VA adds three more diseases to Agent Orange 'presumptive' list

The Department of Veterans Affairs recently added three more "presumed" illnesses associated with Agent Orange exposure both in and outside of Vietnam. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carl Young

San Francisco, CA

#21 Feb 8, 2011
No One special wrote:
I seem to remember Agent Orange being sprayed inside Camp pendleton...but i was a child. A good friend just died of parkinsonian Symptoms...he was stationed at Khe Sahn mostly( 67-68). I wish the military would have figured this crap out back in the 60's before...not after, dadburnit.
If your late friend was married his widow maybe eligble for benefits from the VA. She should contact the VA at 800.827.1000. press 1, then one again, then 0 for a live person. She should ask about DIC payments and CHAMPVA (medical insurance)

Since: Jun 10

United States

#22 Feb 8, 2011
Snaproll wrote:
Thanks for the comments and web site. I filed through DAV (Life Member) but have received questionable assistance. New claim has been going on 8 months and I also have an appeal now over 13 months. Guess the VA hopes more vets die off waiting for decisions.
As long as you receive a letter from the VA each month saying your claim is pending there's not much to do but wait. Good part is it's retroactive to your filing date.
If I can be of any assistance you can always contact me on the topix email site.
Clancy

Concord, NC

#23 Jan 12, 2012
Snaproll wrote:
I file a claim last year for prostate cancer and cited TCE exposure as the cause (4 years of use) instead of AO. I figured it would be a long fight with the VA proving the domestic use of AO. If turned down, I guess I will have to open up the can of worms and prove the AO use - Just happen to have a picture of AO drums at Mt Laguna ( color picture shows the 4 inch orange band on the drum).
I have great interest in the pc and tce link, how did your claim come out? Thanks.
Snaproll

Westlake Village, CA

#24 Jun 19, 2012
Clancy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have great interest in the pc and tce link, how did your claim come out? Thanks.
Still waiting - has been 23 months now.. Unfortunatly, the system is broken, the new fixed are just words for the politicians, and we are still getting screwed. If my claim ever closes, I will post the outcome..

Since: Oct 09

Ukiah, CA

#27 Jun 22, 2012
As a Viet Vet stationed in Nha Be, S. Vietnam, as part of Mobile Riverine Warfare Forces, I'd like to offer another perspective on Agent Orange use- It worked, it deprived the enemy of cover, and saved countless American lives...an RPG fired from fifty feet away is far more accurate than one fired from a couple hundred yards away.

To state the military knew AO was harmful is conjecture, and FWIW my own VA experiences have been positive. I get first class medical treatment that's on a par with any hospital, and am reluctant to criticize an overworked system which is processing in thousands of new Vets from our new wars requiring medical care every day.

One thing that might help our overburdened VA system would be to end our wars...just saying.

Author

Richmond, CA

#28 Jun 22, 2012
Agent K wrote:
We should use the contents of the drums to annihilate methcamps, felons, and scumbums.
We need to address the core problem causing their addictions. We wouldn't have Meth labs, if folks would address their mental problems.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Author

Richmond, CA

#29 Jun 22, 2012
Thank you for your service to our Country. I appreciate every thing the River Rats, including the U. S. Coast Guard, have done for our country. You folks were to close to the VC and NVA's. Destroyer duty was a blessing when compared to you.

On the AO working and dropping the greenery quickly. I understand that the recomended dosage was exceeded by 6 times. Why they did so was to drop the leaves quickly ... knowing damn well what health problems would be associated with doing so.

Carl, thanks for sharing your history with us.
MendoMike wrote:
As a Viet Vet stationed in Nha Be, S. Vietnam, as part of Mobile Riverine Warfare Forces, I'd like to offer another perspective on Agent Orange use- It worked, it deprived the enemy of cover, and saved countless American lives...an RPG fired from fifty feet away is far more accurate than one fired from a couple hundred yards away.
To state the military knew AO was harmful is conjecture, and FWIW my own VA experiences have been positive. I get first class medical treatment that's on a par with any hospital, and am reluctant to criticize an overworked system which is processing in thousands of new Vets from our new wars requiring medical care every day.
One thing that might help our overburdened VA system would be to end our wars...just saying.
Author

Richmond, CA

#30 Jun 22, 2012
Sadly the average claim is taking two years to process. I'm working with two widows, very easy DIC requests ...one was two years, the other has been in the system for 28 mo0nths. You can always change your service offier.
Snaproll wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting - has been 23 months now.. Unfortunatly, the system is broken, the new fixed are just words for the politicians, and we are still getting screwed. If my claim ever closes, I will post the outcome..
becqhf

United States

#31 Jul 29, 2013
my husband was exposed to agent in Camp Pendleton between 1972 and 1975 and on the Tripoli he also has PTSD but VA says he wasn't there he is 61 in the final stages of Alzhimer's so he cant tell them anything They are waiting for him to die so they wont have to care for him. He is in Hosp and they want me to bring him home and he thinks he is in the war still wants to kill everyone. watched a friend blown up in another helicopter but he has to prove it and he cant

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#32 Aug 10, 2013
MendoMike wrote:

Oslama knows that GMO foods are as bad if not worse than AO but he accepts Monsanto's money and has allowed more GMO food into the food chain than all presidents before
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#33 Aug 10, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Oslama knows that GMO foods are as bad if not worse than AO but he accepts Monsanto's money and has allowed more GMO food into the food chain than all presidents before
Since you didn't have the balls to show at the scum bucket, let's see if you'll show at the Race Track.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#34 Aug 11, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Since you didn't have the balls to show at the scum bucket, let's see if you'll show at the Race Track.
Yes someone as stupid as you could not figure out how a three day old newspaper that is only sold in Vallarta ended up at Oco time..........

So did Oco time ban you??

Is that why you are so angry with them??

Or is it that I just make you so mad you can't control yourself???

Tell us why you would call Oco time silly names?????
Author

El Cerrito, CA

#35 Aug 12, 2013
You are correct, AO saved many lives in Vietnam.. Sadly its toxins killed many of our fellow Vet's years later.

Welcome Home
meathead01

Bertram, TX

#36 Aug 31, 2014
Ernest Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I was exposed to Agent Orange at Camp Pendleton in 1968, and again in 1970. It is the cause of my VA disability.
I was stationed at Camp Pendleton 1970 through 1972. VA just denied my compensation claim for ischemic heart disease which can be a result from agent orange. Any info you might have about agent orange at Camp Pendleton and the toxins on the base would be helpful. It's a shame what's being denied and hidden those of us who served our county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affordable Care Act Working 2 hr The Fear tator 19
Why oslama is Desperate to Bury Benghazi (May '14) 13 hr Here Is One 13
methhead post links that prove oslama was wrong 20 hr Here Is One 1
Ukiah Police Dept. to get two new cars 23 hr Here Is One 4
Red tags coming off Ukiah's Palace Hotel 23 hr Here Is One 7
Rafael 'filo' Ayala Sun just wondering 1
Troll Camp Sun I voted did you 16

Ukiah News Video

Ukiah Dating
Find my Match

Ukiah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ukiah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ukiah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:48 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:48PM
Will Offensive Woes Cost 49ers a Playoff Spot?
Bleacher Report 9:01 PM
It May Be 'Torture', but 49ers Win Again
Bleacher Report10:14 PM
49ers Can't Afford Poor Offensive Play Versus Seahawks in Week 13
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fact or Fiction: Fantasy Football Week 12 Knee-Jerk Reactions
NBC Sports 9:12 AM
After gutsy call, Jim Harbaugh praises Frank Gore's fourth-down run