Body of Burned Teenager Identified

Body of Burned Teenager Identified

There are 420 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Sep 18, 2007, titled Body of Burned Teenager Identified. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

The body of a teenager who was found burned alongside a rural road in Clayton County earlier this month in Jonesboro was identified as Jennifer Lee Chambers, 17, of Jonesboro.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
cooper

Four Oaks, NC

#445 May 1, 2010
Thinking about her, so stopped by to show some love.
RIP Jenna
Sherry H

United States

#446 May 24, 2010
jenny wrote:
<quoted text> ugh ? are you so retarded that you didnt READ that in the paper ? who cares what she had , we are all only concered that she was killed and was set on fire,since you never knew jennifer , why are you here ? are YOU the killer ? was you there ? give me a brain dead?
So here we are almost 1/2 way through 2010 and still no one has been charged with Jennifers murder. Realy disturbing considering what she went through in her last moments.
Detective Rotella from what I understand has been removed from this case . I dont understand why. Rumor is he put too much into this case and was removed,I dont know or care why. What I do know is we need to keep this feed going and Alive. We Need Detective Rotella back on this case or atleast able to help in what he was so activly,lovingly and determined to solve.
So much has changed sence Jennifer was last here on this earth as far as she is concerned.I have a song on her myspace page by Kenny Chesnney.."who you'd be today" and everytime I hear that song it reminds me of why this page was set up.. I dont have the heart to change that song or even the graphics on it. I guess it does no good to do so anyways.. its almost as if she is gone in memory as well from the looks of things.
I still have a feeling the one person that was responding here to all the negative has many answers as to what happened. Is it eating at you by now? are you ready to talk? Someone you trust so much as to befriend them allows you to be killed and never helps..I just cant imagine what goes through your head or your dreams when you go to sleep.
As for Jennifers family... some never change..some are crazy as ever but some will never heal. I would like to think there are still decent people out there and help keep this page ALIVE. Jennifer may have done wrong at one time or another but think about the smiles she put on your face.She is owed your help so she can be at rest and her mother have a closing.
To Detective Rotella and your crew.. we need you back on this case. If there is anything I can do to help out ,and your still wanting to help...please please please let me know.
God Bless.
RIP JENNIFER still a memory but always in our hearts.
Ria Coesel

Woodstock, GA

#447 May 27, 2010
Hi Sherry, this is Ria, Anke's mom.
I'm rereading all this because I received a google alert for burned murder victims - I've set my computer to several 'alerts' and 'burned murder victim' is one of them.
I'm appalled by all those who talk about the 'lifestyle'- why do they have to do that?
Quite frankly I don't really care what kind of 'lifestyle' someone leads - NOBODY deserves to die the way Jennifer (and my daughter Anke) died.
I'm sorry to hear that det. Rotella has been taken off the case. It's the same with my det. he was taken off the case and is now working with the Cold Case team - Gwinnett County has way too many 'cold cases' and now two dets. are working on those.
Ankes case has been declared 'cold' since mid 2006 - which is rediculous, not even one year after her murder. It may never be a 'closed' case - because a 'closed' case means that someone is arrested and locked up after court procedures. It's unbearable, but I really think Ankes case will never be solved. All this because whoever knew/heard/saw something is afraid to talk and just wants to save his/her own life.
Is Jennifers case 'cold' as well??
Was anybody present when Jennifer was murdered??
If so, visit www.friendsdontletfriendsdie.com - you can find me there as well.
Hugs from my side of the screen.
Ria - mom of Anke Furber.
lacy s

Buford, GA

#448 May 21, 2013
Thinking of you Jenna!!!! Love and miss you!
close friend

Concord, NC

#449 Jul 4, 2013
REALLY TICKED OFF wrote:
A Close Friend, why in the **** didn't you do something?
Yessiree Bob, he smelled the odor and investigated it.
REALLY ???? let me ask YOU the same stupid question !!! why didn't YOU do something to stop it ? where do people like you come from ? i think if anyone had of been around when it all took place - they would have done SOMETHING to stop it all , oh wait , Jennifer's best friend was there but chose to do NOTHING !! why don't you ask HER why she didn't try to stop it ?and some friend she was , running off with the murderer !!! to Mexico .
lacy s

Lithonia, GA

#450 Sep 13, 2013
I can't believe its been 6 years! Miss you Jenna!
Jennifers Friend

Statesville, NC

#451 Dec 14, 2013
SMS wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem to know so much about this girl and her life, why don't you assist in solving this case with the state authorities. OR do you know too much and could be involved in her death?
thats real funny sickO !!!! they KNOW who they are looking for , it's a matter of getting them out of Mexico ,,,,,,, and for your info , i have been involved from day one assisting thank you very much smart#$#$@@%^&
Jennifers Friend

Statesville, NC

#452 Dec 14, 2013
cooper wrote:
Thinking about her, so stopped by to show some love.
RIP Jenna
Thank You so much for thinking about Jennifer. I don't think anyone will ever rest until they have her KillerS behind bars .such a senseless thing to happen to such a sweet and beautiful young lady.RIP Jennifer , we are all still thinking about you and missing you.
Latonya Hill

United States

#453 Mar 12, 2014
Miss You Jenna
lerah batton

Griffin, GA

#454 Apr 8, 2014
Missing you Jenna. I was thinking bout you heavy today. I did it kinda big on my birthday for us. I know you seen that big booty bitch dance for us... she was right huh? Kids Bella and grandpa. I miss and love you. Imma stay blunted just for you.
sad for jennifer

Statesville, NC

#455 Apr 15, 2014
to all the people who think more could have been done for Jennifer by the clayton county detective that first took over the case ? i wish you could tell me what more YOU could have done !! that detective took this case personal and went out on the limb for Jennifer's family so they can have closeure !!!! he went far above his call of duty so you can stop with your stupid comments . Jennifer was a beautiful teen who loved life and a big heart .
the police knows that the killer is in Mexico but they can NOT touch the guy across the boarder BUT he will make the mistake of coming back and he WILL be caught . it is what it is and NOBODY can fix it !
Jennifer's family loved her deeply and the mean - know it all comments should stop !!
why upset her family more than they already are ?
sad for jennifer

Statesville, NC

#456 Apr 15, 2014
a close friend wrote:
<quoted text>how dare you to say such a thing - i have spoken to the police on a daily basis and i am so very hurt for jennifer and for her family - i live in a whole nother state - i took care of jennifre for several years - she was like my own child, and for your info - it has turned out that this is a serial killer on the loose - maybe we should look into YOUR where abouts on sept. 5th??????
NO ...... it was her mexican boyfriend and Jennifers best friend and they have BOTH fled to mexico and the detectives already know about it. so you can look into anybodys past
sad for jennifer

Statesville, NC

#457 Apr 15, 2014
Sherry H wrote:
<quoted text>
So here we are almost 1/2 way through 2010 and still no one has been charged with Jennifers murder. Realy disturbing considering what she went through in her last moments.
Detective Rotella from what I understand has been removed from this case . I dont understand why. Rumor is he put too much into this case and was removed,I dont know or care why. What I do know is we need to keep this feed going and Alive. We Need Detective Rotella back on this case or atleast able to help in what he was so activly,lovingly and determined to solve.
So much has changed sence Jennifer was last here on this earth as far as she is concerned.I have a song on her myspace page by Kenny Chesnney.."who you'd be today" and everytime I hear that song it reminds me of why this page was set up.. I dont have the heart to change that song or even the graphics on it. I guess it does no good to do so anyways.. its almost as if she is gone in memory as well from the looks of things.
I still have a feeling the one person that was responding here to all the negative has many answers as to what happened. Is it eating at you by now? are you ready to talk? Someone you trust so much as to befriend them allows you to be killed and never helps..I just cant imagine what goes through your head or your dreams when you go to sleep.
As for Jennifers family... some never change..some are crazy as ever but some will never heal. I would like to think there are still decent people out there and help keep this page ALIVE. Jennifer may have done wrong at one time or another but think about the smiles she put on your face.She is owed your help so she can be at rest and her mother have a closing.
To Detective Rotella and your crew.. we need you back on this case. If there is anything I can do to help out ,and your still wanting to help...please please please let me know.
God Bless.
RIP JENNIFER still a memory but always in our hearts.
Sherry H ? i just listened to that song and it made me weep with Jennifer's face in my miind. i miss her ! people can and will say some mean things when they think they are better than others. some people don't get to choose who they are or what they have to do to just get by in life. thats all Jennifer wanted is to just get by in life without any trouble. she was beautiful . at first i was mad at her mom for they way jennifer got killed but now she's dead to and she didn't plan to be murdered that night. i wish people would show Jennifer's family some respect and stop saying bad things, that's what jennifer would have wanted. thank you Sherry H for all the kind words you have said to make people stop and just think about what they are saying. Jennifer AND her family is just as good as the next person ......shit happens sometimes and Lord how i HATE the was Jennife had to exit this world . i want to keep thinking that one day Jennifer will lead the detectives to her killer . i pray for her family as some of them are very dear to me. thank you for being Jennifer's voice when no one else would.
ICE

Lawrenceville, GA

#458 Apr 15, 2014
sad for jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ...... it was her mexican boyfriend and Jennifers best friend and they have BOTH fled to mexico and the detectives already know about it. so you can look into anybodys past
Confirmed, assailant is an illegal alien and has fled the country. Will be easier extraditing American citizen if he does not get rid of her first. She made a grave mistake by leaving the country with him. May justice be served.
jessica r

United States

#459 May 21, 2014
You crossed my mind today like you have do many times since we were 12yrs old. I can't believe its been 7yrs. I miss your sweet face so much. I wish there was something I could have done to save you from the tragic end you suffered. I love you baby girl. Rest in paradise
monica

Fayetteville, GA

#460 Jun 20, 2014
aaa wrote:
ANOTHER BAD AREA, ANOTHER HORRIBLE CRIME..TOO BAD, I FEEL FOR THE PARENTS
Umm..did you not read this forum....she did not have real parents...they are probably too doped up to even realize she is gone!!! May Jennifer rest in peace!!
Kathy

Memphis, TN

#461 Dec 14, 2014
How strange that the name (Jennifer Chambers) of the young girl in Georgia that died as a result of being assaulted and burned in a car is the SAME NAME of a young lady in N. Mississippi who ALSO WAS SET AFIRE IN HER VEHICLE !!!

Sweepyface

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#462 Jul 18, 2015
Kathy wrote:
How strange that the name (Jennifer Chambers) of the young girl in Georgia that died as a result of being assaulted and burned in a car is the SAME NAME of a young lady in N. Mississippi who ALSO WAS SET AFIRE IN HER VEHICLE !!!
The girl from Mississippi was Jessica Chambers.
Resident

United States

#463 Jul 19, 2015
Anyone with psychological, drug, alcohol issues will be harrast by the police. These people are prime targets for arrest and mistreatment. They dill spaces in jail that would otherwise be empty. Most police are only interested in arresting their quota and are about as damaging to lives as pimps and drug dealers.

Sweepyface

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#464 Jul 19, 2015
Still seeking Justice for Jessica!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add.ys.xana.x bl.ack,rox.y bL.ues.etc Apr 7 Legit plug 1
News Newnan man dead after Thursday shootout (Feb '07) Apr 6 Jason 8
The Freedom Foundation in Peachtree City (Nov '09) Apr 5 Fuzzett 111
union city hookup, opi@tes,b@rs,bl@ck,t@r Mar '18 reason4it 1
Good in bed Mar '18 Vondell Jefferson 2
pos Mar '18 Friendofafriend 1
Jessie Goree Mar '18 Rhonda 1

Tyrone Jobs

Personal Finance

Tyrone Mortgages