Marijuana grows involved water divers...

Marijuana grows involved water diversion; Fish and Game called in

There are 32 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from Oct 13, 2010, titled Marijuana grows involved water diversion; Fish and Game called in. In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Local, state and federal law enforcement agencies have been eradicating marijuana in Laytonville and south of Ukiah in the past week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
monkey boy

Jackson St Forest, CA

#1 Oct 13, 2010
I'm sure Earth First! and ELF are already on it with plans to fight this blight on Mother Earth. I heard they are organizing teams to march naked through the woods pounding drums and tear up all pot gardens they come across
dopers lie

Jackson St Forest, CA

#2 Oct 13, 2010
Lets see how long it takes before the dopers are on here defending these innocent "medical growers."
SeeYa

London, UK

#3 Oct 13, 2010
Another example of tje wasted resources on the prohibition of weed. If pot was legalized this would not occur, nor would the assualts, robberys, murders etc. etc etc.
Mendo Local

Redwood Valley, CA

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Another example of how selfish and short sighted these growers are, they are devastating an already failing fish population, killing flora and fauna due to lack of water and then we see idiots like see ya defending them. Unlicensed water diversion should be a federal crime! Growing MJ is! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
SeeYa

London, UK

#5 Oct 13, 2010
I'm not defending killing flora, fauna or devasting the environment in any way shape or form. What I'm saying is if MJ was legal none of this would occur. When was the last time you heard of an illegal water diversion over Zuchini. If gold were discovered in Mendocino County you would have the same type of crime surrounding gold. No one calls for gold to be against the law. It is the price and associated greed that creates the crime. Lower price and the crime will go away. PS I don't like pot, I just think the crime surrounding is far worse.
Send them to prison

Emeryville, CA

#6 Oct 13, 2010
People who make Shine go to prison because it is illegal to produce it. People who grow should go to prison because it is illegal to produce it.
Get real

United States

#7 Oct 13, 2010
Way to go hippie police
why

Huntington Beach, CA

#8 Oct 13, 2010
dopers lie wrote:
Lets see how long it takes before the dopers are on here defending these innocent "medical growers."
legit med patients do NOT support illegal water diversion. We advocate for all to follow the guidelines.

Its sad that you lump a few bad apples in with legit patients. How sad.
Get real

Fairfield, CA

#9 Oct 13, 2010
why wrote:
<quoted text>
legit med patients do NOT support illegal water diversion. We advocate for all to follow the guidelines.
Its sad that you lump a few bad apples in with legit patients. How sad.
very sad
Country girl

San Quentin, CA

#10 Oct 13, 2010
Send them to prison wrote:
People who make Shine go to prison because it is illegal to produce it. People who grow should go to prison because it is illegal to produce it.
When was the last time someone went to jail for distilling moonshine?
Vexed

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Oct 13, 2010
Country girl wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time someone went to jail for distilling moonshine?
This year in Arkansas and Kentucky......Don't know the exact dates but it still happens.
Seriously

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2010
SeeYa wrote:
I'm not defending killing flora, fauna or devasting the environment in any way shape or form. What I'm saying is if MJ was legal none of this would occur. When was the last time you heard of an illegal water diversion over Zuchini. If gold were discovered in Mendocino County you would have the same type of crime surrounding gold. No one calls for gold to be against the law. It is the price and associated greed that creates the crime. Lower price and the crime will go away. PS I don't like pot, I just think the crime surrounding is far worse.
Growing wine grapes is legal, but there are wineries that divert water...and at least one dairy. Outdoor pot prices are down from last year; the increase in busts for trespass grows and water diversion has nothing whatsoever to do with medical mj, it's about quantity and greed.
mustu

United States

#13 Oct 13, 2010
Lets not call the kettle black. There have been a few a grape grows,homeowners ect.... on the Russian River watershed that have diverted water illegally. Glad to see DFG out and about enforcing the law and protecting our water resources.
SeeYa

London, UK

#14 Oct 13, 2010
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Growing wine grapes is legal, but there are wineries that divert water...and at least one dairy. Outdoor pot prices are down from last year; the increase in busts for trespass grows and water diversion has nothing whatsoever to do with medical mj, it's about quantity and greed.
You are correct trespass grows, illegal water diversions, robberys, assualts, murders....the list goes on and on, it's all about greed. My point exactly. If MJ was as cheap as dirt and just as plentiful NONE of this type of stuff would occur. Legalize it on all levels and the price would be closer to 2000-3000 a ton as opposed to 2000-3000 a lb. The incentive to grow would vaporize and all the crime associated with it would vaporize along with it. Let the central valley fill with acres of weed at that point I doubt you could find a trespass grow or an illegal water diversion. Because at a couple a bucks a pound who would bother with it? Ask yourself where is the last trespass tobacco/wine grape/tomatoes/take your pick grow you heard about?
wellthen

Jackson St Forest, CA

#15 Oct 13, 2010
"more and more medical marijuana gardens are drawing the attention of the DEA".

Soooo how do these guys get some attention

http://www.harborsidehealthcenter.com/

Oh Yah advertise ! Check it out only see 800 people a day pretty mom and popish.
Reality

Lakewood, CA

#16 Oct 13, 2010
Medical Marijuana. Isn't that an OXYMORON?

“Kids are the future”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#17 Oct 13, 2010
Reality wrote:
Always has been and always will be.

“Kids are the future”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#18 Oct 13, 2010
monkey boy wrote:
I'm sure Earth First! and ELF are already on it with plans to fight this blight on Mother Earth. I heard they are organizing teams to march naked through the woods pounding drums and tear up all pot gardens they come across
But where does ELF think their money comes from?
just that

Jackson St Forest, CA

#19 Oct 14, 2010
now that bruce smith is off amdinistrative leave, maybe lintott will start reassigning court dates and the prosecutions of these types of people from 2-3 YEARS AGO! why havent these people been brought down yet? hence MATT GRAVES
jimmyz

Dunkirk, NY

#20 Oct 14, 2010
Reality wrote:
were you been mars?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ukiah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FB pair arrested with 2 pounds, 10 plants of ma... (Dec '10) Fri Lmfao 33
Make Bosses Happy w NO Coporate TAXES Aug 25 Hongry Toady 1
Harry Calls Trump a Russian Puppet Aug 24 Ronamal 2
Trump in Drag Dolls Sell Out Aug 22 Elephants IN love 5
Nude Trump Rally In Ft Bragg Aug 21 ZebraStories 3
Homeless Votes For Trump Tix Aug 21 five cents meester 1
Urinal Cake Collection Grows & Glows Aug 20 Trump Gets Cakes 1

Ukiah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance