BREAKING NEWS: Ukiah's Trinity school...

BREAKING NEWS: Ukiah's Trinity school to close

There are 55 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from May 28, 2009, titled BREAKING NEWS: Ukiah's Trinity school to close. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Trinity, a home for troubled youth located at 915 School Street, will be closing its doors on July 31, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MendocinoNotMend o

San Leandro, CA

#1 May 28, 2009
wow, tough break. i know they employ quite a few people in our area.
RMM65

AOL

#2 May 28, 2009
MAYBE CPS CAN TAKE CARE OF THEM, THEY SEEM TO DO THEIR BEST TO TELL PARENT HOW TO RAISE THEIR KID'S, GO FOR IT. I SURE FEEL SORRY FOR THE KIDS!!
Not good

Elk Grove, CA

#3 May 28, 2009
A good place that took kids from other counties that didn't have a place to go. Sad that Ukiah is doing this!
MendocinoNotMend o

Danville, CA

#4 May 28, 2009
Not good wrote:
A good place that took kids from other counties that didn't have a place to go. Sad that Ukiah is doing this!
take comfort in the fact that it's not Ukiah making the decision; Trinity is part of a larger organization and draws funding from the state (among other sources)
Nana

Aptos, CA

#5 May 29, 2009
Keep in mind also that these are not local children. These kids come from all over the state. It sounds to me like they are sending the worst of the worst to Ukiah.
kristina

Ukiah, CA

#6 May 29, 2009
this is so sad i cant balive this happened!:{
frida

San Leandro, CA

#7 May 29, 2009
Wat coment this be?
anonymous

Eureka, CA

#8 May 29, 2009
Who was drunk?
sillymike

San Francisco, CA

#9 May 29, 2009
I loave how I go to comment on the accident and this appears to be the post about Trinity school. WTF journal?
watcha know

Palo Alto, CA

#10 May 29, 2009
One person in the vehicle that caught on fire was Denise Shaw, wife of Jim Shaw who owns Hydropacific. What a mess!
watcha know

Palo Alto, CA

#11 May 29, 2009
comments linked to the wrong topic!
r u sure bout that

Corte Madera, CA

#12 May 29, 2009
why is this report the opposite of what the chp officer said last night and what the hospital reports about the victims? is this gossip or real reporting?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13 May 29, 2009
About time this place shut down! This place has been reported to the state numerous times and has a very poor history of working with children.
watcha know

Palo Alto, CA

#14 May 29, 2009
I am sure of Denise as one of the deceased.
here and know

Ukiah, CA

#15 May 29, 2009
In regards to the accident, I happened to be driving south on N. State St. and saw a a large plume of smoke. I thought Holiday Inn was on fire. I stopped in front of the old Fire Station, and could see the horrific accident. It had just happened, and the car was fully engulfed in flames. Kudos to the people who were helping to pull the other, struck vehicle from the car on fire. These people risked their own lives to help, before the Ambulances, Fire Trucks and CHP arrived. These people are true heroes. God Bless them all.
saw a little

San Francisco, CA

#16 May 29, 2009
I saw this accident just 5 minutes after it happend. It was so horrible. police were not on the scene yet, but like the comment above said, there were alot of other people checking on the people in the car, making sure everyone was ok, and seeing what they could do. people were directing traffic on the north bound side that I was on. I also saw a man getting into his truck tool box and grabbing his fire suit out so he could help. It was the most horrible thing I have ever seen. I hope I never see anything like thisagain. My deepest regards to those families.
watcha know

Palo Alto, CA

#17 May 29, 2009
DUI? One of the drivers was Denise Shaw.
here and know

United States

#18 May 29, 2009
I don't know about the DUI thing...That is one hairy merging lane coming onto the freeway at N. State St. If someone wasn't careful, they could end up getting pushed off of the road.
Saddened in Ukiah

Ukiah, CA

#20 May 29, 2009
watcha know wrote:
DUI? One of the drivers was Denise Shaw.
You should keep your DUI comments to yourself. Do you know this for a fact or are you making assumptions? Whether you liked her or not she has many, many friends and family who are grieving. PLEASE give it a rest.
wowwa

United States

#21 May 29, 2009
Wow I agree the comments need to stop who knows if it was alcohol related.... They have not released anything about this accident... There are pictures posted that I think are horrible being that they have not even contacted the deceased man in Reddings family go to http://peterphoto.exposuremanager.com/g/uvfd_...
view the pictures urself then write Peter and let him know how u feel about the pictures I think he needs to wait in posting these picture out of respect for the family of the deceased!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anarchist Chapter Dance Scheduled 41 min Razmataz 2
Caucusses Stolen From Trump 4 hr Austin Nevill 2
Vote For Donald Trump 4 hr Austin Nevill 3
Informants Sat Flo Yo 17
18, 324 Syrian Refugees to Ukiah? Sat Hairy Harry Harriett 3
Stinky Cheese Upsets Homeless Sat stop resisting 1
Nekkid Senior Summer Nights Nude Dances Back Fri Stemwinder 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ukiah Mortgages