BREAKING: Las Cruces man arrested on 2008 Grant County murder suspicion (10:17 a.m.)

Full story: Silver City Sun-News

A Las Cruces man has been charged with an open count of murder for allegedly killing a Grant County woman more than two years ago, according to court documents filed at Magistrate Court in Silver City Tuesday.
Comments
21 - 40 of 128 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2013
friend

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

I worked with Rachel, she would never have hurt anyone, she often talked about these people at work and how they were mentally a mess...I knew they were involved, i just cant believe it took this long! I mean right after her death they moved to LC and didnt even attend her funeral..i hope that sob gets what he deserves...and the wife what a monster..
ukm

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

there was some thing that they were hiding rachel and this man and his wife may be kind of deal that
they dont want to tell or his wife will go behind the bars to so i am just thinking not telling becaus i dont want any one to get hurt from my words.
Are you serious

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Sorry but I think that Chris Ponce deserves some credit on this whether anyone likes it or not..
CONCERNED PERSON

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

This guy claimes he took Rachel to mule creek to hide from some men that were going to get her but he left his wife and child at Rachels house. WHO WAS GOING TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE BAD MEN WHEN THEY GOT THERE FOR RACHEL COME ON STOP THE LIES.
sam

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

ukm wrote:
there was some thing that they were hiding rachel and this man and his wife may be kind of deal that
they dont want to tell or his wife will go behind the bars to so i am just thinking not telling becaus i dont want any one to get hurt from my words.
what are you talking about?
Amerika

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

The moral of this story is: Never accept a roommate/s without a through investigation of their background including criminal records checks, etc. There are companies that will do this for a fee. It's sheer lunacy and very foolish to accept strangers at their word nowadays! nuf said.
Brother of Rachel Sierra

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

I want to personally thank the GCSO and NMSP for all of their hard work, time, and effort that they are continuing to put forth with this investigation. They have done our family, Rachel's family, an awesome turn in these very important initial results.

To Carol Banegas, shame on you for your insulting description of my one and only lovely blood sister. Obviously, you have never suffered something so tragic, or you would have wheyed your words much more carefully. I hope you learn from this rebuke.
Bobbie Scoggin

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Thank God that the truth about sweet Rachel has come out. I hope her family soon gets the closure they well deserve, and MAY THAT COUPLE ROT IN HELL!!!
Greg

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Amerika wrote:
The moral of this story is: Never accept a roommate/s without a through investigation of their background including criminal records checks, etc. There are companies that will do this for a fee. It's sheer lunacy and very foolish to accept strangers at their word nowadays! nuf said.
victim knew hurley's wife for a long time, they were considered best buddies, or the only friend bernadette had, they knew each other from kingdom hall, when they used to go, and maybe far back to when they were little. so rachel knew hurley's wife and my guess trusted her fully. to be a victim of bernadettes lies and manipulations.
friend of Rachel

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Rachel was the most beautiful soul... inside and out.. thats why this is so tragic and sick. I know she worked her tail off and gave what she had to anyone in need. Carlos is just the devil in disguise, there is always one around.
tish

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

OH MY GOD. He had got to be kidding me. SELF DEFENSE? IT WAS AN ACCIDENT? Me and thousands of other people in Silver City knew Rachel and I can bet my life on it that she did none of the things he said. She would never have any hatred towards anybody, much less have a rifle or a rake in her vehicle. And it says she was shot in the back of the head. So how could that be self defense on the jerk's part. What, did she turn around with her back to him then shot him. What a stupid jerk. I hope they beat the crap out of him in jail and then I hope he gets life in prison and those guys in there make his life miserable.
I am so glad they caught him, that no good bastard.
what t f

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Are you serious wrote:
Sorry but I think that Chris Ponce deserves some credit on this whether anyone likes it or not..
Tell me what Chris did?? He is probably the only capable detective at the Sheriff dept. Unliked but Capable.
Jamie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

YAY! This is the best news I have heard in TWO years! Now if they dont let him go! funny how he was so concerned about Rachel...drove her out to Mule Creek to help her hide from some "bad guys". BS!this creep really cared about Rachel *eyes rolling*...I am sure that is why he stole money from her and didnt pay rent! The respect for Rachel is very evident.

God Bless you all! My prayers are with you Johnathan you are a good man, brother and son I am sure!
Jamie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Wow...Carol...that was the most disgusting post I have ever seen! You must be related...and probably just as evil as you buddy who killed her.

Rachel WAS beautiful inside and out. That is so mean! Who are YOU to make a judgment on a picture??? How bout you post your picture? If you are that ugly within you must be HIDEOUS on the outside too. You are a lowly, ignorant, insensitive piece of crap. What goes around comes around. Looks like you are due for some bad times.
Jamie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

ukm wrote:
Yeah...if you know something you dont have to share it here...but i think EVERYONE would really appreciate and encourage you to share it with law enforcement. What kind of abuse are the children of these creeps going through...It is time. No more BS coming or going across the table. Just think...you might help the kid!
Jamie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Carol Benagas wrote:
Allen Hurley, 25, allegedly shot and killed Rachel Torrisi Sierra on Dec. 6, 2008.
Hurly has an obvious defense. He had to be legally blind in order to have ever been involved with the homely Sierra. Whew.
Please, let's start a few dozen bake sales and organize a few enchilada dinners where Hurley can hire famed defense attorney Gary Mitchell of Ruidoso to defend himself against charges involving the obvious "being ugly" deceased.
Whew...at the photo of Sierra and the mere thought of anything else.
Wow...Carol...that was the most disgusting post I have ever seen! You must be related...and probably just as evil as you buddy who killed her.
Rachel WAS beautiful inside and out. That is so mean! Who are YOU to make a judgment on a picture??? How bout you post your picture? If you are that ugly within you must be HIDEOUS on the outside too. You are a lowly, ignorant, insensitive piece of crap. What goes around comes around. Looks like you are due for some bad times. 4502
Jamie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

If that Carol jerk thinks it is okay to murder someone by the way he/she (prolly wife) interprets the way they look..then you need to be interrogated and locked up.

Makes that Karma thing even more inevitable! Good luck you Jerk. Hope every piece of your life falls apart!

Sorry to be such a blog hog but that comment really pissed me off! I think it was the wife. I reported it and now it is gone.
Jamie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Brother of Rachel Sierra wrote:
I want to personally thank the GCSO and NMSP for all of their hard work, time, and effort that they are continuing to put forth with this investigation. They have done our family, Rachel's family, an awesome turn in these very important initial results.
To Carol Banegas, shame on you for your insulting description of my one and only lovely blood sister. Obviously, you have never suffered something so tragic, or you would have wheyed your words much more carefully. I hope you learn from this rebuke.
I think it was his wifey poo...or cousin or something...someone just as dangerous.
denise

Tombstone, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

hey carol put the pipe down and step away from the lighter... what a b**** comment to make! you must be high or just plain ignorant.. may you rot in hell just like the B**** who did it!
SPDET529

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Carol, we are checking for your IP address. We will be contacting you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Tyrone Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tyrone People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••