BREAKING NEWS: Ukiah's Trinity school...

BREAKING NEWS: Ukiah's Trinity school to close

There are 55 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from May 28, 2009, titled BREAKING NEWS: Ukiah's Trinity school to close. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Trinity, a home for troubled youth located at 915 School Street, will be closing its doors on July 31, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BrieP

Surprise, AZ

#42 Jul 18, 2010
OleSchoolerofTrinity wrote:
OMG! I can't believe they are shutting down. I spent 3 1/2 yrs of my life in this school. It's a great place for kids. Alot of kids were there coz their parents didn't want them not because they were troubled.. I remember a kid came from San Fransico his mother didnt want him so our head lady of the cafeteria contacted his father in Mexico and his father came and got him. Also remember 2 two twin brothers come in there because there parents didn't want them. Just like with me. And I am from Ukiah born and raised but My mother had 3 older kids before me then had me and always sent me to aunt to aunt untill i was 3 yrs old then sent me to live with my great Aunt for six yrs and I was 9 yrs old, then desides to come get me and only keeps me with her for 2 yrs and I was 11 yrs old..then sends me to Trinity School untill I was 18..Which I got out because I got ahold of my father and I was 15 yrs old...I really Loved that place..Father Steve was a great man and cared about us and the counsler were Awesum too
I was at Trinity from 85-89 I was unfortunate to be given parents who didnt want a child. My mother drank, beat me and let her husband molest me. My dad and his new wife had their own child and I had no part in their "perfect family". Trinity saved my life, gave me skills I use to this day and certainly made me a better parent. I am offended that people would think that because my parents were screwed up I was a bad person. I WAS a product of my environment, very depressed, still struggle with bipolar disorder and Im 35. Trinity may have gone downhill after Father Steve left but those who were blessed enough to be with him and those at the facility then were lucky to be there and better for it in the end. You may cheer that it is gone but where have these kids been placed in the last year? With this economy... who do you think is caring for them? I mean we can throw them away like trash or do something to make it better. You all have absolutely no clue, walk a mile in our shoes you would think differently.
Chritina Beals

Weed, CA

#43 Feb 21, 2012
I went to Trinity school when it was called "New Hope school for children". they changed my life forever and I'm sad to hear it closed i creid the whole weekend.That was my true home and they tought me to respect other people and be independent.We had to go there because our parents didn't want us anymore.Things were a lot different when I was there.Those who have been feed on a silver spoon will never get the life lessons we had.In fact it made us better than that to talk down on those unfortunate children.I was there from 1994-1997 -98.They always keept us on our toes to do the right thing for ourselfs.The staff are very much like mothers we never had.It was hard to depart from there.I miss Lynda she was my true mom.I'll never forget this place it holds a very special place in my hear forever.It has tought me to be a better parent and give my kids everything I never had.I owe my life to "New Hope school for children" which changed to Trinity school after I left.I was in a dancing accident while performing and had to be taking to the hospital and that never stopped me living my life.It's been 14 years since I saw the place but when I heard about this recently the song "this use to be my payground" kicked in Im truely hurt my true home does not exsist anymore.
Chritina Beals

Weed, CA

#44 Feb 21, 2012
I remember all my sisters that became my family : Pam / kerrie /Donna / Ebony / Casey / Jessica.
We were all found and became a real fam.I still have pams high school id from ukiah, sisters I'll never forget Machele was pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl.we can just hope we will always be remembered
Chritina Beals

Weed, CA

#45 Feb 21, 2012
watcha know wrote:
I am sure of Denise as one of the deceased.
they did damm good u could end up giving ur children away because u wouldnt b able to handle them.thay did better than the parents obviously.just be glad we take over ur home .people don't like us because we are the truth and don't mess with b.s
Chritina Beals

Weed, CA

#46 Feb 21, 2012
Very Sad wrote:
Trinity is closing on 07/31. I want to take this opportunity to thank the entire Trinity staff for their years of caring for children in need. God bless you all.
I would like to thank them as well for giving back a beeter life than I had ur awsome and will always be in my heart
Chritina Beals

Weed, CA

#47 Feb 21, 2012
I would like to have contact with everbody that ran the facility and everybody that was there from 1994-1997 -98 it would be the best family reunion ever.my email is cnuanmanee@yahoo.com.
I do still have pictures of everything when i was there when we performed and I presented the Native American theme and just a great laugh together
kareena wages

Phoenix, AZ

#48 Aug 11, 2013
I was there it was Okay I always had breakdowns
Jon J

Pomona, CA

#49 Aug 14, 2013
Nana wrote:
Keep in mind also that these are not local children. These kids come from all over the state. It sounds to me like they are sending the worst of the worst to Ukiah.
Nice, dick. Do you even know where these kids come from? They are emotionally abused, beaten, raped, etc. Now you call them names and you are worried about the poor residents of Ukiah?
It sure must feel great to blame abused children for being pissed off f'ed up human beings. I was one of them and I sure didn't want to live in that damned hellhole in your 'wonderful' town.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#50 Aug 24, 2013
Jon J wrote:
<quoted text>Nice, dick. Do you even know where these kids come from? They are emotionally abused, beaten, raped, etc. Now you call them names and you are worried about the poor residents of Ukiah?
It sure must feel great to blame abused children for being pissed off f'ed up human beings. I was one of them and I sure didn't want to live in that damned hellhole in your 'wonderful' town.
The school did help a lot of children

If the grew dope liberals would have supported it
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#51 Aug 24, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The school did help a lot of children
If the grew dope liberals would have supported it

If you and the rest of the perverts wouldn't have molested the kids it might still be open. You're such a perv .....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#52 Aug 24, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>If you and the rest of the perverts wouldn't have molested the kids it might still be open. You're such a perv .....
Another of your fantasies

Tell us how you can make that statement about someone you can't even say their name..........

Thanks again my little puppet
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#53 Aug 24, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Another of your fantasies
Tell us how you can make that statement about someone you can't even say their name..........
Thanks again my little puppet
Prove it isn't true pervert. Your rules....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#54 Aug 25, 2013
<quoted text>Prove it isn't true pervert. Your rules....
Thanks again my little trained monkey
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#55 Aug 25, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again my little trained monkey
More worthless spam from the infamous pedophile from Puerto Vallarta who is exiled from Northern Caulifornia.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#56 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>More worthless spam from the infamous pedophile from Puerto Vallarta who is exiled from Northern Caulifornia.
Just for my little trained monkey..........LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Esperanto language learning Sun Serry 1
News Trinity School in Ukiah to close - update (May '09) Jan 17 Nurse Whitney 83
Trump's $22million golf trip? Jan 3 the fear tator 9
Hoppers Corner Jan 1 Winkle 1
Trump in Tew-Tew Tights Too Dec '17 fun at Xmass Tyme 1
News Mendocino Ballet brings holiday performances to... Dec '17 Smith smith famly 1
Poor Must Support Rich Dec '17 trump4ever da 1

Ukiah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ukiah Mortgages