Mailer traced to museum director

Aug 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ruidoso News

An official with one of the local entities that could benefit financially if Ruidoso Downs voters next week approve a quality of life gross receipts tax was involved in the month ago mailing of a flyer urging voters to pass the tax.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BAHWAH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
If the track had left everyone in the county would have been hurt. Enough said.
Still bangin that old drum about the TRACK leaving? That argument won't work again. Hubbard and his tribe may pull out(you included) but the track will remain-it may become something else.....there are lots of ideas for it. It may become an honest business that brings in a diverse crowd that doesn't garner negative publicity in the most major newspaper in th US. Doubt if slimy creatures like Johnny Cope and Bill Richardson will hang around.....may bring in some real tourist dollars.
Really can't wait for all of you to leave the community so we can begin the clean up process.
Edumicated

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Sticks and Stones wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not throw stones at the citizens of the Downs if you do not live in the Downs. The voting turn out in the Great Village of Ruidoso (where I live also) is normally less than 20% on any matter, of any importance. The apathetic also reign supreme here in Ruidoso, if you have not noticed.
I happen to live in the Village limits as well. The voter turnout across the County is terrible. I am only referring this this election with about an 8% voter turnout. As long as we in the Village have to subsidize those in the Downs, I can speak. When they finally step up and become a responsible neighbor then I will stop my opinions.
Just In

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

BAHWAH wrote:
<quoted text>
Still bangin that old drum about the TRACK leaving? That argument won't work again. Hubbard and his tribe may pull out(you included) but the track will remain-it may become something else.....there are lots of ideas for it. It may become an honest business that brings in a diverse crowd that doesn't garner negative publicity in the most major newspaper in th US. Doubt if slimy creatures like Johnny Cope and Bill Richardson will hang around.....may bring in some real tourist dollars.
Really can't wait for all of you to leave the community so we can begin the clean up process.
I agree ,that old WHO song comes to mind" we won`t get fooled again "
Again

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Edumicated wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to live in the Village limits as well. The voter turnout across the County is terrible. I am only referring this this election with about an 8% voter turnout. As long as we in the Village have to subsidize those in the Downs, I can speak. When they finally step up and become a responsible neighbor then I will stop my opinions.
HOW does the Village subsidize those in the Downs????????? NOT HARDLY!
try it neighbor

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Edumicated wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to live in the Village limits as well. The voter turnout across the County is terrible. I am only referring this this election with about an 8% voter turnout. As long as we in the Village have to subsidize those in the Downs, I can speak. When they finally step up and become a responsible neighbor then I will stop my opinions.
you sound like your fire chief and his friend the council man who both like to throw the "public mud" at others but they cannot even take care of thier own affairs and responsibilities. no need to waste your energy on the downs. there are plenty of problems in Ruidoso that could use your attention. if you want good neighbors, you start by being a good neighbor and showing some class. big difference between having your own opinions and throwing mud at neighbors

“One day at a time”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Great points here.

I have always said that Ruidoso Downs is to Ruidoso what Mexico is to the United States.

Instead of stealing from the good citizens of this town, that fat man could have charged for parking at his empire of sin, but he refused to inconvenience the good gamblers and thugs. Likewise, the museum. Its an attraction because it's free. I could best compare it to the rest area between dallas and dunleavy.

Piss off.
Red

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

HermanofLC wrote:
Great points here.
Likewise, the museum. Its an attraction because it's free. I could best compare it to the rest area between dallas and dunleavy.
Piss off.
Obviously you've never been in the Hubbard Museum of the American West. First of all, the only people who ever got into the Museum for free were residents of Ruidoso Downs. Because the "City" of Ruidoso Downs has cut the monies that are supposed to support the Museum, the fee for Ruidoso Downs residents has been raised to $1.00. Secondly, if you had bothered to go to the Museum, you may have learned something about the history of New Mexico or you may have seen something that you had never seen before at your favorite rest area. Actually, you might actually enjoy the Museum. They have large, clean restrooms.

“One day at a time”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

Well obviously I would never patronize anything associated with the name Hubbard.

I would guess that if the museum was so great, it would be failing. Ironic, isn't it? Ruidoso Downs is a toxic drain on Ruidoso and the museum is a toxic drain on Ruidoso Downs.
Touche

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

....speaking of toxic drains...
Red

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

HermanofLC wrote:
Well obviously I would never patronize anything associated with the name Hubbard.
You do know that the only thing Hubbard-ish at the Museum is the name - right? He doesn't own it. Hasn't owned it for seven years or more. Gave more than a million dollars to the "City" to manage it. If you want to blame someone for the museum being named "Hubbard" or for having money problems, talk to the "City."

Whenever I go to the Hubbard Museum, I go to see the new exhibits. There's one there now that will knock you eyes out. If you do go and the exhibit knocks your eyes out, you won't be able to see the Hubbard name when you stumble out the front door.
I am Not from Around Here

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

HermanofLC wrote:
I would guess that if the museum was so great, it would be failing. Ironic, isn't it? Ruidoso Downs is a toxic drain on Ruidoso and the museum is a toxic drain on Ruidoso Downs.
Great image you created - toxic drain....wow! You should have saved it for a better occasion....maybe the upcoming Presidential election or your moving to Artesia - no offense meant to Artesia, of course.
PEW

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

HermanofLC wrote:
Well obviously I would never patronize anything associated with the name Hubbard....
That is because you despise him, huh?
Here is for everybody hoping you make up with the other person you despise. Their name is Bath, I believe.
Edumicated

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

try it neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound like your fire chief and his friend the council man who both like to throw the "public mud" at others but they cannot even take care of thier own affairs and responsibilities. no need to waste your energy on the downs. there are plenty of problems in Ruidoso that could use your attention. if you want good neighbors, you start by being a good neighbor and showing some class. big difference between having your own opinions and throwing mud at neighbors
The Downs pays less than their usage of the wastewater treatment plant, they pay less than their fair share for the 911 system, they pay less than their share for services provided by the Humane Society. How much further do you want me to go?

They don't provide services for the youth of their City, when a group opened the Boys & Girls Club they offered no support. Oh, they do have a park and skateboard park with no organized activities, except the drug deals that take place there. They have a higher percentage of residents clogging up the courts, they have a higher percentage of residents living off public assistance. Residents of the Downs have been found to be creating the majority of the graffiti.
henrietta awry

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

Edumicated wrote:
<quoted text>
The Downs pays less than their usage of the wastewater treatment plant, they pay less than their fair share for the 911 system, they pay less than their share for services provided by the Humane Society. How much further do you want me to go?
They don't provide services for the youth of their City, when a group opened the Boys & Girls Club they offered no support. Oh, they do have a park and skateboard park with no organized activities, except the drug deals that take place there. They have a higher percentage of residents clogging up the courts, they have a higher percentage of residents living off public assistance. Residents of the Downs have been found to be creating the majority of the graffiti.
Very interesting post. I wonder why the Downs people are so defensive when it seems that they don't have a leg to stand on.

“One day at a time”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

PEW wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you despise him, huh?
Here is for everybody hoping you make up with the other person you despise. Their name is Bath, I believe.
If people want to pop in in the middle of the work day unannounced, then whether or not someone is showered or not is really not up for discussion.

“One day at a time”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Edumicated wrote:
<quoted text>
This is correct. And now they are being led by this clown of a mayor. Never mind the race track is housed in the Downs. As is Walmart. Two contemptible businesses if ever there was one. The Downs people also have the majority of unliscened unneutured cats and dogs. They are a hideous people who need our love and support, except they are misers who will not part with the penny. So follow that money trail and figure out where your money in ruidoso downs is going. Boo to you Ruidoso Downs.

Build a wall.

Build that wall of iron, steel, shrapnell and ivory soap.

“One day at a time”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

BAHWAH wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it offensive as both a Scotsman and a Native American that you would refer to Hubbard "and his tribe".
Hubbard is anti tribe and he's as pasty and white as the days is long....."
Joe Statistic

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

The museum is 100% able to support and sustain itself.
*the end goal here wasn't money to support the museum but means to line one's pockets
The Resident

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

I have a question. The school children get to go on field trips to the Spencer Theater. I am sure they take financial advantage of that, which is smart. Why isn't the museum doing the same. And quiet possibly one or more of these children may grow up to be a financial supporter of the museum. Start with the children and the parents will follow. Wow what an idea. Get out of the box Director.
Musem

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

The Resident wrote:
I have a question. The school children get to go on field trips to the Spencer Theater. I am sure they take financial advantage of that, which is smart. Why isn't the museum doing the same. And quiet possibly one or more of these children may grow up to be a financial supporter of the museum. Start with the children and the parents will follow. Wow what an idea. Get out of the box Director.
What a concept!!!!!!!!!!guess that's why we have been doing that for almost 4 years now with a "scholarship" program that actually pays for the cost of the field trips to the Museum not only for local schools but schools from around the state. Las Cruces, Roswell. Elida and more have taken advantage of this progrqam.

Does this answer your question? Check the Museum websaite www.hubbardmuseum.org and you and educators from all over the state can print out the filed trip application.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Tyrone Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tyrone People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••