BREAKING NEWS: Trinity's farewell gat...

BREAKING NEWS: Trinity's farewell gathering

There are 35 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Jul 31, 2009, titled BREAKING NEWS: Trinity's farewell gathering. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Mone Tate the administrator for the past 23 years at Trinity School in Ukiah, smiles through tears as she hugs Kallyn Fowler, 14, the daughter of a Trinity employee at a farewell gathering at the school Friday morning in Ukiah.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hoollp

Hayward, CA

#1 Jul 31, 2009
Bye. The trimming of pork has begun. TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR OWN CHILDREN !!!!
Watcha Know

Isleton, CA

#2 Jul 31, 2009
Less kids running ramp id through out the neighborhood unsupervised. Those kids lose were destructive. good bye trinity.
Sgt Pepper

Atherton, CA

#3 Jul 31, 2009
Wow...! Breaking NEWS!!!
OMG - Hold the presses, dial 911, send up a flare, ring the bell, sensors indicate the Klingon Vessel raised it's sheilds captain, sound the alarm, attention; man all battle stations - Aaaaaaa-OOOOOGAHHHH!!!
BREAKING NEWS: Trinity's farewell gathering
OMG!!! No Way!- That IS breaking news, for SURE!!!
Hopland Resident

United States

#4 Jul 31, 2009
Hmmmm, at the end of this confused piece of writing, I am still not sure what happened at Trinity, until I went to the Press Democrats highlighted articles. It didn't "beat around the bush" just said the facts...Trinity is closing its doors. Ukiah Daily Journal doesn't surprise me, as more then often, I can rely on reading the Press Democrat for our local Ukiah valley news, and on a daily basis. The Ukiah Daily Journal seems to have a problem updating their daily news online...it can be 2,3, 4 days later before they have the days news????? Anyone else have this issue?
Sgt Pepper

Atherton, CA

#5 Aug 1, 2009
Hopland Resident wrote:
Hmmmm, at the end of this confused piece of writing, I am still not sure what happened at Trinity, until I went to the Press Democrats highlighted articles. It didn't "beat around the bush" just said the facts...Trinity is closing its doors. Ukiah Daily Journal doesn't surprise me, as more then often, I can rely on reading the Press Democrat for our local Ukiah valley news, and on a daily basis. The Ukiah Daily Journal seems to have a problem updating their daily news online...it can be 2,3, 4 days later before they have the days news????? Anyone else have this issue?
Goodness sakes alive Hopland Resident, there just nothing like UDJ hyperbole journalism... haha, nothing like it anywhere else on planet earth!
anerican for america

United States

#6 Aug 1, 2009
sorry all the latent druggies and crack hoes have to get a real job.
onepene

Plainville, MA

#7 Aug 1, 2009
Unfortunately, any time there is a home for troubled teens, there are unhappy neighbors and citizens.
Where do we put them? They have to go somewhere. There are no easy answers to this problem.
But Trinity has money problems. Just like any other money making endeavor (business) there has to be financial justification to keep their doors open and running.
Running wild teens is unfortunate, both for the community as well as close neighbors. But again, where do we put them????
These are troubled youth who will become troubled adults. It's not going to stop simply because they reach the age of maturity. These are teens who, for whatever reason, are unable to stay at home. Whether it is because of their own mental illness, troubled family life, incidents of abuse or their own drug/alcohol abuse. These are not problems that will cure themselves and often aren't cured with counseling. But they are minors and legally must be "taken care of" by adults.
The problem is becoming more and more rampant as drug and alcohol issues increase within family home life. Sometimes it's a teen gone bad, but in most cases it is a troubled background of some kind.
Yes, take care of your own children! But, what if that isn't possible? What if YOUR child is a danger to you or your family? What if the adult family members are unable to "hold it together"? What then?
No easy answers.
Ukian

Hayward, CA

#8 Aug 1, 2009
Hey "american", there were some very respectful people that worked there. It was a hard job. People spitting at them, stabbing, getting beat up, ect. Also the employees got attached to the kids they cared for and some had really bad lifes, some had lost children, lost family, lost their partners, and themselves. So be respectful!
FANTASTIC

Marina, CA

#9 Aug 1, 2009
I think it is great that this dirt hole is shutting down. This facility has to be one of the most mismanaged children facilities ever!
And Mone Tate as a director of anything?!? LOL, give me a break!
How does a woman with a high school education, a former nine dollar an hour "milu counselor" (the glorified title they give all of these ex-druggy rejects), who has no previous management, director, or administrative experience (except for that learned at Trinity...LOL) becomes an administrator...This should be used as a comedy skit.
The people who worked their never had any control of the children and the people they hired never had any control over their own lives. Ex-alcoholics and drug addicts...working with dysfunctional children...lol oh my god.
It was like watching the residents of the insane asylum supervising and helping its own. Better yet, this organization was more like the land of misfit toys.
I say good riddance Trinity and Mone Tate. Maybe I will see you at McDonald's taking my order.
Ukian

Hayward, CA

#10 Aug 1, 2009
Once again, I had a few friends that worked there and they are not druggies or alcoholics so those of you who do not know what you're talking about, shut your trap
Wrong

Alameda, CA

#11 Aug 1, 2009
Truth hurts sometimes. Deal with it.
Ukian

Hayward, CA

#12 Aug 1, 2009
It's not true....so yeah
Watcha Know

Isleton, CA

#13 Aug 1, 2009
Ukian wrote:
Once again, I had a few friends that worked there and they are not druggies or alcoholics so those of you who do not know what you're talking about, shut your trap
There were some good people working at Trinity over the Years. However, Trinity also hired some very questionable people too, I know they hired a Felon. In fact just a few years back, there were a couple working there. They was some nepotism going on which helped hire them. I can understand your feelings, but telling people to shut their traps when you don't know the real story over the years is bad.
Ha Ha

United States

#14 Aug 1, 2009
FANTASTIC wrote:
I think it is great that this dirt hole is shutting down. This facility has to be one of the most mismanaged children facilities ever!
And Mone Tate as a director of anything?!? LOL, give me a break!
How does a woman with a high school education, a former nine dollar an hour "milu counselor" (the glorified title they give all of these ex-druggy rejects), who has no previous management, director, or administrative experience (except for that learned at Trinity...LOL) becomes an administrator...This should be used as a comedy skit.
The people who worked their never had any control of the children and the people they hired never had any control over their own lives. Ex-alcoholics and drug addicts...working with dysfunctional children...lol oh my god.
It was like watching the residents of the insane asylum supervising and helping its own. Better yet, this organization was more like the land of misfit toys.
I say good riddance Trinity and Mone Tate. Maybe I will see you at McDonald's taking my order.
So true! I know a few of the employee's, and they are some straight hot messes! Crazy psychos who don't even have custody of there OWN children. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...
Minnie

Ukiah, CA

#15 Aug 1, 2009
So now where are these kids going to go?
Sgt Pepper

Atherton, CA

#16 Aug 1, 2009
Minnie wrote:
So now where are these kids going to go?
Where are these kids going to go...? Well, I'll tell you... they are going to go bananas...!

Oh wait! Just kidding; serious though... how about they come stay with you? Since you are so concerned... and that way they can go bananas at your house, on your time, destroy your life, your family and your neighborhood just like they do everywhere they go!

Maybe you can give them a hug...!?!
How's that?
Sound like fun...?
puzzled

Oceanside, CA

#18 Aug 3, 2009
Ukian wrote:
Hey "american", there were some very respectful people that worked there. It was a hard job. People spitting at them, stabbing, getting beat up, ect. Also the employees got attached to the kids they cared for and some had really bad lifes, some had lost children, lost family, lost their partners, and themselves. So be respectful!
It was a hard job because the employees working there the past 23 years were not qualified to do the job. If they knew what they were doing they wouldn't be getting spit at or stabbed at or beat up. When you have staff molesting kids on the unit, and other staff Elliot molesting his stepdaughters, And these are the people who are in charge and making the rules what the heck do you think is going to happen? and I don't care how sorry elliot is, its only because he got caught. Sorry does not repair what and how those kids were treated. If any of them were smart every kid there the past 23 years should file lawsuits!
Loca from Mendo

New York, NY

#19 Aug 3, 2009
Sgt Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these kids going to go...? Well, I'll tell you... they are going to go bananas...!
Oh wait! Just kidding; serious though... how about they come stay with you? Since you are so concerned... and that way they can go bananas at your house, on your time, destroy your life, your family and your neighborhood just like they do everywhere they go!
Maybe you can give them a hug...!?!
How's that?
Sound like fun...?
I was an employee there for 4 years, and not all the children there were not that bad. Yes, maybe some kids did get out of control but how many of them were taunted by the employees that worked there. Most of your night staff there were useless and only there for a dam check, but bottom line is nobody had or has the right to belittle these children because alot of them were actually looking for help.

I enjoyed working with the kids, unfortunately I had to leave because I was offered a better job in another state.
Sgt Pepper

Atherton, CA

#20 Aug 3, 2009
Loca from Mendo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was an employee there for 4 years, and not all the children there were not that bad. Yes, maybe some kids did get out of control but how many of them were taunted by the employees that worked there. Most of your night staff there were useless and only there for a dam check, but bottom line is nobody had or has the right to belittle these children because alot of them were actually looking for help.
I enjoyed working with the kids, unfortunately I had to leave because I was offered a better job in another state.
Oh... so you chose money over children, monetary over helping kids who needed your guidance and leadership since you enjoyed working with kids. Thus; you were "only there for a dam check", then you were offered a better job in another State... for what...? More money?

How dare you "belittle these children..."

There... that ought to fry your finger-pointing helpful and self-serving mind!
Loca from Mendo

New York, NY

#21 Aug 3, 2009
Sgt Pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... so you chose money over children, monetary over helping kids who needed your guidance and leadership since you enjoyed working with kids. Thus; you were "only there for a dam check", then you were offered a better job in another State... for what...? More money?
How dare you "belittle these children..."
There... that ought to fry your finger-pointing helpful and self-serving mind!
Say what you want but I never belittled these children, not like you have done! Yes maybe I was offered a better job but I personally had no choice but to accept, because I was pregnant with twins and what made me consider taking my job in Arizona was because my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimers.
Since you "think" you know it all, which you don't know anything but talk alot of crap... I now have a degree and I am a juvenile probation officer and work part time in a childrens group home. Looks like I really do care about children, even if they're not my own!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dew Eyed Dystopians Hold Dance 4 hr Bomber 2
Make Rights Into Privileges Then Sell Them 4 hr Jimjones 2
Private Parts Trimming Carts Approved 10 hr DB Pooper 2
Clear Water Ranch (Feb '09) 17 hr Rosalie Moore 178
She's back ! May 19 Happy 1
New Nut Hospital To Have Open House May 19 Squad leader 10
News Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) May 18 scurry 1,212
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ukiah Mortgages