nothing to do for kids in tyrone pa

Posted in the Tyrone Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
j e a

AOL

#1 May 1, 2007
people wounder why kids get into trouble. my husband and i took a ride in tyrone and we seen kids every where on skate boards on the street riding bikes on the street what is in tyrone for kids that dont have rich parents? my husband and grandsons made a race track to ride dirt bikes on in grazersville down by the river it was away from the street no one should have been bothered by it it was in the woods we were told we couldnt ride there it was sewer prop. so we made a track accross from our house where we could watch the kids ride. when i was a kid we played on that shail bank almost every day no complants these kids worked hard on that track like i said befor they wernt hurting anyone and they didnt ride every day it was mostly on the weekends the very next day after the track was built i came home from work to see that the sewer comp, posted the ground the kids cant rid on that ground now i could see if they the sewer comp. was doing something with the ground but nothing has been going on with that ground in over 40 years when i was a kid we had a swing over thier tree houses we played over thier all the time it just takes one ass to bring it down for everyone because hes on the sewer board so thanks bob you really know how to let the kids have fun i guess he dont mind when the under age kids go down to the river to party in the summer making fires and drinking i guess he thinks thats the safe way of having fun
Amused in NYC

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 17, 2009
You're married? And I'm guessing you have kids? You have to be one of the most pathetically illiterate people I've come across online. Word to the wise, less kids, more school. WOW.

Since: Jul 09

State College, PA

#3 Jul 18, 2009
Amused in NYC wrote:
You're married? And I'm guessing you have kids? You have to be one of the most pathetically illiterate people I've come across online. Word to the wise, less kids, more school. WOW.
Wow! That's a little harsh don't you think?
We're not taking a college entrance exam here, just a simple small town forum where people try to get their point across.
Nothing more, nothing less.
slender76

State College, PA

#4 Jul 18, 2009
THIS IS FOR AMUSED IN NYC.....YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME I COULDNT CARE LESS WHAT YOU THINK OF ME. AS FAR AS MY KIDS GO MY KIDS ARE GROWN IM TALKING ABOUT MY GRAND CHILDREN
joyce

West Chester, PA

#5 Jul 20, 2009
my grandsone they raced every summer with these bikes we bought these bikes because raceing was something they liked to do and the boys were off the street my grandsons wernt the only ones this happend to because young punks decide they want what someone else worked hard for so they just come and take it .now i am so sorry that i didnt spell a few words right but i think i got my voice heard this time
amishman

United States

#6 Jul 20, 2009
Nothing to do? Baseball, volleyball, volunteering, hey here's a novelty- how about a few chores?!!! The sense of entitlement is amazing. It's not your property-respect that. Maybe it was okay back when you were younger, but the legal ramifications are different these days. You don't need a lot of money to find something to do. Get creative. Fun doesn't have to involve computer games or gas powered recreational vehicles. That's why kids are obese. They need to get off their lazy butts and sweat a little.
Bob

West Chester, PA

#7 Jul 21, 2009
You're mad because your kids can't ride dirt-bikes on property that's not theirs?!?

Can I ride my dirt-bike on YOUR property??
slender76

State College, PA

#8 Jul 21, 2009
my grandsons do play football baseball and they also wrestle for Tyrone and yes they all have chores to do every day.they are not lazyas for the ground i am talking about is back in the woods where they dont bother anyone i noticed not one time was the cops called on any of the other kids that rod thier 4 wheelers and dirt bikes explaine that one!!
amishman

United States

#9 Jul 21, 2009
Explanation: It's simple, it's not YOUR property. Someone else owns it, they get to choose what to do with it, and whom to allow on it. Learn to respect other peoples properties.
Doesn't matter if its in the middle of nowhere-it's not yours.

So say little "johnie" gets hurt, while he is "innocently" riding or playing on this property, guess who is going to pay for his injuries. Not his parents, no, they will be handing a lawsuit to the property owner, claiming the property owner was at fault for not having a disclaimer, that riding or playing on said property could be hazardous to his health.

Get it now??????????
slender76

Frenchville, PA

#10 Jul 22, 2009
you are a fool only people like you think of lawsuits i never suied anyone in my life if my kids got hurt i took care of it thats whats what wrong with this world today everyone wants to slap a law suit on someone .now do you GET IT?
amishman

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2009
What I GET is that you are still whining about not being able to use someone else's property for your personal use. You have an inability to comprehend why that creates a problem. Do you not read newspapers or is your head in the clouds? Courts are filed with hundreds of frivolous lawsuits each year. Liability is big business, and raises insurance premiums for everyone. Let me repeat..........RESPECT other peoples property, and teach that lesson to your grandsons.........maybe a hefty trespassing fine will help you GET IT!

SSSssshhhh..........secret.... .....i hear that a woman might even sue McDonalds for coffee that is too hot!.........Ssshhhhhhhhh... lol!
Bob

West Chester, PA

#12 Jul 23, 2009
once again...

You're mad because your kids can't ride dirt-bikes on property that's not theirs?!?

Can I ride MY dirt-bike on YOUR property??
slender76

Frenchville, PA

#13 Jul 23, 2009
Bob wrote:
once again...
Can I ride MY dirt-bike on YOUR property??
bob i would like to tell youwhat you can do!and it wouldnt be riding a bike.take that to your next meeting
slender76

Frenchville, PA

#14 Jul 23, 2009
amishman wrote:
What I GET is that you are still whining about not being able to use someone else's property for your personal use. You have an inability to comprehend why that creates a problem. Do you not read newspapers or is your head in the clouds? Courts are filed with hundreds of frivolous lawsuits each year. Liability is big business, and raises insurance premiums for everyone. Let me repeat..........RESPECT other peoples property, and teach that lesson to your grandsons.........maybe a hefty trespassing fine will help you GET IT!
SSSssshhhh..........secret.... .....i hear that a woman might even sue McDonalds for coffee that is too hot!.........Ssshhhhhhhhh... lol!
that happen a long time ago with the i think you should just stay in your house looking out the window s making sure no one walks on your grass funny man amish man come on get real!!!!!ass i would pay all the fines ihad to if it keeps the kids off the streets and away from drugs
slender76

Frenchville, PA

#15 Jul 23, 2009
they wernt used bikes they werebought brand new with money we work for with REAL JOBS.....THANK YOU.Now drop it!!!cause ill keep writing as long as you do
amishman

United States

#16 Jul 23, 2009
So if you can afford brand new bikes, there should be no reason for you to drive them on LAND THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU! You should be able to drive them on your property. And that isn't happening, because.......... Hope you have insurance and safety equipment.

Why don't you take the grandkiddies to rock run on the weekends, where they have trails and lots of room?

Oh, and i don't have an ass, but i do have several horses, and a donkey. Might be you have the ass mixed up with the donkey. They tend to look alike. And i drive and ride them on MY property only. I have respect!!!!!!!!!!

slender76

Frenchville, PA

#17 Jul 23, 2009
amishman wrote:
So if you can afford brand new bikes, there should be no reason for you to drive them on LAND THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU! You should be able to drive them on your property. And that isn't happening, because.......... Hope you have insurance and safety equipment.
Why don't you take the grandkiddies to rock run on the weekends, where they have trails and lots of room?
Oh, and i don't have an ass, but i do have several horses, and a donkey. Might be you have the ass mixed up with the donkey. They tend to look alike. And i drive and ride them on MY property only. I have respect!!!!!!!!!!
you may have respect fot others land but not for people and you are an ass and one more thing i can aford to take my grandchildren anywhere they want to go i just didnt think the woods we be that much of a big deal i was wrong so please please forgive me oh mightl one who goes by the book
amishman

United States

#18 Jul 23, 2009
I have respect for other peoples's property, possesions, and the law. I also respect other people who deserve and earn respect. I am not the one who is on here calling people an a**-you are, and proudly saying they will pay all the fines necessary to keep the grandkiddies off the streets-( illegal trespassing on property). Act like an adult and set an example for the grandkiddies.

You must be wearing rose-colored glasses!!!!!!!!lol!!!!

Maybe you are talking about my burro!!!!!
amishman

United States

#19 Jul 23, 2009
Burro was a used model, however, had quite a few miles on him. gets about 20 miles to the feedbag.
slender76

Frenchville, PA

#20 Jul 24, 2009
slender76 wrote:
<quoted text>you may have respect fot others land but not for people and you are an ass and one more thing i can aford to take my grandchildren anywhere they want to go i just didnt think the woods we be that much of a big deal i was wrong so please please forgive me oh mightl one who goes by the book
the ONLY thing i think is funny is YOU really dont know who ypu are talking to and i called you an ass when you started to act like one .you just wanted to spit out your big words and try to act like a cool guy.well i was upset that we had over $ 15000.oo taken out of our shed by kids that just wanted to take them an yas we did report it but the kids are all but one under 18 years old so what are they going to do with the minors?Nothing. so excuse me if i didnt think you and your BUDDY BOBS COMMENTS WERE FUNNY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Chat Area just for Altoona (Aug '06) 2 hr Nathan 233
Bonnie Pasquino (Nov '16) Mar '17 Fremont Avery 3
altoona (Apr '06) Sep '16 Anonymous freedom 28
Heather Snyder (Apr '10) Aug '16 Anonymous 8
News The Reverend Norman E. Huff (Aug '16) Aug '16 Pat Stum Arbegast 1
News Police: Woman arrested after flashing breasts a... (Jul '14) Aug '16 bam bam 4
News United in grief (Aug '16) Aug '16 tell it like it is 4

Tyrone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tyrone Mortgages