Mailer traced to museum director

Aug 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ruidoso News

An official with one of the local entities that could benefit financially if Ruidoso Downs voters next week approve a quality of life gross receipts tax was involved in the month ago mailing of a flyer urging voters to pass the tax.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of60
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Answer

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
If the City offered you a $250,000 a year retainer, wouldn't you want to be a Hubbard man too?
Only if I was not required to defend a rapist.
Fundraiser

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

wondering wrote:
Who is the director of the Museum Foundation, the totally separate 501c3 organization?
There is no director or paid employees. The Foundation is run by a volunteer board whose primary function is to put on the fundraiser.
outsider

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

CONGRATULATIONS Ruidoso Downs citizens - you have now voted to close the only attraction you have in your city worth seeing! It may limp along for a while, but the city has had no intention of keeping it cause they can't afford it, so it will close down eventually. What I want to know is if the 2 city employees who received HUGE raises because the museum "doubled their work-load" (that was their justification - public record)will now have to give up their "raises" because their load has decreased???
edumicated

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

What a poor turnout by a City where all the residents want to do is sit back and complain. You don't even have the time to vote. So the 150 or so that did show up decided that your quality of life is fine where it is.
It is not like the kids are getting into trouble with the law, they are not getting referred to Juvenile Probation and there are no drugs in your City.
The Downs quality of life project is to go to Ruidoso to steal and break into homes. The families can always go to the Village sponsored Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas in the Park and Parades. The Village needs to start checking ID's at the door and not let Downs residents participate. Charge the Downs residents more at the pool, etc.
Once again the Downs fails to pay its fair share. I feel bad for those Boys & Girls Club folks that showed up several times at council meetings as the carrot was kept just inches from their face.
Time to start a border fence here. Who is willing to help along the Ruidoso/Ruidoso Downs border?
Fundraiser

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

edumicated wrote:
What a poor turnout by a City where all the residents want to do is sit back and complain. You don't even have the time to vote. So the 150 or so that did show up decided that your quality of life is fine where it is.
It is not like the kids are getting into trouble with the law, they are not getting referred to Juvenile Probation and there are no drugs in your City.
The Downs quality of life project is to go to Ruidoso to steal and break into homes. The families can always go to the Village sponsored Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas in the Park and Parades. The Village needs to start checking ID's at the door and not let Downs residents participate. Charge the Downs residents more at the pool, etc.
Once again the Downs fails to pay its fair share. I feel bad for those Boys & Girls Club folks that showed up several times at council meetings as the carrot was kept just inches from their face.
Time to start a border fence here. Who is willing to help along the Ruidoso/Ruidoso Downs border?
Worst than that, 105 voted out of about 1400 registered voters. Ruidoso Downs, who would have been the clear beneficery of the BRT, also had the lowest vote totals of all the precincts in all of Lincoln County for that election. They have an embarrassment of a Mayor and Council, staff that doesn't get allow with either. Why do they exist?
Jake

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst than that, 105 voted out of about 1400 registered voters. Ruidoso Downs, who would have been the clear beneficery of the BRT, also had the lowest vote totals of all the precincts in all of Lincoln County for that election. They have an embarrassment of a Mayor and Council, staff that doesn't get allow with either. Why do they exist?
The Mayor is not the embarrassment, it's the City Council. Three juvenile delinquents have tied the Mayor's hands on everything he's tried to accomplish.
Sticks and Stones

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

edumicated wrote:
Do not throw stones at the citizens of the Downs if you do not live in the Downs. The voting turn out in the Great Village of Ruidoso (where I live also) is normally less than 20% on any matter, of any importance. The apathetic also reign supreme here in Ruidoso, if you have not noticed.
Wondering

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Fundraiser wrote:
<quoted text>
Who pray tell, if anyone, has benefited from the BRT other than Mr. Hubbard? Provide me one FACTUAL (again, an emphasis on FACTUAL)statement to indicate that anyone has benefitted, or the County has benefitted in any shape or form.
Fundraiser

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

If the track had left everyone in the county would have been hurt. Enough said.
Wondering

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
Back away from the Kool Aid. Still waiting on your FACTUAL response. Guess I will need to wait a very long while.
Little Stinker

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
Says you.
Jacob

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
Fundraiser, thank you so very much for saving us all from our doom. Yes, my life would just not be the same with out the track, Mr. Hubbard and all his wealthy associates...(cough, cough).

Wished my house would sell.
Fundraiser

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

So your intellectual response, after much deliberation, is that if the track left or no longer existed in Lincoln County, there would not be any negative impact, either on our economy, on local employment or on the gross receipt taxes collected by our local governments to pay for the services we want and need?
Bait

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
So your intellectual response, after much deliberation, is that if the track left or no longer existed in Lincoln County, there would not be any negative impact, either on our economy, on local employment or on the gross receipt taxes collected by our local governments to pay for the services we want and need?
You said that everyone would be hurt.
I dont know who has been blowing smoke up your back side. There would be some people impacted directly and indirectly but you seem to think that the world would end for those who live in this county. Sorry but those that live outside of Ruidoso and the Downs area aren't as prone to your views. There are those in the Ruidoso and the Downs to that are immune to the track also.
Jacob

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
i guess we will find out, will we not?

the tax will not pass when it comes up for vote again

we will see who in the hell fights back next time

HD can not even pay to have the toilets fixed tat the track, much less help everyone in Lincoln County.
Fundraiser

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Since Ruidoso and Ruidoso Downs represent 95% of the get collected in the county and 60%the of property tax collected, everyone would be impacted.

I'm going to listen to Mark Twain. He said' you cannot argue with stupid, you have to come down to their their level and you will then lose to their experience.' Bye
Bait

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
Since Ruidoso and Ruidoso Downs represent 95% of the get collected in the county and 60%the of property tax collected, everyone would be impacted.
I'm going to listen to Mark Twain. He said' you cannot argue with stupid, you have to come down to their their level and you will then lose to their experience.' Bye
Your absolutely right you cant fix stupid.
Maybe you have it backwards.
Just maybe Hub needs to pay all of us a special GRT to keep the services that he needs to keep his track open.
Bye

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
Bye Jim. Hope you are not upset.
Just In

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Another source of income would do the same thing without outside help.How about charging 2.00 to park in the parking lot.When I was a kid they had guys working in the bathroom for tips.The bathrooms were clean back then.Look what happened with the Dodgers in LA one family almost ruined the whole place( and the team )then finally other people bought the team and are turning things around.So if these Hubbards say they can`t make it just let them go and someone else will step in.
Tax Assessor

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Fundraiser wrote:
Get your facts straight. Call our tax assessor. Ruidoso and RD are 40% of the property tax, Alto area another 40% and the rest of the county 20%. And, of course, Ruidoso and RD collect most of the sales tax, that is where everyone shops in our county, except those who go to Alamo, Roswell........ They COLLECT the tax, but they don't PAY the tax, only their customers do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of60
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Tyrone Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tyrone People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••