Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72025 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72523 Apr 28, 2014
Hughbe who?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72524 Apr 28, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Who remembers age 4 anyhow?
Certainly not someone of your age. look to persons of Joel's age and you shall find many such persons.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72525 Apr 28, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
HUGH,
Come out, please.
Don't hide behind wifey's skimpy skirt.
She's got sexy legs, huh.
LOL.
Pretty face yes. Sexy legs no.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72526 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, Hugh, is that any way to be talking on the Day of the Resurrection? Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?
Eric---I figured it out...He(Hugh) likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!

HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.

Now take a look at the completed sentence below.

"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.

Eric---Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?

Hugh----My dear Eric, look at the context and understand that it was a joke. That aside I should not be lusting after women that I am not married to but fact is I do. Anyhow I am happy,in a normal way, to learn that you have an intelligent sister--a seed of Israel.

Finally, don't be jealousy you have Frijoles who will tickle you.

Much love, Mon.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72527 Apr 28, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Hughbe who?
Master.

Understand it is Master. and not Master Hughbe.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72528 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel----Ok, if you insist on citizenship and not on ethnic background as a criterion.
What I meant is that every year Asians settled in the US represent the US at the IMO, IPhO, IChO etc, whereas Whites are nowhere in the picture.
Eric---So, now you are a racist. These kids are not Asians settled in the US. They are Americans born here. They are Americans educated in American schools. How long do their families have to live here before you remove the stigma and they become just Americans?
Hugh---- Greetings to both of you. Now Eric please help me to understand the discussion by responding to the following---
1. What are you calling stigma?
2. Tell me how long must the families live there to be called "just Americans?
3. Do you call yourself American or you use the stigma of Jewish American?
4. Have you ever used the word African American of this forum? If so why the stigma?
1. What are you calling stigma?

Joel's use of White v. Asian.

2. Tell me how long must the families live there to be called "just Americans?

About 1 milli-second after being granted resident status.

3. Do you call yourself American or you use the stigma of Jewish American?

I have never referred to myself as a Jewish American. Two separate but equal concepts.

4. Have you ever used the word African American of this forum? If so why the stigma?

I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them. It is my way of respecting their wishes. When they wanted to be called Blacks, I called them Blacks. When they changed to African Americans, I called them African Americans. I respect their wishes.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72529 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---I figured it out...He(Hugh) likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!
HughBe---- Correct Eric but let me complete your thought by adding ---when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
"He/Hugh likes peanut butter because he can't get it up!" when I bend over BUT not when my sister does.
Eric---Should you be talking about lusting after another Christian to whom you are not married?
Hugh----My dear Eric, look at the context and understand that it was a joke. That aside I should not be lusting after women that I am not married to but fact is I do. Anyhow I am happy,in a normal way, to learn that you have an intelligent sister--a seed of Israel.
Finally, don't be jealousy you have Frijoles who will tickle you.
Much love, Mon.
Lusting over my sister is not a joke. Women deserve better. Especially on a day that they hold holy--The Day of the Resurrection. Keep your mind out of the sewer especially when referring to someone I love.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72530 Apr 28, 2014
Eric---Lusting over my sister is not a joke. Women deserve better. Especially on a day that they hold holy--The Day of the Resurrection. Keep your mind out of the sewer especially when referring to someone I love.

Hugh--- As I said before my reference to your sister was a JOKE. Let me explain it to you, there was no lusting after her.

The rest is noted and is useful.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72531 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Eric---Lusting over my sister is not a joke. Women deserve better. Especially on a day that they hold holy--The Day of the Resurrection. Keep your mind out of the sewer especially when referring to someone I love.
Hugh--- As I said before my reference to your sister was a JOKE. Let me explain it to you, there was no lusting after her.
The rest is noted and is useful.
When are men like you going to understand that women are not sex objects? It wasn't a joke because IT WASN'T FUNNY. Women deserve better.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72532 Apr 28, 2014
Hugh--- What are you calling stigma?

Eric---Joel's use of White v. Asian.

HughBe--- Are they the same concepts and what is the link to nationality/American?

Hugh--- Tell me how long must the families live there to be called "just Americans?

Eric---About 1 milli-second after being granted resident status.

HughBe--- I see. Useful.

Hugh--- Do you call yourself American or you use the stigma of Jewish American?

ERic---I have never referred to myself as a Jewish American. Two separate but equal concepts.

Hugh--- Asian or Chinese Americans will say that the concepts are separate but equal to them as well. You should OBSERVE how Chinese live in America and I am speaking about Chinese as a group irrespective of religious beliefs.

Hugh-- Have you ever used the word African American of this forum? If so why the stigma?

Eric----I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them.

Hugh--- I see, so why would the African Americans want to call themselves Africans? How long have they left Africa? Is it 100 years ago? Do they know where Africa is?
My last question is based on my understanding of a typical American knowledge of the world.

Eric--- It is my way of respecting their wishes. When they wanted to be called Blacks, I called them Blacks. When they changed to African Americans, I called them African Americans. I respect their wishes

HughBe--- Impressive. Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72533 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>When are men like you going to understand that women are not sex objects? It wasn't a joke because IT WASN'T FUNNY. Women deserve better.
Note, your sister was not the focus.Reread it again--see below.

Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72534 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Impressive. Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
I live here. I live in this area of our country. As I mentioned, one of the students went to the same high school where my son graduated. In fact, my son's roommate when he was a sophomore had parents who were born in PRC. They wished to be called Americans. But they honored the culture where they were born, just like other Americans before them honored the culture where they were born and where their families came from.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72535 Apr 28, 2014
Eric---When are men like you going to understand that women are not sex objects?

Hugh---- The question is, when are men like YOU going to understand that women ARE sex objects and MUCH more?

I shall pray that God will open your eyes to these truths.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72536 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

It breaks me up every time you reprint the above. It's so very very true!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72537 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I live here. I live in this area of our country. As I mentioned, one of the students went to the same high school where my son graduated. In fact, my son's roommate when he was a sophomore had parents who were born in PRC. They wished to be called Americans. But they honored the culture where they were born, just like other Americans before them honored the culture where they were born and where their families came from.
My question remains---Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?

Also since you use as your defence the argument that you live in "this area" meaning Illinois and thereby implying limited knowledge of elsewhere in America why then did you speak for the ENTIRE black population of America?

Recall "I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72538 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It breaks me up every time you reprint the above. It's so very very true!
It breaks me up every time you reprint the above. It's so very very true!

Hugh--- It must be true because you say that it is. Anyway I am glad to be of service as mentioned above.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72539 Apr 28, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I live here. I live in this area of our country. As I mentioned, one of the students went to the same high school where my son graduated. In fact, my son's roommate when he was a sophomore had parents who were born in PRC. They wished to be called Americans. But they honored the culture where they were born, just like other Americans before them honored the culture where they were born and where their families came from.
Please addresss-- I see, so why would the African Americans want to call themselves Africans? How long have they left Africa? Is it 100 years ago? Do they know where Africa is?
My last question is based on my understanding of a typical American knowledge of the world
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72540 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My question remains---Do Chinese want to be called Chinese Americans? Do Chinese who are now Americans object to being called Chinese?
Also since you use as your defence the argument that you live in "this area" meaning Illinois and thereby implying limited knowledge of elsewhere in America why then did you speak for the ENTIRE black population of America?
Recall "I use the word African American because it is the term that African Americans choose to use for themselves and request that other use when referring to them."
Hugh, go ask Jesse and then come back and fill us in as to what he said.

As to people of Chinese heritage, I told you that those that I know wish to be called American. The high school where one of the students went to school is within minutes of my house. I think I have more knowledge than you ever could have on the subject.

Which brings us to the question, why do you care? It appears that you disagree for the sake of disagreeing. You don't have to disagree simply because I say something. If you have actual facts to offer, offer them. I know the kids who go to one of the high schools in question as my son went there. Maybe, just maybe, I know what I am talking about. I know it's hard for you to fathom, but maybe it's true.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72541 Apr 28, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please addresss-- I see, so why would the African Americans want to call themselves Africans? How long have they left Africa? Is it 100 years ago? Do they know where Africa is?
My last question is based on my understanding of a typical American knowledge of the world
It's not for me to ask. They are entitled to be referred to as they wish and it's my duty to respect their wishes. Go ask Jesse and report back to us.

And, I don't think that the African Americans would relish your demeaning of their knowledge of the world. Maybe you should read up on Dr. Carver some more.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72542 Apr 28, 2014
bi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Apr 18 Don Barros Serrano 56
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr 16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) Apr 12 Random chavez 44
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Mar '16 Tony 623
News Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Feb '16 cupcake 30
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn (Mar '14) Feb '16 cupcake 3
News Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jan '16 Phillip 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tyrone Mortgages