City moving forward on bike path alon...

City moving forward on bike path along railroad tracks

There are 4 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Jan 9, 2011, titled City moving forward on bike path along railroad tracks. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

A bicycle path along the railroad tracks north of Gobbi Street is one step closer to reality after the Ukiah City Council approved moving forward with a plan to build the trail with funding from Caltrans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

Regular Joe

Philo, CA

#1 Jan 9, 2011
With a $20+ billion dollar deficit, it's good to see government is spending our scarce resources wisely. Lets see, if only we could build a new courthouse....
Imagine that

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Jan 9, 2011
We are having problems with the skateboard park...Imagine that. What do you think is going to happen with the bike trail? Homeless problems, assaults, robbery, sex crimes, bike accidents, skateboard problems. Just imagine what will happen.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#3 Jan 30, 2011
You'll be sorrrrryyyy. Once Caltrans backs out they'll be hounding you for a "temporary" levy/tax to maintain it. Let the bike riders fund it.
dylan

Lakeport, CA

#4 Dec 27, 2012
Why spend a cent? Ever hear of rail biking? Special augmentations cutomized for a bike to ride on train tracks... way better than the money pit of a plan i just read, use whats there and rebuild the bikes at cost to an enthusiastic bike hobbyist rather than the state wasting more money on something thats already useable. Lets use that $ to not close the 75+ parks on the ca state closure list rather than this nonsence!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jared under the Bus? 47 min Rev BillyBoyo 1
Trump Gets Grabassoe Arab Award May 22 Ja Red 1
Clear Water Ranch (Feb '09) May 20 rosaliemoore 201
Trump to Don Muslim Dress? May 19 Official Newsline... 1
Shawn Hammittee Runs F B I ? May 16 Tonka Trum4Pres 1
Trump Statue Arrives May 14 Laww Offses 1
Trump Wears Training Bras, Why? May 13 Lawn Spice Urd 1

Ukiah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance