Catalytic converter may be behind blaze

The Quail Ridge Fire, which destroyed 13 homes in Silver Acres just south of Silver City and burned almost 2,000 acres, was started by a faulty catalytic converter from a vehicle, the state Forestry Division confirmed Wednesday evening. Full Story
Hate group

Silver City, NM

#1 Mar 10, 2011
Even Hate group loves the fire fighters.
Den-Mark

Ozark, MO

#2 Mar 11, 2011
Catalytic converters get VERY HOT. Most people, don't know this! Parking a hot car on DRY grass can very easily start a FIRE.
How---

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Mar 11, 2011
I'm so confused! The headline states the catalytic conv. "MAY BE THE CAUSE" then the first paragraph states "was caused by a faulty conv. the forestry division CONFIRMED" which is it????
and HOW? Catalytic converters don't come apart! There's no "pieces" to collect. It's ONE piece. They can only come apart with alot of force & it's contained within the exhaust system. This explanation does NOT make any sense.
Unless of course.....it wasn't the cause at all.
Oh Oh

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Mar 11, 2011
How--- wrote:
I'm so confused! The headline states the catalytic conv. "MAY BE THE CAUSE" then the first paragraph states "was caused by a faulty conv. the forestry division CONFIRMED" which is it????
and HOW? Catalytic converters don't come apart! There's no "pieces" to collect. It's ONE piece. They can only come apart with alot of force & it's contained within the exhaust system. This explanation does NOT make any sense.
Unless of course.....it wasn't the cause at all.
Only if you atr a fire investigator cam you comment, and that you are not...do not assume.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 min Eric 69,522
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Mon Insect Trust 32
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 22 SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
Tyrone Dating

more search filters

less search filters