Obama gives Halliburton a 568 million...

Obama gives Halliburton a 568 million no bid contract.

Posted in the Ukiah Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 May 8, 2010
Bush with a paint job………………..If this does not prove it nothing will…………….

No let’s see all of those protesters that protested Bush giving no bid contracts to KBR start protesting obama doing the same thing………….

What do you want to bet that none of the obama sheepoles do it?.........

KBR Inc. was selected for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011 for military support services in Iraq, the Army said.

The Army announced its decision yesterday only hours after the Justice Department said it will pursue a lawsuit accusing the Houston-based company of taking kickbacks from two subcontractors on Iraq-related work. The Army also awarded the work to KBR over objections from members of Congress, who have pushed the Pentagon to seek bids for further logistics contracts.
Come on commander in Chief…………………Do your job…………………LOL…………..I guess you are………………..Handing money out to the corporations has been your job for the last 16 months……………..LOL

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-06/k...
Lacking One

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 May 8, 2010
What background do you have in government contracting?

Do you have experience with Defense Department procedures regarding this type of contract?

Do you know how the country of Iraq, came to be? What was the area called before WWI....I know you'll google, but then at least you will know a tiny bit of what came to pass before we entered the picture....

Educate yourself, don't just surf for slaminations sake.
willynilly

Maple Ridge, Canada

#3 May 8, 2010
Lacking One wrote:
Do you have experience with Defense Department procedures regarding this type of contract?
Do you know how the country of Iraq, came to be? What was the area called before WWI....I know you'll google, but then at least you will know a tiny bit of what came to pass before we entered the picture....
Well said.

As if any other contractor could step in at this point and do the job that Haliburton currently does.
Thank You

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#4 May 9, 2010
You both missed HIO point.
When Bush did the same thing evertone was mad, but now when Mr. Obama does the same thing it is ok. Why?
Lacking One

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 May 9, 2010
Thank You wrote:
You both missed HIO point.
When Bush did the same thing evertone was mad, but now when Mr. Obama does the same thing it is ok. Why?
He has made his point over and over and over.

If Obama shut down this part of the defense dept, which our volunteer army counts on, there would be a huge stink about his weakness on defense....

HIO doesn't have a broad perspective...
Thank You

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#6 May 9, 2010
Lacking One wrote:
<quoted text>
He has made his point over and over and over.
If Obama shut down this part of the defense dept, which our volunteer army counts on, there would be a huge stink about his weakness on defense....
HIO doesn't have a broad perspective...
Were you one of the people mad when Bush did not get bids?
Why did Mr. Obama not seek bids?
Same reason As Mr. Cheney?
Yes as Mr. Obama has a stake also.
Lacking One

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 May 9, 2010
Thank You wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you one of the people mad when Bush did not get bids?
Why did Mr. Obama not seek bids?
Same reason As Mr. Cheney?
Yes as Mr. Obama has a stake also.
Yes, but I understand the broader geo-political perspective.

Are you advocating a return to the draft?
Thank You

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#8 May 9, 2010
Lacking One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I understand the broader geo-political perspective.
Are you advocating a return to the draft?
It was front page news on every news source when G.Bush did it but only a few are talking of Mr, Obama doing the same thing.
Why not a bid?

Your military is not short staffed, why would you need a draft?
Lacking One

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 May 9, 2010
Thank You wrote:
<quoted text>
It was front page news on every news source when G.Bush did it but only a few are talking of Mr, Obama doing the same thing.
Why not a bid?
Your military is not short staffed, why would you need a draft?
What companies can provide a bid that would be competitive with Halliburton? Do you know? Are there any?

Our military is short staffed, and we have had to lower the standards and raise the benefits to keep it all-volunteer. Without support from companies like Halliburton we would most likely need a draft. That would be very unpopular.

Please look for broader information sources...
Thank You

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#10 May 9, 2010
Lacking One wrote:
<quoted text>
What companies can provide a bid that would be competitive with Halliburton? Do you know? Are there any?
Our military is short staffed, and we have had to lower the standards and raise the benefits to keep it all-volunteer. Without support from companies like Halliburton we would most likely need a draft. That would be very unpopular.
Please look for broader information sources...
Military Recruiting Numbers are Climbing and at all time high.
But what has that got to do with the fact that every news source slamed Bush but don't care when Mr. Obama does the same thing

“Facts”

Location hidden

#11 May 10, 2010
Lacking One wrote:
I have filled a few contracts………..

No but I have a good friend that is and still deals with them on a daily basis…………

What does that have to do with Bush and obama giving no bid contracts to a company that they have an interest in?

Do you know what role the wood chippers had in Sadam keeping the Shites and Sunnis from fighting?

Do you know why they have been fighting for 1,500 years?
Indie

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 25, 2010
They are all out protesting the war they cared so much abou.... oh wait, nevermind. See it's o.k. when we do it. Hypocrites.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#13 May 26, 2010
Indie wrote:
They are all out protesting the war they cared so much abou.... oh wait, nevermind. See it's o.k. when we do it. Hypocrites.
Correct..........
Rhonda

Phoenix, AZ

#14 May 27, 2010
At least the "left" is consistent. They consistently blame Bush, hide facts, lie, believe in Utopia and Unicorns and the "zero sum theory", love Che Guevara, Karl Marx, Mao Tse Tung and Obama. You can always count on a liberal to be void of moral conscience and the ability to think. Yes, the lefties want control of everything yet have no understanding of how anything "works". I used to be one of them, thank goodness someone showed me the correct way.
Smells Like One

Ukiah, CA

#15 May 27, 2010
Rhonda wrote:
At least the "left" is consistent. They consistently blame Bush, hide facts, lie, believe in Utopia and Unicorns and the "zero sum theory", love Che Guevara, Karl Marx, Mao Tse Tung and Obama. You can always count on a liberal to be void of moral conscience and the ability to think. Yes, the lefties want control of everything yet have no understanding of how anything "works". I used to be one of them, thank goodness someone showed me the correct way.
Gross generalizations are never quite accurate....correct way for you? Great, but maybe not for those of us who want fairness and better conditions for more than the top 3%.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#16 May 28, 2010
Rhonda wrote:
LOL..........Great post

“Facts”

Location hidden

#17 May 28, 2010
Smells Like One wrote:
<quoted text>
Gross generalizations are never quite accurate....correct way for you? Great, but maybe not for those of us who want fairness and better conditions for more than the top 3%.
Let’s see…………..The conservatives and the republicans freed the slaves……..

The conservatives and republicans pushed for the civil rights.

gore is a liberal and wants to take your money………….
obama is a liberal and he is going to force you to spend ten times more for healthcare.
Smells Like One

Ukiah, CA

#18 May 28, 2010
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s see…………..The conservatives and the republicans freed the slaves……..
The conservatives and republicans pushed for the civil rights.
gore is a liberal and wants to take your money………….
obama is a liberal and he is going to force you to spend ten times more for healthcare.
Wow, it's pretty obvious that history was not part of that business management degree.

What conservatives freed the slaves? And the Repub's were the radical party at that time....

Which conservatives pushed for civil rights? Who were the Repub's pushing for civil rigts?

Better diaper up the history knowledge.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#19 May 28, 2010
Smells Like One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, it's pretty obvious that history was not part of that business management degree.
What conservatives freed the slaves? And the Repub's were the radical party at that time....
Which conservatives pushed for civil rights? Who were the Repub's pushing for civil rigts?
Better diaper up the history knowledge.
Honest Abe…………………….LOL

In the 50s 60s and 70s it was the democrats that voted against civil rights and the republicans that voted for it…………………..LOL
Smells Like One

Ukiah, CA

#20 May 28, 2010
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest Abe…………………….LOL
In the 50s 60s and 70s it was the democrats that voted against civil rights and the republicans that voted for it…………………..LOL
Right about Abe....only in that he was a Repub

But your overgeneralization of the three decades is bassackward.

Foxx: Republicans ‘Passed Civil Rights Bills Back In The 60s Without Very Much Help’ From Democrats
During a debate on the House floor today over designating 21 miles of the Molalla River as “wild and scenic,” Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC), who opposes the legislation, tried to claim a progressive environmental record for her party.“Actually, the GOP has been the leader in starting good environmental programs in this country,” said Foxx.

Foxx then extended her claims of the GOP’s progressive history to the issue of civil rights.“Just as we were the people who passed the civil rights bills back in the ’60s without very much help from our colleagues across the aisle,” said Fox.“They love to engage in revisionist history.” When Foxx finally yielded her time on the floor, Rep. Dennis Cardoza (D-CA) passionately rebuked her:

CARDOZA: Today, what I’m hearing on the floor really takes the cake. The gentlelady from North Carolina, in her statement just now, indicated that the Republican GOP had passed the Civil Rights Act legislation with almost no help from the Democrats. I can’t believe my ears. It was the Kennedy and Johnson administration where we passed that Great Society legislation. It was over the objections of people like Jesse Helms from the gentlewoman’s state that we passed that civil rights legislation. John Lewis…

FOXX: Would, would the gentleman yield?

CARDOZA: No, I will not yield. John Lewis, a member of this House, was beaten on the Edmund Pettus bridge to get that civil rights legislation passed. Tell John Lewis that he wasn’t part of getting that legislation passed.

When she was given a chance to respond, Foxx could only say that Jesse Helms wasn’t elected to the Senate until 1972. Watch it:

Foxx’s claim that Republicans were the real engine behind the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a common notion among conservatives. But as Cardoza points out, it was President Lyndon Johnson who “choreographed passage of this historic measure in 1964.” In fact, the Republican presidential candidate in 1964, Sen. Barry Goldwater (R-AZ), voted against the legislation.

To support the claim that Republicans were actually the architects of civil rights, conservatives often point out that a “higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats supported the civil-rights bill.” But this ignores the “distinct split between Northern and Southern politicians” on the issue. When this is taken into account, the facts show that “in both the North and the South, Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act at a higher rate than the Republicans.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She's back ! 10 hr Lester 2
Private Parts Trimming Carts Approved 10 hr Chico 4
Fat Ladies Demand Cigarettes, Gym Membership 10 hr SEIU 1021 2
Nude Ukiah August Nights Slated 12 hr Dr funky MR 2
Dew Eyed Dystopians Hold Dance May 23 Bomber 2
Make Rights Into Privileges Then Sell Them May 23 Jimjones 2
Clear Water Ranch (Feb '09) May 23 Rosalie Moore 178
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ukiah Mortgages