Radiation in Mendocino County? Hello...

Radiation in Mendocino County? Hellooooo?

Posted in the Ukiah Forum

Sigh

Ukiah, CA

#1 Jun 30, 2011
Why isn't anyone talking about this issue? I keep hearing people mention that Ukiah, Redwood Valley, Covelo and Potter Valley are all the "safest places from radioactive fallout". I've heard we're protected by the vast forests that surround us and our deep valleys..but this seems like a "mystical" statement to me. Is there actual proof behind this? I know Jim Jones moved the People's Temple to Redwood Valley because he was afraid of fallout, too...but is there any basis in fact?? I've looked for solid evidence online, and I've found nothing.

Why aren't people testing for radiation in the soil, milk, drinking water, leafy green vegetables, ETC? This is a serious issue folks. We can't just blindly trust hearsay about the safety of Ukiah valley, etc. Everyone is at risk, especially developing children (including the unborn). The infant mortality rate in Philadelphia has increased nearly 50% since the Fukushima Daichi plant incident...and now other plants are at risk in our own country (two in Nebraska are currently flooding). Now there's a fire around the Los Alamos, NM nuclear lab. NONE OF THIS IS GOOD NEWS, AND WE SHOULD LEARN FROM IT. Pay attention to the Fort Calhoun plant. The rubber barrier was "accidentally" popped by some random equipment and the whole thing is flooding now. There is a media blackout, no fly zone in that area, and a 10 mile mandatory evacuation surrounding the plant. This is NOT GOOD. Fukushima went through the same B.S. and they tried to pull the wool over people's eyes for MONTHS. Little by little, the truth literally leaked out.

Clouds of radiation from Japan have been pummeling our coastline for months and spreading across the US, Canada and even all the way to Iceland. THEY LIED TO US ALL. When they claimed "oh, it will dissipate while it travels over the vast Pacific, nothing to worry about, carry on" they were just feeding us utter B.S.

What makes us so safe here, exactly?

To my knowledge, I know that radiation is transported down from the upper atmosphere in the form of rain, snow and hail. They were finding extremely radioactive ran and melted hail in Missouri, etc. What exactly is saving us from radioactivity being carried down from above?
Ukiah had ridiculous amounts of rains this spring..right after Fukushima. Please tell me that someone else is concerned about this?

Two words of advice for now:

1) Stop drinking milk (U.C. Berkeley already detected radiation in Bay Area milk months ago). MILK is what killed thousands of children (thyroid cancer) after the Chernobyl disaster, since cows were consuming radioactive grass and water.

2) Stay out of the rain.
Radiating One

Ukiah, CA

#2 Jun 30, 2011
Jim Jones read an article in Esquire or the Atlantic or some magazine that said the safest place from fallout was between Eureka and SF....but that was from Nuke war not power plant leakage.

You might want to check out Rosalind Peterson's article. I saw it in Ukiah Blog Live and there were lots of links and info. She is saying that the media is blocking this story.
Sigh

Ukiah, CA

#3 Jun 30, 2011
Thank you, Radiating One!:D
Sigh

Ukiah, CA

#4 Jul 1, 2011
Sooooo...nobody else on the Ukiah forum cares about their future?
Sigh

Ukiah, CA

#5 Jul 1, 2011
Gay rights and Marijuana are both extremely important and I'm happy to see discussion regarding both...but people, don't you realize that our food and water may already be contaminated with hot radioactive particles? Do you even know what will happen to your body if you ingest/breathe any of those?

Judging by air filter samples, Seattle folks were inhaling around 5 hot (the kind that eventually kill you with cancer) particles per day.

Helloooooo?

Do y'all really care about the grave consequences of this caliber of ignorance? I care..

And don't give me the cop out "oh, there's nothing we can do." It's utter BS, and you know it. We have resources at our fingertips, we just need to get together and figure out how bad it really is in our county.
Milk Safe

Ukiah, CA

#6 Jul 5, 2011
Is milk safe? I've stopped drinking it, is there radiation from Japan in it?
Oh boy

Ukiah, CA

#7 Jul 14, 2011
Milk Safe wrote:
Is milk safe? I've stopped drinking it, is there radiation from Japan in it?
UC Berkeley found radiation in bay area milk months ago...I'd continue to abstain from it :/
King Neece

Saugerties, NY

#8 May 7, 2012
Remove radiation from any water source

Our University of Alabama patented solar desalination product uses no electricity, has no filters to replace, can be taken anywhere and extracts pure water from any contaminated water source. It removes radiation, fluoride, salt, pesticides, bacteria, dirt and other contaminants from any water. It aids people to be prepared for disasters, saves hundreds on bottled water and utility bills. Made tough in the U.S.A.

Please visit us:
http://freshwater.ecogreenenergies.com

These units can also be placed together in arrays of literally any number of panels, as needed, to accommodate a desert farm, village or any remote area water needs, etc.
King Neece

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Apr 6, 2013
Easily remove radiation from any water source.

Our University of Alabama patented solar desalination product uses no electricity, has no filters to replace, can be taken anywhere and extracts pure water from any contaminated water source. It removes radiation, fluoride, salt, pesticides, bacteria, dirt and other contaminants from any water. It aids people to be prepared for disasters. Made tough in the U.S.A.

Also, Eco friendly product reviews featuring clean water, energy savings, prepper sites and sustainable energy products.

http://values.cc

This is also our new website for our earlier comment about the University of Alabama solar desalination products.
fedup

Fremont, CA

#10 Apr 27, 2013
Sigh wrote:
Why isn't anyone talking about this issue? I keep hearing people mention that Ukiah, Redwood Valley, Covelo and Potter Valley are all the "safest places from radioactive fallout". I've heard we're protected by the vast forests that surround us and our deep valleys..but this seems like a "mystical" statement to me. Is there actual proof behind this? I know Jim Jones moved the People's Temple to Redwood Valley because he was afraid of fallout, too...but is there any basis in fact?? I've looked for solid evidence online, and I've found nothing.
Why aren't people testing for radiation in the soil, milk, drinking water, leafy green vegetables, ETC? This is a serious issue folks. We can't just blindly trust hearsay about the safety of Ukiah valley, etc. Everyone is at risk, especially developing children (including the unborn). The infant mortality rate in Philadelphia has increased nearly 50% since the Fukushima Daichi plant incident...and now other plants are at risk in our own country (two in Nebraska are currently flooding). Now there's a fire around the Los Alamos, NM nuclear lab. NONE OF THIS IS GOOD NEWS, AND WE SHOULD LEARN FROM IT. Pay attention to the Fort Calhoun plant. The rubber barrier was "accidentally" popped by some random equipment and the whole thing is flooding now. There is a media blackout, no fly zone in that area, and a 10 mile mandatory evacuation surrounding the plant. This is NOT GOOD. Fukushima went through the same B.S. and they tried to pull the wool over people's eyes for MONTHS. Little by little, the truth literally leaked out.
Clouds of radiation from Japan have been pummeling our coastline for months and spreading across the US, Canada and even all the way to Iceland. THEY LIED TO US ALL. When they claimed "oh, it will dissipate while it travels over the vast Pacific, nothing to worry about, carry on" they were just feeding us utter B.S.
What makes us so safe here, exactly?
To my knowledge, I know that radiation is transported down from the upper atmosphere in the form of rain, snow and hail. They were finding extremely radioactive ran and melted hail in Missouri, etc. What exactly is saving us from radioactivity being carried down from above?
Ukiah had ridiculous amounts of rains this spring..right after Fukushima. Please tell me that someone else is concerned about this?
Two words of advice for now:
1) Stop drinking milk (U.C. Berkeley already detected radiation in Bay Area milk months ago). MILK is what killed thousands of children (thyroid cancer) after the Chernobyl disaster, since cows were consuming radioactive grass and water.
2) Stay out of the rain.
You are worried about something you can do nothing about,nobody can.The jet stream travels in a direct line from japan to california,so yea there is no doubt SOME radiation will fall out here.The only thing tou can do for yourself is is find iodine tablets if you are really that alarmed.
knows better

Eugene, OR

#11 Jul 4, 2013
Mendo Co areas have been poisoned and many people have died, but you won't see anybody doing anything.
It's a sick place, with people who don't care, victimizing their kids, generation after generation.
Smart people move out because it's hopeless, and they care about their kids.
LookingforInfo

United States

#12 Sep 9, 2013
Hey, thanks for discussing this.

I read soaking vegetables 3x in natural soapy water can reduce surface radiation, potassium idodine tablets, Atlantic sourced seaweed, and SEABERRY. GROW SEABERRY SHRUBS if you cannot move. Russians have interest in it for cosmonauts and Olympic altheles - anti cancer properties.

Alkaline your body.

Avoid dairy, and seafood. Try eating more sprouted food, and living foods- kombucha, saurekraut, beet kavas.

Or move... However, the whole planet is toxic, so whatever's Better. Perhaps check out land in the Andes?

<3

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 14, 2013
Oslama said it is a good thing so liberals live it
ABC

United States

#14 Sep 16, 2013
Sigh wrote:
Sooooo...nobody else on the Ukiah forum cares about their future?
Here is One KILLED the Ukiah Topix Forum.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#15 Sep 16, 2013
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>Here is One KILLED the Ukiah Topix Forum.
Video killed the radio star..........LOL
King Neece

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Sep 19, 2013
Dazzling Electric Scooters markets street legal electric motorcycles, 3-wheel scooters, kids scooters, electric bikes, electric mountain bike, electric scooter, kids mopeds, electric moped and scooter parts.

With gas prices climbing over the years this option is worth a look.

http://dazzlingelectriccycles.com

They are also creating an affiliate program where customers or anyone with a web presence can make and save money.You can leave them a message at their site.

They also have a pay with cash option where the customer can make money.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#17 Oct 4, 2013
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>Here is One KILLED the Ukiah Topix Forum.
That he has! He's nothing butt a troll of the worst kind.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 4, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>That he has! He's nothing butt a troll of the worst kind.
Correct

And I told you I would be if you continued to troll me..........LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop All International Travel; Austerity Next 8 hr trumplette with rash 1
Deportation to Panama On Hold 11 hr the fear tator 4
Trump to Buy England & Euro 15 hr Stoo Bedassoh 1
It's Bye Bye Bernie 20 hr Carl Lafong 2
Invade Europe? 20 hr Picasshol 2
Trump to Fight Euro? Jun 27 Yuknuf Council Burp 1
No Taxes and No Courts Jun 25 Juanita 2

Ukiah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance