First Prev
of 2
Next Last
will

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Oct 16, 2008
McAbees in Altoona is so much better than Mac's Market in Tyrone. Mac's Market is so dirty and their employees are so rude!!!
tom

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Oct 16, 2008
Mac's Market stole the recipe from East End!!
jer

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Oct 16, 2008
Mac's Market employees act like its a chore to serve you!
Betz

Hollidaysburg, PA

#4 Nov 5, 2008
I love Mac's Market. Not sure where you found rude people there but my family has always been treated well.Cannot say that for East End.
Food is great! As far as steeling East End recipe? Come on anyone could do that just by eating one. Difference is Mac's sandwiches are fresh and East Ends are stale. Mac's sandwiches are worth the price and East End's same old size for years.
Elaine -tyrone pa

State College, PA

#5 Nov 7, 2008
I agree with Betz. I never had anyone rude at Mac's but at east end I always have that experience -plus how many times do you pop in 30 min before close to find they are out of rolls which means no hoagies!
jon smith - tyrone

Hollidaysburg, PA

#6 Nov 11, 2008
We love Macs Market we moved close to Macs last spring they have great people and great prices! a great little corner store for all the locals.
and its great place to go for subs and pizzas especially after football fridays.
jake ramsey

Hermitage, PA

#7 Nov 11, 2008
east end is the best though it will always be macs hoggies suck in comparrison and east ends are fresh they make it iwhen you order it!!!!!!!!!!
debi

United States

#8 Nov 24, 2008
macs market or east end take your pick there is a little bit of difference but they both taste great and the people in both places are the same,,, give it a rest,,,,,never heard anyone goin after mcdonalds and burger king geesh!!!!
debi

United States

#9 Nov 24, 2008
let it go,,,, east end or macs market they both serve pizza and hoagies and they taste different at each place, sometimes i feel like east end some times macs,,,, give it a rest geesh
billy dean

Hollidaysburg, PA

#10 Jan 7, 2009
mac's market is so dirty and the employees act like its a chore to wait on you! the grandmother stole the recipe from east end. get your own damn hoagie mac's!
Jason Haney

Tyrone, PA

#11 Jan 31, 2009
Holy Moly guys. This is just silly.

Since: Jul 09

State College, PA

#12 Jul 29, 2009
Hate to resurrect an old thread but I had a question about East Ends hoagies.
We have been eating these hoagies from East End for thirty or fourty years and never had a bad one. They have always been great.
The last two times we bought hoagies at East End they were lousy. They looked great, but didn't have that special East End dressing or whatever formula they always used. Is there new people running the place or did they hire new people or did we just get bad hoagies two times in a row?
The whole family noticed this, so it just wasn't me.
I have never tried Mac's hoagies,but after this latest problem with East End I intend to.
Bill

Cranbury, NJ

#13 Jul 29, 2009
gang turf war!!
ABC

Lewis Run, PA

#14 Nov 3, 2009
I think East End is going down hill fast. I haven't had one of their hoagies in awhile but I have heard nothing but complaints from people who have. Also, they have the worst hours of any business I have ever seen. What is up with closing early because there are no rolls. Ready that seems a bit ridiculus if you ask me. Also, I think Mac's taste the same as East End but in a good way. And who ever said anything about recipes being stolen? That is crazy
Diehl

Altoona, PA

#15 Nov 9, 2009
The Grandmother at Mac's worked at East End and knew the recipe, therefore they knew what it was!!!
Margo

Opelika, AL

#16 May 10, 2010
Honestly, "Grandma" stole the recipe???? Y'all who think that have no idea or clue to what you're saying... In fact, you sound riculous! What's the big deal? Pick whichever you want but please, don't open your piehole if you have no idea what you're talking about.
Margo

Opelika, AL

#17 May 10, 2010
My apologies... I meant "ridiculous". Making typos drive me almost as crazy as those who have no clue to what they are saying.
Beth

Reading, PA

#18 Jun 2, 2010
Mac's Market is the shit, and their hoagies are a hundred times better than east end. Plus they are cheaper and bigger so get over it!
Kelly

Duncansville, PA

#19 Oct 26, 2010
I have to say that I have lived in Tyrone all my life and have eaten many times at both Mac's and East End. Both serve good food and neither place has ever been rude when I was there. As far as the recipe being stolen, Mac's hoagies taste different, but are just as good if not better. They do have better hours so are much easier to get an order in. They are both great places to eat!
Earnhardt

Orlando, FL

#20 Mar 10, 2011
I agree with everything that Kelly from Hollidaysburg who has lived in Tyrone her whole life has said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Ed Swindell 51,454
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 10 hr Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 12 hr Jeremy 183
girls snapchat me ill snap back Sep 6 Anonymous 1
m boyd Sep 4 crekt 1
Tammy Cree Aug 29 lisa 3
Police: Woman arrested after flashing breasts a... Aug '14 test 2
•••
•••

Tyrone Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••