Grant County has second highest unemp...

Grant County has second highest unemployment in state

There are 5 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Jul 10, 2009, titled Grant County has second highest unemployment in state. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Grant County has the second-highest unemployment rate in the state, behind only Luna County, according to Carrie Mortomo of New Mexico Workforce Solutions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

TPM

Silver City, NM

#1 Jul 10, 2009
Gee,
Yet we hear from many small businesses that they cannot get anyhelp. Thank you, welfare.
RUkiddingme

Las Vegas, NM

#2 Jul 10, 2009
The chamber of commerce should quit bulls#itting and get some wind power down there in silver city instead of kissing @ss to the mining companies and construction companies..... Silver Sux
An observer

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2009
RUkiddingme wrote:
The chamber of commerce should quit bulls#itting and get some wind power down there in silver city instead of kissing @ss to the mining companies and construction companies..... Silver Sux
Like Vegas is the poster child for economic development success? PULeeez! The one big plus factor for Vegas is I-25. Without government jobs (including the state mental hospital and NMHU), you guys have very little as far as an economic base to brag about.
RUKiddingme

Las Vegas, NM

#4 Jul 10, 2009
An observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Vegas is the poster child for economic development success? PULeeez! The one big plus factor for Vegas is I-25. Without government jobs (including the state mental hospital and NMHU), you guys have very little as far as an economic base to brag about.
all I am saying is the problem is self caused by a hand full of no talent @ss clowns like you
RUKiddingme

Las Vegas, NM

#5 Jul 10, 2009
An observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I am supprised though, for living in Magdalena you know how to wrtie...... I didn't even know they had electricity there much less internet out there....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... 38 min Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jun 13 Joel 72,030
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun 11 Tiger37 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May '16 CrookedHillary 57
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) May '16 operation greylord 45
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr '16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7

Tyrone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tyrone Mortgages