Detention camps at undisclosed locations in the US? - Dan Hamburg

Posted in the Ukiah Forum

Dan Hamburg

Jackson St Forest, CA

#1 Dec 16, 2009
Detention camps at undisclosed locations in the US? Rule by Fear or Rule by Law?
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php...
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
-- Winston Churchill, Nov. 21, 1943
Since 9/11, and seemingly without the notice of most Americans, the federal government has assumed the authority to institute martial law, arrest a wide swath of dissidents (citizen and noncitizen alike), and detain people without legal or constitutional recourse in the event of "an emergency influx of immigrants in the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs."
Beginning in 1999, the government has entered into a series of single-bid contracts with Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR) to build detention camps at undisclosed locations within the United States. The government has also contracted with several companies to build thousands of railcars, some reportedly equipped with shackles, ostensibly to transport detainees.
According to diplomat and author Peter Dale Scott, the KBR contract is part of a Homeland Security plan titled ENDGAME, which sets as its goal the removal of "all removable aliens" and "potential terrorists."
Fraud-busters such as Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Los Angeles, have complained about these contracts, saying that more taxpayer dollars should not go to taxpayer-gouging Halliburton. But the real question is: What kind of "new programs" require the construction and refurbishment of detention facilities in nearly every state of the union with the capacity to house perhaps millions of people?
Sect. 1042 of the 2007 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), "Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies," gives the executive the power to invoke martial law. For the first time in more than a century, the president is now authorized to use the military in response to "a natural disaster, a disease outbreak, a terrorist attack or any other condition in which the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to the extent that state officials cannot maintain public order."
The Military Commissions Act of 2006, rammed through Congress just before the 2006 midterm elections, allows for the indefinite imprisonment of anyone who donates money to a charity that turns up on a list of "terrorist" organizations, or who speaks out against the government's policies. The law calls for secret trials for citizens and noncitizens alike.
Dan Hamburg

Jackson St Forest, CA

#2 Dec 16, 2009
Also in 2007, the White House quietly issued National Security Presidential Directive 51 (NSPD-51), to ensure "continuity of government" in the event of what the document vaguely calls a "catastrophic emergency." Should the president determine that such an emergency has occurred, he and he alone is empowered to do whatever he deems necessary to ensure "continuity of government." This could include everything from canceling elections to suspending the Constitution to launching a nuclear attack. Congress has yet to hold a single hearing on NSPD-51.
U.S. Rep. Jane Harman, D-Venice (Los Angeles County) has come up with a new way to expand the domestic "war on terror." Her Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 (HR1955), which passed the House by the lopsided vote of 404-6, would set up a commission to "examine and report upon the facts and causes" of so-called violent radicalism and extremist ideology, then make legislative recommendations on combatting it.
According to commentary in the Baltimore Sun, Rep. Harman and her colleagues from both sides of the aisle believe the country faces a native brand of terrorism, and needs a commission with sweeping investigative power to combat it.
A clue as to where Harman's commission might be aiming is the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act, a law that labels those who "engage in sit-ins, civil disobedience, trespass, or any other crime in the name of animal rights" as terrorists. Other groups in the crosshairs could be anti-abortion protesters, anti-tax agitators, immigration activists, environmentalists, peace demonstrators, Second Amendment rights supporters ... the list goes on and on. According to author Naomi Wolf, the National Counterterrorism Center holds the names of roughly 775,000 "terror suspects" with the number increasing by 20,000 per month.
What could the government be contemplating that leads it to make contingency plans to detain without recourse millions of its own citizens?
The Constitution does not allow the executive to have unchecked power under any circumstances. The people must not allow the president to use the war on terrorism to rule by fear instead of by law.
Lewis Seiler is the president of Voice of the Environment, Inc. Dan Hamburg, a former congressman, is executive director.
MY THOUGHTS

Oakland, CA

#3 Dec 16, 2009
I'VE HEARD ABOUT THESE CAMPS AND WHEN I TOLD PEOPLE, THEY LOOKED AT ME STRANGELY. THIS IS WHAT OBAMA IS PLANNING, IS EVERY BODY READY??
IMPEACHOBAMACAMPAIGN.COM

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#4 Dec 16, 2009
MY THOUGHTS wrote:
I'VE HEARD ABOUT THESE CAMPS AND WHEN I TOLD PEOPLE, THEY LOOKED AT ME STRANGELY. THIS IS WHAT OBAMA IS PLANNING, IS EVERY BODY READY??
IMPEACHOBAMACAMPAIGN.COM
Google and youtube it
Google Em

Oakland, CA

#5 Dec 16, 2009
Dan Hamburg wrote:
Detention camps at undisclosed locations in the US? Rule by Fear or Rule by Law?
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
-- Winston Churchill, Nov. 21, 1943
Since 9/11, and seemingly without the notice of most Americans, the federal government has assumed the authority to institute martial law, arrest a wide swath of dissidents (citizen and noncitizen alike), and detain people without legal or constitutional recourse in the event of "an emergency influx of immigrants in the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs."
Beginning in 1999, the government has entered into a series of single-bid contracts with Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR) to build detention camps at undisclosed locations within the United States. The government has also contracted with several companies to build thousands of railcars, some reportedly equipped with shackles, ostensibly to transport detainees.
According to diplomat and author Peter Dale Scott, the KBR contract is part of a Homeland Security plan titled ENDGAME, which sets as its goal the removal of "all removable aliens" and "potential terrorists."
Fraud-busters such as Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Los Angeles, have complained about these contracts, saying that more taxpayer dollars should not go to taxpayer-gouging Halliburton. But the real question is: What kind of "new programs" require the construction and refurbishment of detention facilities in nearly every state of the union with the capacity to house perhaps millions of people?
Sect. 1042 of the 2007 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), "Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies," gives the executive the power to invoke martial law. For the first time in more than a century, the president is now authorized to use the military in response to "a natural disaster, a disease outbreak, a terrorist attack or any other condition in which the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to the extent that state officials cannot maintain public order."
The Military Commissions Act of 2006, rammed through Congress just before the 2006 midterm elections, allows for the indefinite imprisonment of anyone who donates money to a charity that turns up on a list of "terrorist" organizations, or who speaks out against the government's policies. The law calls for secret trials for citizens and noncitizens alike.
Google Em....
Google Em

Oakland, CA

#6 Dec 16, 2009
Alex Jones #1 of 5 Two Rivers Fema Camp Hardin Montana

they are real!
MY THOUGHTS

Oakland, CA

#7 Dec 17, 2009
WELL, THOSE WHO STRONGLY OPPOSE OBAMANATION, ARE A BELIEVER IN THE CONSTITUION, SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS, TEA PARTY, HATE THE MURDER OF INNOCENT BABIES IN ABORTION, WILL SURELY GET NAILED. WE STAND FOR THESE RIGHTS AND WON'T LET THEM GO WITHOUT A FIGHT. PLEASE, IF YOUR AGAINST THIS EVIL MAN IN OUR WHITE HOUSE, GO TO THE SITE AND SIGN
IMPEACHOBAMACAMPAIGN.COM . IF YOU DON'T, YOU WILL SOMEDAY WAKE UP TO THE FACT THIS A--H--- WILL HAVE YOU BY THE NAP OF THE NECK AND IS BEATING YOU TO DEATH, JUST LIKE HITLER KILLED THE JEW'S!
UKI_Native

Seattle, WA

#8 Dec 17, 2009
Are you daft?

This all occurred under the Bush Administration, how the hell do you pin this on Obama?

No bid KBR-Halliburton contracts? Bush Administration
Extraordinary Rendition? Bush Administration
Martial Law in the case of Natural Disaster (see:Hurricane Katrina)? Bush Administration

Oh, wait..I'm not a reactionary wingnut. Else I'll have to believe Obama is part of some Satanic underground secret society cabal who's had control of the U.S. Government and other foreign governments for the past ten years and have secretly been controlling all acts of our government.
same ol BS

Santa Rosa, CA

#9 Dec 17, 2009
UKI_Native wrote:
Are you daft?
This all occurred under the Bush Administration, how the hell do you pin this on Obama?
Martial Law in the case of Natural Disaster (see:Hurricane Katrina)? Bush Administration
Oh, wait..I'm not a reactionary wingnut. Else I'll have to believe Obama is part of some Satanic underground secret society cabal who's had control of the U.S. Government and other foreign governments for the past ten years and have secretly been controlling all acts of our government.
You must be the nut that wears the Obama T-shirts all over town that lives on Bush St....

Since: Jul 09

Laytonville, CA

#10 Dec 17, 2009
UKI_Native wrote:
Are you daft?
Else I'll have to believe Obama is part of some Satanic underground secret society cabal who's had control of the U.S. Government and other foreign governments for the past ten years and have secretly been controlling all acts of our government.
that actually started under reagan. here i'll prove it to you....R-O-N-A-L-D (6 letters) W-I-L-S-O-N (6 ltrs.) R-E-A-G-A-N (6 ltrs!)
making it actually a BIT longer than 10 years....

“Facts”

Mexico

#11 Dec 17, 2009
UKI_Native wrote:
Are you daft?
Bush is as much if not more to blame in this……..
27yrs

United States

#12 Dec 17, 2009
How about they are all to blame period.
There is some really bad people in our government !!!!
That scares me more than the nature issue we have going on, on the earth right now !!!

“Facts”

Mexico, Mexico

#13 Dec 17, 2009
27yrs wrote:
How about they are all to blame period.
There is some really bad people in our government !!!!
That scares me more than the nature issue we have going on, on the earth right now !!!
Was it not Lynyrd Skynyrd that sang that song….

Ya got that right………
Ya sure got that right…….
watchn

United States

#14 Dec 17, 2009
I had done some research into this years ago. It seems that FEMA was the one whom was overseeing these. Large some able to hold a half million folks are located in Alaska I recall. Huge holding areas. Al Gore was one involed in a relocation plan for world population through a UN project. It has been some years since I have looked into this and guess the mere thought of what it was scared me. Government has a plan and its not the peoples plan.

“Facts”

Villa De Alvarez, Mexico

#15 Dec 17, 2009
watchn wrote:
I had done some research into this years ago. It seems that FEMA was the one whom was overseeing these. Large some able to hold a half million folks are located in Alaska I recall. Huge holding areas. Al Gore was one involed in a relocation plan for world population through a UN project. It has been some years since I have looked into this and guess the mere thought of what it was scared me. Government has a plan and its not the peoples plan.
Spend some time looking at FEMA… Look at the camps…plenty to read if you want…

They used New Orleans as a proving ground for the next disaster.

Seven days before the storm FEMA told the mayor to evacuate the city.
Five days before the storm they told the governor to evacuate the city.
Two days before they told the governor and mayor to use all the busses to evacuate the city.
The day of the storm more of the same.
When the storm hit FEMA said give us total charge and we will help you.
And all of this was refused until the water started rising.

Then the mayor and governor yelled for help……

Next time something happens FEMA will say that Mayors and governors need to step aside and let big brother come help as you don’t know what is happening…

Precedence has been set………..
watchn

United States

#16 Dec 17, 2009
World order. They are all meeting as we blog in Coppenhagen.

“Facts”

Mexico

#17 Dec 17, 2009
watchn wrote:
World order. They are all meeting as we blog in Coppenhagen.
That is what Copenhagen is all about…

Did you see the video on Rothschild’s??
He accidently let it slip….

&fe ature=player_embedded
Ex-Ukiahian-Alas ka

Anchorage, AK

#18 Dec 17, 2009
watchn wrote:
During a internet search of FEMA camps in Alaska,I found that the Alaskan facility is a massive mental health facility and can hold approximately 2 million people,reportedly the largest of the camps. Alaska has a population of around 650,000. In order to fill this camp they will have to bring in about 1.5 million people from the lower 48 after they have jailed all the Alaskan's. This would train loads of rail cars passing through Canada. I wonder how the Canadian government feels about the possibility of over 1.5 million American prisoners passing through their country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cruz / Bachman Presidential Campaign Heats Up 2 hr I voted did you 4
Our necrophiliac thinks Oliver North was POTUS (Jun '14) 6 hr Not a donkey 129
Fears Voiced Over Million NKorean Babys at Border 15 hr Not a real One 16
Storm update: Most roads open, Lake Mendocino g... 15 hr Not a real One 6
Abalone diver drowns off Little River coast (Oct '10) 18 hr PFOBY 51
Troll Camp Tue Not a donkey 37
Carmel Angelo Busted Mon sundayjiang 5

Ukiah News Video

Ukiah Dating
Find my Match