Dog-napper 'willing to go to jail'

Full story: Centre Daily Times

TIPTON -- A Tyrone woman and founder of 'Dogs Deserve Better' vows she will go to jail before she gives up Doogie, the dog she is accused of stealing from an East Freedom family.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated May 11, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tina

Big Prairie, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2006

the people who own that dog should have charges against them and grimes should be given an award what if this was a child or an old person the story would be different but sinces its a dog who cares right well wrong some people value animals like people and thats the way they should be treated
Judy Bishop

Great Cacapon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2006

I would have done the same thing.And yes I would be willing to go to jail.Why don't they tie the owner of this dog to a chain in the yard for a few weeks.
LRK

Ridgeway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

See full story + before/after videos at: www.dogsdeservebetter.org/doogie.html
ADS

University Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

Please take a moment to view the before AND after video of Doogie. It seems to me that such a miraculous improvement tells the story that the Arnolds did not take action/nor cared to take action to help Doogie have a better quality of life. If they couldn't take care of their pet, why not let someone else and why bother suing...if they truly care about the dog, they should be rejoicing it his recovery!
Judy Wyoming

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

So the owners were going to put him to sleep; look at the videos of him after proper care, treatment and attention. Just a little bit of love makes all the difference. These people should be in jail, but in our society, we always seem to "shoot the messenger"! Bravo Tammy for saving this furkid's life. To the owners: shame on you for your disrespect for life. I hope you don't have children because you are not good role models for anyone. You are the scum!
LRK

Ridgeway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

"A righteous man gives regard to the life of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel." (Pv.12:10) Apparently, the Arnolds' kindness toward Jake led Kim Eicher and Tammy Grimes into regarding the whisper of life remaining in him. May the real thiefs please stand up!
CL Chesterfield VA

Lexington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2006

It's time laws are changed to protect innocent pets from their owners.
It is very obvious here who commited the crime against this poor dog, it was the owners. And to see the other dog chained also. What kind of life is this remainding dog going to have?
Someone had to do something to help this dog and Tammy did what she should have , she saved his life. Why should this act of human kindness be punished? What is wrong with our society when we can not step in to help an animal? Had it been a human would it still be the same out come of her being dragged thru court? I hardly think not.
I am truly outraged.
Kim Obert- PA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2006

Tammy had the guts to do what many of us are afraid to do, stand up and do what is right no matter what the consequences. To let the dog lay there, unmoving, alone and suffering is the real crime. A valued member of the family should be inside with his family, not tied to a chain 24/7/365 as a permanent lawn ornament.
Sharon Diehl

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2006

My husband and I took a neglected ChowChow into our home from a nextdoor rundown student rental. Animal Control had been called by another neighbor after the loose Chow had growled at him in his own yard. The dog had tape worms, peridontal disease, and skin problems. The students didn't have the money for vet care. The rescued Chow is a happy guy now, loved by all our friends, who we suspect come to pet 'Fred', not to see us! My congratulations to Tammy for rescuing Doogie. There are people in the world who care and act, and there are thoughtless people, like the Arnolds, who don't have a clue or feeling about the proper care of our four-footed companions.
Henery

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2006

everyone is gayyy
Mac

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

They should place the owners in JAIL...........
Mac

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Kim Obert- PA wrote:
Tammy had the guts to do what many of us are afraid to do, stand up and do what is right no matter what the consequences. To let the dog lay there, unmoving, alone and suffering is the real crime. A valued member of the family should be inside with his family, not tied to a chain 24/7/365 as a permanent lawn ornament.
I agree.
chip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

you people all are nuts, if anybody steps one foot on my property uninvited for any reason they should watch out for flying objects they may cause lead poisoning
chips dog

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

IF YOUR ABUSING ANIMAL'S,IT BETTER BE A CANNON...
doglover99

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

I do feel bad for Doogie and all other neglected dogs. Not all dogs tied outside are neglected though.
It comes down to the law!
What Grimes did is illegal!
The owners of Doogie were neglectful, but that does not give a civilian rights to just go take something.
If this is OK then watch out for other bunny lickers to take anything you own.
I am all for neglectful pet owners facing charges and stiff sentences, but extremists like Grimes make me sick.
sandra

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2008

let me tell you what! I may be nuts but I'd have done the same exact thing as Tammy Grimes ,as would my children ( WE are from there originally)- but not only would the Arnolds have lost their pet, but they'd be wanting to move, too, after I was thru speaking to them.
Civil decency requires us to take care of our pets and when others aren't, we MUST step in without asking permission.
The Arnolds should be thanking her for taking care of their pet. Apparently she didn't make them scared enough... Some people have no decency.
tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

i think tammy should be put in jail since i also saw her sneak into a neighbors yard while he was at work and steal his dog out of its yard
ekb

Chapel Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

You have a rectal / craninal inversion. Please be sure to post some pics of your chained dog that you have in your redneck beer swelling yard. Sya "hi" to the Arnolds next time you go 4 wheeling with them and the DA.
chip wrote:
you people all are nuts, if anybody steps one foot on my property uninvited for any reason they should watch out for flying objects they may cause lead poisoning
Chad The Grooveman

Wildwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

It is sad that no one is picking up on the free advertising Dogs Deserve Better is getting. Sure a little jail time is a good price to pay for the recognition she is getting. Now if she was just a regular chick with no reason other than caring for the dog, I may think she deserved some credit.
Chad The Grooveman

Wildwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

chip wrote:
People like you, need a gun, because you are Yella . How about a fistfight, Bloody knuckles, Bloody hands, MMA, Indian leg wrestling, Mercy, arm wrestling match, Knuckle quarters, or thumb wrestling. You type of guys always limit it to some kind of cheesy hillbilly way of using a gun. If you were any kind of man you would say something like If anyone steps on to my property uninvited, They will find them selves being challenged to a draw. Maybe challenge them to Russian Roulette, or a duel, Knife fight, or some type of Chicken. Involve yourself and stop being so yella!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Tyrone Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tyrone People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••