In support of Sheriff Mitchell

I have to write again supporting Rod Mitchell as our ongoing fine Sheriff/Coroner for this county. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Mike

United States

#1 Jul 13, 2010
Mitchell was at the Lake County Rodeo this last weekend as well. He walked around and answered questions from the public.

Mitchell being a true american has respect for the United States of America, the flag that represents the United States, and the National Anthem.

The Lake County Rodeo, as well as most all sports in the United States of America, sing the National Anthem prior to starting their respective competition. On Friday night Francisco Rivero stood with his back to the arena, continued to talk, and did not remove his hat. Everybody in the area stopped what they were doing, removed their hats, and stopped talking for the national anthem. Which is common for people to do in respect of the national anthem.

Maybe he couldn't hear it. Although, I highly doubt it. People who were entering the gate and outside the gate stopped what they were doing to show their respect for America. Keep in mind these people were furthur away than Rivero.

There is no excuse why Rivero would show such disrespect for the country that he lives in and claims to love.
Shagnasty

Clearlake, CA

#3 Jul 13, 2010
I too am for Mitchell. Perhaps we do need a change after 16 years, but Rivero DOES NOT have the experience or intelligence to lead the sheriff's department.

As to Rivero failing to respect the National Anthem...I'm sure he was too busy flapping his lips about 'How Great Thou Art' to hear anyone except himself.
Lakeman

United States

#4 Jul 13, 2010
Seems you vote only on emotions. You state nothing negative about Rivero. Although Mitchell was a good Sheriff in the past, since the last election serious concerns about his ability to manage his staff has arose.

Mitchell bumbled the Bismark Dinius case by being personally involved in it. He went to the scene but failed to call another agency to assume it (and there are plenty of Napa deputies who could have responded from their residences in Hidden Valley). He took no action after Pedock lied to investigators and accessed the boating report case when ordered not to do so. He failed to review the DEA grant causing another high profile case involving Lt. Garzoli. Mitchell can not even fill his staffing positions. A captain position is open and there is no lieutenants currently on duty. The last promotion only had one person put in for lieutenant. Mitchell has three females on his staff that are not deputies (there is no minority in the supervisory chain of command for deputies). One female staff member resigned and the other, who is suppose to be the head of the jail, supervises only two persons and neither are attached to the jail.

Mitchell's retaliation is well known. He fired Bealnd for telling the truth and fired Morshad for releasing an unauthorized report. But wait! Morshad to this date has not bee charged with ANY crime. Even Rusty Wright was not convicted of ANY crime associated with the Sheriff's Office.

Rivero has not been a sheriff and that is true, but when Mitchell started, his only law enforcement supervisory experience was supervising two deputies on grave shift and a reserve deputy for Sacramento (if you call that full time experience).

Rivero has been a cop in two different agencies, full time and not a reserve. Graduated top of his class and was a detective/inspector for SFPD. He also managed two companies that grew into successful businesses. Mitchell's only management skills before sheriff was with Clearlake and you can see that city is still messed up! Even Rivero's family life is good. His wife and son are good people but Mitchell has been accused of cheating on his wife and has a pot smoking son.

You might want to reconsider your statement.
Ignorance is bliss

Benicia, CA

#5 Jul 13, 2010
First of all Ms B you can stop your constant opinions of Mitchell, why you would think people could care a less what your ignorant opinion is no one knows. Next, the minute you indicated you support Mitchell you have lost all credibility. Your opinion loses all value. You actually want to support a man who screws around on his wife not just once by many times? How do you justifiy that as a women Ms. B? How do you justify his using another women Rhonda Rully to try and stir up fake stories against Rivero? How do you justify the death of a young women at the hands of an SO who Mitchell never prosecutes? Your opinion carries no weight, you are nothing in the community. To think that you were on the Grand Jury and had this much bias toward Mitchell is one of the reasons the Grand Jury is seen as so useless. This county has suffered terrible at the hands of Hopkins and Mitchell, and your lack of intellectual understanding is stunning.

Last but not least is you simply won't give up the ghost. It is over you and the remaining Mitchell supporters can cry till your blue in the face. You picked the wrong guy in the primary, and Rivero came in first. Rivero's voter base will grow massively as we go to the November elections, this is by most accounts a done deal. Yet you hang on to a lost cause crying and complaining and it will do you no good. Do the public a favor Ms. B. Stop posting your opinion over and over, it has no weight, you and the man you support are a lost cause, and to think you are a women supporting a man like Mitchell is scary at best! Get a clue!
Occupant of Clearlake

Clearlake, CA

#6 Jul 13, 2010
Safe, if you are a deputy. Private citizen? Not so much.

All it take to have confidence lost, is one colossal screw up. Something like having drunk deputies killing innocent people by speeding in the dark on a boat. Or a deputy crashing into cars because he is high on "Hillbilly Heroin"- little things like that.

I, for one will be voting for the opposition- not because I'm a supporter of the other guy, but because Rod needs to find something else to do.
Red white and blue

Barnesville, OH

#7 Jul 13, 2010
Rod you have our support and votes!

Keep on keeping on!
Crying Wolf

Sausalito, CA

#8 Jul 13, 2010
I was walking into the rodeo on Saturday night when the National Anthem began to play. Rivero was at his booth near the entrance standing next to an elderly lady. He took his hat off and stood there in silence until the anthen was over. If he did it on Saturday it stands to reason he would on Friday.

I for one am tired of the Mitchell and his people posting lies about this guy just because he is running against Mitchell for office. That is truly un- American.
letmegetitstraig ht

AOL

#9 Jul 13, 2010
Ignorance is bliss wrote:
First of all Ms B you can stop your constant opinions of Mitchell, why you would think people could care a less what your ignorant opinion is no one knows. Next, the minute you indicated you support Mitchell you have lost all credibility. Your opinion loses all value. You actually want to support a man who screws around on his wife not just once by many times? How do you justifiy that as a women Ms. B? How do you justify his using another women Rhonda Rully to try and stir up fake stories against Rivero? How do you justify the death of a young women at the hands of an SO who Mitchell never prosecutes? Your opinion carries no weight, you are nothing in the community. To think that you were on the Grand Jury and had this much bias toward Mitchell is one of the reasons the Grand Jury is seen as so useless. This county has suffered terrible at the hands of Hopkins and Mitchell, and your lack of intellectual understanding is stunning.
Last but not least is you simply won't give up the ghost. It is over you and the remaining Mitchell supporters can cry till your blue in the face. You picked the wrong guy in the primary, and Rivero came in first. Rivero's voter base will grow massively as we go to the November elections, this is by most accounts a done deal. Yet you hang on to a lost cause crying and complaining and it will do you no good. Do the public a favor Ms. B. Stop posting your opinion over and over, it has no weight, you and the man you support are a lost cause, and to think you are a women supporting a man like Mitchell is scary at best! Get a clue!
You're the one who looses credibility you have blinders on if you don't think stopping what you're doing during the anthem is important. We were there, we were just coming in the gate,(10 of us) EVERYONE with the exception of Rivero took their hats off and paused until the anthem finished.
You lose credibility when you can't recognize that there were hundreds of people at the rodeo and not one outbreak of discord occurred, a pretty peace loving county, no gangs, no rudeness, no hostility, except for you Rivero lovers who only find fault with our beautiful county, our beautiful country and our beautiful people, we're pretty dang happy here.
The parking was unattended, yet people parked with respect for one another, in fairly straight lines with enough room between the vehicles showing respect. We are pretty fortunate to have the control we have. One minor incident where a young female was chasing a young man shouting hostilities. Mitchell immediately stepped in and separated the "potential" aggression. Rob Brown was also there, big smile, nice presence, we in Kelseyville certainly appreciate him...Thank you Rob, you have been a real asset to Kelseyville. We love this county, we love our country.
Just A Jet Ski

Napa, CA

#10 Jul 13, 2010
I'm still that same person. I do want change, still believe that Perdock should have been charged and Dinius was the wrong man on trial. I still have the same issues and concerns with how my situation was handled by the SO. Here's my dilemma; Do I support a man with little experience in law enforcement, that I've personally seen in action, while in uniform, who not only mishandled the situation, displayed a temper and showed a complete lack of respect? A man I believe lacks the qualifications to be sheriff. Or do I support his opponent who has the qualifications, has disappointed me in the past, had his mistakes plastered all over the blogs and in the media for me to decide what is true and what is not. Iíve decided that Mitchell is living in a glass house and walking on eggshells. He is on public display and knows he will be held accountable by the public from here on out. Iím banking on Mitchell learning from his mistakes and taking charge of his department and restoring confidence. Therefore, Mitchell has my vote by default.
Polly
Lakeport, CA
Whaa Thaa

Clearlake, CA

#11 Jul 13, 2010
Rod Mitchell should be prosecuted for obstruction of justice and malfesance in office. Funny how Hopkins never thought of that, he'll prosecute the average joe for a hangnail.
Scared in Middletown

Berkeley, CA

#12 Jul 13, 2010
Rivero was only a cop for a few short years. In SF, he sued the department saying they were raciest. I've talked with him on a number of times. The man doesn't know the law, and what he does know, he doesn't enforce. He's been in Middletown for several years and we had high hopes he would do something about the crime here. He's done nothing for this city, but continues to buy property to increase his income. As far as being a faithful husband? Try to find a good looking woman he's not tried to hit on. His little boy is from a woman who's not his wife. How can you call that faithful.
Get all the facts, pick the person who has the experience as sheriff, who has a passion for this county. Michell stands far above Rivero on everything.

Since: Mar 09

Clearlake, CA

#13 Jul 13, 2010
Just A Jet Ski wrote:
I'm still that same person. I do want change, still believe that Perdock should have been charged and Dinius was the wrong man on trial. I still have the same issues and concerns with how my situation was handled by the SO. Here's my dilemma; Do I support a man with little experience in law enforcement, that I've personally seen in action, while in uniform, who not only mishandled the situation, displayed a temper and showed a complete lack of respect? A man I believe lacks the qualifications to be sheriff. Or do I support his opponent who has the qualifications, has disappointed me in the past, had his mistakes plastered all over the blogs and in the media for me to decide what is true and what is not. Iíve decided that Mitchell is living in a glass house and walking on eggshells. He is on public display and knows he will be held accountable by the public from here on out. Iím banking on Mitchell learning from his mistakes and taking charge of his department and restoring confidence. Therefore, Mitchell has my vote by default.
Polly
Lakeport, CA
Well said.
Mitchell has always been "the buck stops here" type of a person, so he must accept some responsibility for the D.A.'s miscues, but there some things that were simply out of his control.
He called in other agencies to insure unbiased investigations, and then let the cards fall. The Attorney General was also brought in to insure appropriate overview and found nothing out of place.
Mitchell did his job.
The other candidate has very questionable qualifications and track record. I have heard about his temper problem, but I think the lawsuit against his former agency in San Fran. is much more relevant. More infomation on this lawsuit should be published as to let us know about the man. Until we can learn more and be satisfied that we are not be sold a bad bill of goods, I have to go with Mitchell.
Embarrassment To County

Pahrump, NV

#14 Jul 13, 2010
Scared in Middletown wrote:
Rivero was only a cop for a few short years. In SF, he sued the department saying they were raciest. I've talked with him on a number of times. The man doesn't know the law, and what he does know, he doesn't enforce. He's been in Middletown for several years and we had high hopes he would do something about the crime here. He's done nothing for this city, but continues to buy property to increase his income. As far as being a faithful husband? Try to find a good looking woman he's not tried to hit on. His little boy is from a woman who's not his wife. How can you call that faithful.
Get all the facts, pick the person who has the experience as sheriff, who has a passion for this county. Mitchell stands far above Rivero on everything.
Are you high! Rivero has way more experience than Mitchell. Scared in Middletown how about scared in Lower Lake my husband does not want me to put up Rivero signs because of the sheriffs office screwing with people. This man has more brains than you can image and has worked in the Bay Area where there is real crime bayview, Etc. Mitchell has been nothing but a Mayberry Sheriff and would not be able to work in Oakland or any other area but here. With the good old boys club to have his back he is a liar a moron and a disgrace to the county, anybody has to be better than him, and the fact that he has been cheating on his wife oh yea! he stands for good morals. Time for a change I am so tried of how this county gets out of responsibility of things and comes out smelling like a rose, I am sick of it. GO GO GO RIVERO
FOOLS GOLD

Kelseyville, CA

#15 Jul 13, 2010
Get all the facts, pick the person who has the experience as sheriff, who has a passion for this county. Michell stands far above Rivero on everything.
Wouldn't we just be trading one flawed human with 16 years experience running the sheriff's department for another flawed human with no experience?

And to those rabid rivero supporters that have made viscious personal attacks on Mitchel I ask, Why do those living in glass houses throw the biggest stones?
The list

Benicia, CA

#16 Jul 13, 2010
See what ones you can deny.

1. Untrue to his wife with several different women while she has MS.
2. Totally screwed the Dinius trial
3. Garzoligate, total miss-management of his people
4. Lost all credibility with the Rully scam
5. Trouble pending from Dinius, Beland, Morshed, Wright, etc etc etc.
5. Second place in the primary, first time ever
6. Lost all support from the Hispanics and the American Indian populations.
7. Does not have Baxter on board...Baxter quote "Mitchell is now trying to re-create himself"
8. No hispanics or ethnic groups in management
9. Females poorly represented almost non-existent in his department
10 No charge's in Moreshed or Wright cases nothing

Should I go on? LOL you Mitchell supporters need to get clue. It is over, goodnight the change is upon you, you must open your denial eyes and see the light. The train is leaving the station!!! You can cry all you want, it isn't going to happen. Sorry guys the elitist network is officially closed, and so is Mitchell.
Keeping it real

Benicia, CA

#17 Jul 13, 2010
Oh by the way you might be wise at least so you get some votes to get Rob Brown out of the picture, this guys is costing you votes. Hey just trying to help you have some showing in November you keep Brown on the campaign trail and your fate is sealed worse then it is now. As far as supervisors go Rob is the most hated in the county. This was a bad mistake by Mitchell, he needs to back away from the little cowboy as fast as possible...Hey just trying to help out. ;-)
pot head

United States

#18 Jul 13, 2010
Only a fool would
take unverified information in such a manner and declare it fact. I
suspect there are many people posting as "Agent provocateurs", trying to make Rivero look bad, by posting comments in
poor taste. In my opinion they have tried every other trick in the
book, and this is just one more. Trickery might get you into the game,
but it isn't going to win it.

Here's a perfect description of
political provocateurs.

"A political organization or government may use agents provocateurs against political opponents. The
provocateurs try to incite the opponent to counter-productive or
ineffective acts to foster public disdainóor provide a pretext for
aggression against the opponent."
letmegetitstraig ht

AOL

#19 Jul 13, 2010
The list wrote:
7. Does not have Baxter on board...Baxter quote "Mitchell is now trying to re-create himself"
Should I go on? LOL you Mitchell supporters need to get clue. It is over, goodnight the change is upon you, you must open your denial eyes and see the light. The train is leaving the station!!! You can cry all you want, it isn't going to happen. Sorry guys the elitist network is officially closed, and so is Mitchell.
What I do know to be true, Mitchell's wife was at the Rodeo in the Mitchell booth, smiling and supporting her husband. That I saw for myself. If we do not have a clue, the same ole retoric you come up with is getting really old.
What we do know is, we have the safest county amoungst those around us.
What we do know is, the gangs and criminals are being dealt with.
What we do know is there is a climate of control and authority in the sheriff's office with courteous but unyeilding law enforcement. What more could we ask for....
Do you really think the Indian and Hispanic support would have supported Mitchell?...We have casino's that cause discord within the Indian population, the sheriff has to maintain a different relationship with the Indian population than does Rivero, Rivero has not had to protect the Indian population and the community when problems arrise. There must be a separation of "What they deem as their law and non soverign law" That is why of course Rivero would gain support within the Indian population.
As for all the other issues you list, what makes lovelace think they can investigate the Sheriff's office, when the investigations are complete they will be public knowledge, until then it's called Hippa I believe. Law it's about following the law
pothead

Ukiah, CA

#20 Jul 13, 2010
The list wrote:
You are HUA!
Cowboy Mark

Clearlake, CA

#21 Jul 13, 2010
For the record Mr. Rivero was in the bathroom during the national anthem. I was right behind him. Guess a guy can't even do that in peace anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fears Voiced Over Million NKorean Babys at Border 8 hr Here Is One 38
why does Methhead keep proving me correct? 8 hr Here Is One 4
Our necrophiliac thinks Oliver North was POTUS (Jun '14) 8 hr Here Is One 148
Storm update: Most roads open, Lake Mendocino g... 10 hr Here Is One 30
Northern Mendocino County arrest reports for De... 12 hr Here Is One 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Saturday, Dec. 27, 2014 13 hr Here Is One 1
mexitroll one says a "floodgate is any valve us... Fri Hydraulics engineer 2

Ukiah News Video

Ukiah Dating
Find my Match