Hash receives 11 years in prison

Hash receives 11 years in prison

There are 86 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jan 3, 2009, titled Hash receives 11 years in prison. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Steven Daniel Hash pleaded guilty on Friday to manslaughter in the death of Curtis Huntzinger, a 14-year-old Blue Lake boy killed in 1990.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Proud Native Woman

United States

#66 Jan 23, 2009
Blue Laker wrote:
Does this freak still live in Blue Lake? We NEED to know!!!!!!
<quoted text>
Not as far as I know. He will be living in Jail for a few years, I hope that ass has enough sence to leave when he does get out. Probably not the safest county for him.
Cherri

Walnut, CA

#67 Jan 23, 2009
Proud Native Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sweety, I will keep watching for the definate date. I read that your Mom is trying to get the funds up for the cremation, does she know the Tribe will pay for it? That is if Curtis was on the roll. When my Nephew passed away the tribe covered it all.
My thoughts are with you & your family.
It is my understanding that the cremation and memorial service is taken care of.
Cherri

Walnut, CA

#68 Jan 23, 2009
Need Information wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer this request. I need to know. Did Steve Hash molest Curtis and other children in Blue Lake? Is this a fact or anger speaking. Please know that it is very important to me to know this information.
It is a fact that Hash is a child molester. I do not think my brother was his only victim. He wasn't charged with molestation because it couldn't be proven after so long and because the statute of limitations on a molestation charge had expired long ago.
Proud Native Woman

United States

#69 Jan 23, 2009
Cherri wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my understanding that the cremation and memorial service is taken care of.
Very good to know. Your Mom should not have to worry about any of this. Have a great day.
anon

Arcata, CA

#70 Feb 5, 2009
Proud Native Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I guess I'll be the one to tell, you it is not a fairytale. It is true. I just wish more kids would step up, I know it is hard to do but man it needs to be done. There is a so called man out in Blue Lake who is the one that started all this with his little want to be mofia boys, he knows who he is and so do I. The craper is what I know is what I was told and will never say who told me. Comming from me it is hear say, so no good in court. But this A** Hole knows who he is and I dont care he is getting old and ponchy, he needs to rot in prision. I hope families are able to come forward and tell it like it is, I would bet your not alone, if one starts more may fallow. Dont do it for the Huntzingers, thay have come to terms as much as I think they can, I mean how much more can you lose when your child is gone? Do it for Curtis and all the other kids who feel ashamed for something that was never thier falt. Children are never at falt in this situation.
Again to the Huntzingers, I feel for you and hope that you can have some peace after all your Family has been through. I met Nancy a few times through my Auntie and she was one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
does the name Helard ring any bells?
Alex

Norcross, GA

#71 Nov 15, 2010
I just watched the documentary about the murder of Curtis. I saw the actual police video of that bastard Steve Hash. He is a terrible person that will burn in hell. I have no doubt about that, I think that when all is said and done for Steve Hash, he hopefully will suffer a slow and agonizing death. I feel terrible for the entire ordeal the family has gone through. I cannot imagine the pain you have experienced. I think that the citizens of Humboldt country should be allowed to publicly stone him to death, like people did years ago. I searched the name of Steve Hash on google and it landed me here after I watched the program for a while. It terrifies me to know that such a person can commit murder, and then get offered a manslaughter plea. If Steve Hash gets out of jail in the next few years, I hope he gets beaten to death and buried in the woods so his terrible family can suffer indefinetly. Once again to the Huntzinger family for remaining strong and being true survivors in this world. I am terribly sorry for your loss.
Street Justice

Plainview, NY

#72 Jan 12, 2011
I just watched a TV documentary about what Steven Hash done to this young boy. I myself have a son and cannot imagine the pain the family of this young boy has and is going through. Evil does exist and this evil person only gets 11 years for molesting and murdering a young boy? I hear Steven is to be release sometime around 2013? What prison is he in so I can be sure to make the trip down there when he is and when he is to be released I want to give him something that he has been needing for his entire a life, a bullet between his eyes!! And a few more in his heart!!! I would do this without losing a wink of sleep! Watch your back Steven and remember you had it comin!!! Don’t think you can just molest and murder our children and then be set free and live your life like nothing happened. Even if you’re sorry for what you did the only way to make rite is for you to die! My advice kill yourself before we get to you.
no name

Eureka, CA

#73 Jul 1, 2012
SHe was not there! I know and love STeve HAshs son. While he is a great man in my eyes, he is very scarred and damaged. Think about it. How would you feel in his position. Mom took off and left you behind. You know it wrong and only a monster could do something like that but that's still your dad, and you love him. He has to wrestle with that every day of his life. I hate that such a beautiful person won't let himself shine...
huntzinger

United States

#74 Nov 1, 2012
nothing can bring curtis back. no amount of time will help. hash should go threw the same thing that curtis did and then some. my family is still tore up and torn apart. i wont ever in a million years forgive what hes done. REST IN PEACE BRO
The Lord Says So

United States

#75 Nov 2, 2012
huntzinger wrote:
nothing can bring curtis back. no amount of time will help. hash should go threw the same thing that curtis did and then some. my family is still tore up and torn apart. i wont ever in a million years forgive what hes done. REST IN PEACE BRO
Stupid thieving murderous Curtis, he's burning in Hell.
nikki

United States

#76 May 22, 2013
I'm steve hashs draughter . all those people how sayy he has no remorse . u guys are stupid . he is sorry . he does regret it i know he does . and tto that one person who said the hash children were beaten eaten out of trash cans . that is justt fucken bullshit !
hater

United States

#77 Jun 24, 2013
If he had any remorse he wouldve done the right thing and turn himself in 19yrs ago.I hear he's gettin beat up all the time in prison for what he did.....but thats nothing for whats yet to come.he'd be better off stayin in the pen.cant wait to hear the news that he got what he had coming.burn you piece of .
Gramma Lila

Hayward, CA

#78 Jun 25, 2013
hater wrote:
If he had any remorse he wouldve done the right thing and turn himself in 19yrs ago.I hear he's gettin beat up all the time in prison for what he did.....but thats nothing for whats yet to come.he'd be better off stayin in the pen.cant wait to hear the news that he got what he had coming.burn you piece of .
Indians are nothing but a bunch of retarted 1/2 breed idiots. Soon they all be dead or in prision, soon I hope for the White Grandmother's Family.
nameless

Jackson St Forest, CA

#79 Jul 3, 2013
I cannot believe ppl of this country can b so concerned with same sex marriages, immigration, and throw the book at ppl for misdemeanor crimes when these nasty perverted murders get nothing but a slap on the hand! If that's what u can even call that pathetic sentence! I call it a get outta jail free card!!! America seriously needs to get the priorities together after someone helps everyone straighten them out! Because as I c it, everyone would rather let these monsters back out in the world so they can hurt and kill more innocent ppl instead of stopping it now!!! WTF is wrong with this picture, that's what I wanna know!?
Zara

Lexington, KY

#80 May 11, 2014
you people need to realize what his mother already knew: forgiveness. it doesnt mean he isnt the sick, depraved person you claim...which is true....but learn to forgive and youll be a better person for your act. its not his act that matters. its yours.
GT CR

Castro Valley, CA

#81 May 11, 2014
Nuke the Injuns, fukem they are like roaches high on meth, God they are sick pedofiles, perverts, about 98% are foul felons.
No Forgiveness

United States

#82 Jun 6, 2014
No one who deliberately kills a child deserves forgiveness! If Hash truly had any remorse he would've told the child's mother long ago where he had buried him so she could have had some peace. He could even have done it anonymously years before he was finally caught! He taunted her at times! To me that is not the behavior of a killer that has any remorse!!!
Amber

Mckinleyville, CA

#83 Dec 5, 2014
Steve Hash deserves the death penalty. Not only did he kill my childhood friend Curtis, he harmed many other children as well. I was one of those. He was my babysitter when I was about 5-6 years old, and he was so awful that if my sister or I would bother him with any "unnecessary noise", he would take us out to the backyard and put our head on a chopping block he used for wood and hold an axe over our heads and threaten to chop our heads off. There is no way on earth that this waste of space deserves freedom. EVER!
Amber

Mckinleyville, CA

#84 Dec 5, 2014
The Lord Says So wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid thieving murderous Curtis, he's burning in Hell.
Really, you ignorant f***. You are going to say that about a child who was abused and murdered by a grown man!?! It's YOU that should burn in hell!
Amber

Mckinleyville, CA

#85 Dec 5, 2014
nikki wrote:
I'm steve hashs draughter . all those people how sayy he has no remorse . u guys are stupid . he is sorry . he does regret it i know he does . and tto that one person who said the hash children were beaten eaten out of trash cans . that is justt fucken bullshit !
Well, to his daughter, you weren't even alive when he was killing Curtis and threatened to kill my sister and I, so you may want to keep your mouth shut. I know you want to have faith in your dad, but I'm sorry, he's worthless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Taxes and No Courts Sat Juanita 2
Deportation to Panama On Hold Sat the fear tator 2
Deport Social Security Medicare Leeches Sat LOVETRUMPlove 1
Fat Ldy Karaoke Bear Calling Contest Set Fri Tina 2
It's Bye Bye Bernie Fri Saul 1
Allow Tinckle Down Economics To Work!!! Jun 24 TRUMPWINS 3
Drunx for Trump Hoot Out Jun 23 Duke of Burl Burp 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ukiah Mortgages