after the Dr. finally saw us she decided to get the medicine ready. Then they did not report it to our DR. that we were there so we could get a check up. so yea DR.Gerstberger should be mad at least someone is doing something at that place.
i agree

Richfield, KS

#3 Apr 12, 2008
Dr Gerstberger is the best.He should be in charge (I highly doubt that he wants to be). Jeff the PA was not great. Gerstberger is needed here. Dr Daily had issues too.
Right

Satanta, KS

#5 Apr 12, 2008
The Hospital is nothing but a band aid center. And we need to get rid of Brockbank. He is an ass
gizzy gal

Richfield, KS

#6 Apr 12, 2008
gizzy gal wrote:
Why is Dr. Gerstberger getting so much authority over our hospital??? Now hes on the hospital board which is a conflict of interest. Nurses are quitting because of their fear of his severe anger towards them, and esp his attitude towards them. Also why did the board not renew the contract of the er PA after eleven years???Jeff was a nice and caring er PA. Why put so much money into a hospital refurbishing when you have this kind of unjust actions going on with the staff of the hospital. Has anyone
thought to go to the Bd of Healing Arts on the internet to see why Gerstberger was kicked out of Kearny County Clinic and Hospital. It was all severe anger issues with nurses and staff. Yes he is a great, sincere, caring doctor, but it ends there. He unloads his wrath on the staff and this is uncalled for. He should watch his actions since he is still on probation with the Ks Bd of Healing Arts. Wish we had another Dr. Brewer, Tillotson, and Dailey back to show these young drs what sincere care is. Not just for money. You new drs chose this field to go into. You knew the stresses you would face. Why does the drs and the board not address these real issues, not just the hospital's adding on to the tune of much money out of tax dollars.
A Concerned Citizen of Ulysses for over 40 years.
I'm apologizing for my comment on Gerstberger's anger. All I heard about him was hear say and gossip and this was so wrong of me. I never had problems with Jeff, but why did the hospital let him go after eleven years? I am sorry for writing what I heard from other people. This should not have perseuded me to act like this on this forum. This could ruin a good dr's reputation and he is probably the best dr. in Ulysses in my opinion. He's treated me kindly with respect. I again apologize for my comments. But there is something strange going on at the hospital and as one lady wrote about waiting on a nurse, this has happened to me also. I sat and sat before one nurse thats feels she is a little better than others, absolutely ignored me. This is, as you said, why Dr. G. is getting so angry. Someone needs to come to the rescue of our hospital. I completely agree about it being a bandaid station. Our new drs. need to either get more confidence in themselves or more college time so at least they can remove an appendix, etc. All in all we have a good hospital if they and we as a community can come together and air our disputes to the board instead on on this forum. Sorry
Outside Looking In

Richfield, KS

#7 Apr 13, 2008
Did you ever stop to think, that the reasons our hospital is a bandaid station is due to admininstration? That Administrator,Jerry Horton & the Director of Nursing SUCK!!!!

I wish I got paid to set on my ass and send the county's $$$$$$$

Since: Apr 08

Ulysses

#8 Apr 13, 2008
Dr Gerstberger has lots better things to do with his time besides try to fix our screwed up hospital..that he has to get his patients sent to better places once they go to the emergency room and end up with idiots like Dr.Brockbank(is he a dr?)..He's probably trying to help fix it so he doesn't have to send his patients out of town every time that they need a hospital stay. As far as nurses go...we know who does their jobs and who gets rid of aides, nurses, etc who report those who don't do there jobs..some of these think they run the hospital, but they don't..Yes, instead of throwing money at a building--some house cleaning of personel should have been done.(Administrators that come from other places, stay long enough to build the building and take the money and run--needs to be stopped..we need an administrator who actually cares about Ulysses hospital and our community, of course when we get one they get run off by Hospital staff, etc.. All Doctors reprimand nurses..just like all bosses and managers reprimand workers..WHEN THEY AREN'T DOING THEIR JOBS. and all people who aren't doing their jobs get on pitty pots and tell how miss treated they are and try to blame it on the bosses. Then some gossippy person shows the world how awful the bosses are. I'd be dead right now if it wasn't for DR. Gerstberger and his knowledge of medicine..No Thanks to that Dr. B. person..if he is a Dr.--These same nurses are the ones that make fun of patients who scream all night when they are in pain and screaming for them to get MY Doctor...I actually heard them talking about me at a later date, when I had to go to Bob Wilson for tests after being at ST. Catherines for 2 weeks (after almost dieing), because of the incompetance of the ER DR on Call. Yep, Poor Nurses, They should see if they can get a job at a real hospital.
Risin Above

Ulysses, KS

#9 Apr 13, 2008
Wow, gizzy gal, a lot changed in 7 hours from your first post to your second. Too bad you couldn't have spent a little time checking into the issue before you started trashing people on this forum. Typical.
not hard to please

Richfield, KS

#10 Apr 13, 2008
Becannette wrote:
Dr Gerstberger has lots better things to do with his time besides try to fix our screwed up hospital..that he has to get his patients sent to better places once they go to the emergency room and end up with idiots like Dr.Brockbank(is he a dr?)..He's probably trying to help fix it so he doesn't have to send his patients out of town every time that they need a hospital stay. As far as nurses go...we know who does their jobs and who gets rid of aides, nurses, etc who report those who don't do there jobs..some of these think they run the hospital, but they don't..Yes, instead of throwing money at a building--some house cleaning of personel should have been done.(Administrators that come from other places, stay long enough to build the building and take the money and run--needs to be stopped..we need an administrator who actually cares about Ulysses hospital and our community, of course when we get one they get run off by Hospital staff, etc.. All Doctors reprimand nurses..just like all bosses and managers reprimand workers..WHEN THEY AREN'T DOING THEIR JOBS. and all people who aren't doing their jobs get on pitty pots and tell how miss treated they are and try to blame it on the bosses. Then some gossippy person shows the world how awful the bosses are. I'd be dead right now if it wasn't for DR. Gerstberger and his knowledge of medicine..No Thanks to that Dr. B. person..if he is a Dr.--These same nurses are the ones that make fun of patients who scream all night when they are in pain and screaming for them to get MY Doctor...I actually heard them talking about me at a later date, when I had to go to Bob Wilson for tests after being at ST. Catherines for 2 weeks (after almost dieing), because of the incompetance of the ER DR on Call. Yep, Poor Nurses, They should see if they can get a job at a real hospital.
Right on about the administrator. Did you know he came from the Lawrence Ks hospital to our small town. Sounds fishy. Oh well, his office is with Karla Nichols and she picks who can talk to him about their problems and the hospitals billing that is all wrong, billing insurance all wrong problems. You can't reason with anyone in the billing office. Of course they are all spanish. If they can't do their job, get out. I'm tired of paying bills that weren't turned over to the insurance properly. I know many people who are hacked over this. Lets as a community just fire all of the people that think they know it all and get sincere people who care about the patient instead of the money. I'm sick of a couple er nurses, but their are excellent ones too. Dr. B. isn't that bad of a doctor. At least he isn't having an affair with an er nurse as has been written on this forum. This is why I don't know who to dr. with anymore. If we all want to grouch, lets all go to a hospital board meeting and let it all out in the proper setting. Probably wouldn't help anyway.
curious

Richfield, KS

#11 Apr 13, 2008
Outside Looking In wrote:
Did you ever stop to think, that the reasons our hospital is a bandaid station is due to admininstration? That Administrator,Jerry Horton & the Director of Nursing SUCK!!!!
I wish I got paid to set on my ass and send the county's $$$$$$$
Who is director of nursing now? hope it isn't the one that worked in the er years ago and took the pain shots for migraine patients for herself. I heard this from a good source that you only got half a shot and went home with the headache. The rest she kept.
another curious

Richfield, KS

#12 Apr 13, 2008
did she have red hair and works across the street now?
Not on jury

Ulysses, KS

#13 Apr 13, 2008
Risin Above wrote:
Wow, gizzy gal, a lot changed in 7 hours from your first post to your second.
Maybe she finally managed to get the nurses to give her a pain pill....
my say

Ulysses, KS

#14 Apr 13, 2008
I'd just say that I am so glad that we HAVE a hospital with an ER in Ulysses to go to. I have had to go to the ER a number of times for different problems. Sometimes the treatment has been terrific, sometimes it has been a little lacking such as how "too much" described. But I've lived in a big city and gone to the ER there... let me tell you, I'll take Bob Wilson over the bigger hospitals' ER's any day! And I would not want to do anything to jeopardize Bob Wilson's existence. I will be happy to use it as a "band-aid" station when my kids are real sick or any other scary thing comes up in the middle of the night. but I'll follow up with a doctor I trust after I get my "band-aid." Meanwhile, I am VERY grateful that we have this!
giz

Richfield, KS

#15 Apr 14, 2008
Risin Above wrote:
Wow, gizzy gal, a lot changed in 7 hours from your first post to your second. Too bad you couldn't have spent a little time checking into the issue before you started trashing people on this forum. Typical.
This was the 1st time for me to post. I thought it was a stupid teen site because of all the language, rumors started to ruin good people and stupid posts. I paniced after I hit post comment, thought about it and if you noticed apologized for it, but you made me realize I can have an opinion also like the rest of you, and mine was grounded in the truth. Yes by people that worked for the hospital in Lakin and by the Ks Bd of Healing Arts. I really should have kept it to myself, but after hearing about the nurse that thought she was going to get hit and called for help is a shame, whether she needed it or not. Noone needs to work in that kind of fear. I paniced like I mentioned. I won't offer my opinion whether grounded in truth or not again!!!!I did get my info from good authority of someone that worked at the hosp. under him. Yet he has had time to change and I pray he did because this pathetic hospital needs him. I think we all agree with this fact. An earlier post talked about an er nurse having an affair with a certain dr. This hospital needs to clean up its act from the always incorrect insurance billing to the disgusting behavior going on. I always go to the KS BD of Healing Arts before I go to any dr. whether Ulysses or any town. Dr. G. is probably the best dr. but a good dr. also needs to adress issues without severe anger to his staff and also the nurses at the hospital, whether you like it or not.Dr. P.Parks was another that couldn't controll anger issues without making a fool of herself. She'd yell at the office staff and the nurses for things that could have been addressed in her office. If the drs. don't like the staff and nurses, tell them alone without scaring everyone around.This is a fact. I really don't have a problem with any of the dr's in Ulysses. Yes everyone doesn't like someone. This is life. Again I'm apologizing for bring up anything. I just wish our hospital would not spend money on refurbishing until they get their act together.
The Truth

Johnson, KS

#16 Apr 14, 2008
1. Dr Gerstberger is a good man. I trust him.
2. Affairs happen. But this is a continual thing with her. She has broken up more than one marriage.
3. Our hospital is a decent facility for a small town. What is there here to attract good people except for good money.
CONFUSED

Moscow, KS

#17 Apr 15, 2008
The Truth wrote:
1. Dr Gerstberger is a good man. I trust him.
2. Affairs happen. But this is a continual thing with her. She has broken up more than one marriage.
3. Our hospital is a decent facility for a small town. What is there here to attract good people except for good money.
2. ZWe are talking about Michelle Langston, right? She's the only one I know doing that crap.
too much

Ulysses, KS

#18 Apr 15, 2008
Not all the nurses that work at BWMH or bad. There are some really good ones. When my son had to stay at the hospital There was a great staff of nurses waiting for him.. 4 ladies that were very caring, helpful, and could under stand that a 2 yrd was scared. The nurse that had to take blood... she did it on the first try and he did not even tear up.(I never had a nurse that good before) Then the day shift that can in and out were all so nice and thoughtful. Ithought they all did a great job. NOW the night shift.... wow I could not believe how rude she was. Coming in and out slaming doors, knocking stuff around. She would come in every hour or two and turn on all the lights. Then she got mad at me because my sick 2 yrd could not get up and go to the bathroom for her. she said " he's not potty trained yet" come on he's 2.....
so Dayshift was great and night shift not so much!

Since: Dec 07

Moscow, KS

#19 Apr 15, 2008
if the night shift nurse would have told me that she would have gotten an earful. some people are very rude
rediculous

Holcomb, KS

#20 Apr 15, 2008
Atleast she took what she said back! LET IT GO!!! Even more typical!
Risin Above wrote:
Wow, gizzy gal, a lot changed in 7 hours from your first post to your second. Too bad you couldn't have spent a little time checking into the issue before you started trashing people on this forum. Typical.
rediculous

Holcomb, KS

#21 Apr 15, 2008
I think that every hospital has room for improvement and if you look back 10 years and compare how it use to be, then maybe you'll see that ours is improving a ton! See what happens before everyone panics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ulysses Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Light on God's Word Sep 22 thoughtful 1
taco bell/kfc (Mar '13) Sep 6 tiger_-_dad 39
News Cobblestone Hotels opens new property in Lakin Aug 31 glitch 1
News Updated: Former Halstead police chief had prior... Aug 28 Burdbrain 1
Why is this town so Racist! (Nov '07) Aug '16 Burdbrain 70
Save an interesting link here! (Nov '11) Aug '16 tiger_-_dad 128
News Kansas man pleads guilty to producing, distribu... (Feb '16) May '16 butallthat 10

Ulysses Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ulysses Mortgages