Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clayton County Jail

Inmates at the Clayton County Jail have complained that when Sheriff Victor Hill walks through the jail they have to stop what they're doing, turn away from him and stand at attention. Full Story
CTM

Lagrange, GA

#24 Jul 7, 2009
you are all hateful people. lets remember, this is a county jail, not a federal prison. nobody deserves to be treated that way.
kgs

Forest Park, GA

#25 Jul 7, 2009
KGS,
Yes thatís me.
I see that someone has gotten a little angry about the comments I made about the Clayton County Detention Center, ops!!!!!! Iím Sorry, no; really Iím not because it is all true and sometimes you should trust what people have to say; even a so call criminalÖÖ.
The fact of the matter is Iím an inmate her along with others whom deserve to be treated like a human being regards of their crime. You are right about one thing, neither they nor you put us here; then they or you should decide how we should be treated while here. You say I committed a crime, this is why Iím here, then how do you know that this type of inhuman treatment will not cause one to commit another crime once released. I believe this is why so many brothers end up coming back, because they have not been rehabilitated; but humiliated while incarcerated and just canít cope with society. I think Iím a smart and intelligent Human Being, whom has made bad choices, but Iím not a fool, I have learned from my mistakes; I WILL NOT COME BACK HERE once released. When I speak about this place, I speak for the ones whom are here, ones whom have left here, ones whom have come back here, and the ones whom have never been here, donít come here. Make better choices, because you will be prejudge as a monster and mistreated, regardless of your crime; petty, violent, or non violent. Enough of all the liberal stuff, letís get back to the reason why Iím here.

06/08/2009
Clayton County Detention Center Dietary Meals

Monday:
Breakfast----1 scoop of oatmeal
1 scoop of scallop potatoes
1 oatmeal cookie
1 Cup of coffee
Lunch- chicken patty, yummy right!!!!!! Now thatís the joke for the day.
1 peanut butter granola bar
A cabbage salad (out dated), who do I know, because it was brown; and it had not
been cooked---trust me!
Dinner- now this is going to be very easy because this nice hot meal is the same everyday
except the fruit, we will have an apple or an orange
Sack Dinner; which consist of
4 slice of bread
4 pieces of bologna
2 packs of mustard
1 pack of kool-aid
1 apple

Tuesday:
Breakfast-1 spoon watery grits
half spoon or sausage gravy
2 slice of wheat bread

Lunch-1 spoon of rice w/ black eye peas
1 sausage dog
cabbage salad (out dated)
1 peanut butter bar

Dinner- 4 slice of bread
4 pieces of bologna
2 packs of mustard
1 pack of kool-aid
1 apple

One may ask, why or they starving us here? Maybe they or keeping us from eating there food so that we can spend more money on commissary; and we all know who that money goes to, Clayton Count. What do you think?
Chelsea

Covington, GA

#26 Aug 10, 2009
BUILD GRAVES wrote:
screw jail cells, startin puttin them in the ground
Everyday people break the law im sure you have in one way or another... those people just got caught...obviosly your just like Victor Hill you think your God... to make a judgement like that is ignorant...
Chelsea

Covington, GA

#27 Aug 10, 2009
kgs wrote:
KGS,
Yes thatís me.
I see that someone has gotten a little angry about the comments I made about the Clayton County Detention Center, ops!!!!!! Iím Sorry, no; really Iím not because it is all true and sometimes you should trust what people have to say; even a so call criminalÖÖ.
The fact of the matter is Iím an inmate her along with others whom deserve to be treated like a human being regards of their crime. You are right about one thing, neither they nor you put us here; then they or you should decide how we should be treated while here. You say I committed a crime, this is why Iím here, then how do you know that this type of inhuman treatment will not cause one to commit another crime once released. I believe this is why so many brothers end up coming back, because they have not been rehabilitated; but humiliated while incarcerated and just canít cope with society. I think Iím a smart and intelligent Human Being, whom has made bad choices, but Iím not a fool, I have learned from my mistakes; I WILL NOT COME BACK HERE once released. When I speak about this place, I speak for the ones whom are here, ones whom have left here, ones whom have come back here, and the ones whom have never been here, donít come here. Make better choices, because you will be prejudge as a monster and mistreated, regardless of your crime; petty, violent, or non violent. Enough of all the liberal stuff, letís get back to the reason why Iím here.
06/08/2009
Monday:
Breakfast----1 scoop of oatmeal
1 scoop of scallop potatoes
1 oatmeal cookie
1 Cup of coffee
Lunch- chicken patty, yummy right!!!!!! Now thatís the joke for the day.
1 peanut butter granola bar
A cabbage salad (out dated), who do I know, because it was brown; and it had not
been cooked---trust me!
Dinner- now this is going to be very easy because this nice hot meal is the same everyday
except the fruit, we will have an apple or an orange
Sack Dinner; which consist of
4 slice of bread
4 pieces of bologna
2 packs of mustard
1 pack of kool-aid
1 apple
Tuesday:
Breakfast-1 spoon watery grits
half spoon or sausage gravy
2 slice of wheat bread
Lunch-1 spoon of rice w/ black eye peas
1 sausage dog
cabbage salad (out dated)
1 peanut butter bar
Dinner- 4 slice of bread
4 pieces of bologna
2 packs of mustard
1 pack of kool-aid
1 apple
One may ask, why or they starving us here? Maybe they or keeping us from eating there food so that we can spend more money on commissary; and we all know who that money goes to, Clayton Count. What do you think?
Thank you for posting this... the way they treat the inmates in clayton co jail is rediculous ... I've never been incarserated but my fiance is in clayton co jail and the conditions are inhumane ... and yes he commited a crime but he deserves to be treated like a humanbeing hes a good person and everyone who is judging "crimanals" needs to think they're one thereselfs they just might not have been cought !!!
Chelsea

Covington, GA

#28 Aug 10, 2009
Clayton co cop wrote:
I know a lot of enforcement officals in clayton. They are doing what they can to make it a better place. The judical system is the problem. They seem to have a big ego in putting people in jail & keeping them there. I'm guessing money & control is the real reason behind most of this.
The correctional officers in clayton county jail need to do there job the inmates are on 20 hr lockdown and 23hrs on saturdays because they dont want to there job... i went and visited my fiance today and the officer was asleep in the tower...if they could just wake up and think about what it might feel like to be cagged like ananimal they might let the inmates out for more than four hours a day ... what are we paying them for to lock our loved ones up and throw away the key !!!
Amber

Greenbrier, AR

#29 Aug 11, 2009
im a 17 year old female. i got put in jail and charged as an adult bc my friend's 42yr old mom used my cell phone to do illegal shit and i didnt know what was going on! Just bc someone gets put in jail doesnt mean they did it. i thought america was innocent until proven guilty? NO! its guilty til proven innocent. fuck all you people who think just bc someone is in jail means they deserve to die or get put in the ground. you dont know the situation or them. what if it was your daughter, or sister, or brother, or relative in there for something so small that they didnt even do? im sure you'd be bitching too. in my town, people have been arrested and thrown in jail for a cracked windshield. yes. i kid you not. thats how ridiculous it is here. so shut the fuck up and grow up. everyone is human. we ALL make mistakes. no one is perfect, and you do mess up alot in your lifetime. some of you are just lucky enough not to get caught.
Amber

Greenbrier, AR

#30 Aug 11, 2009
and i was locked down 24 hours of the day. we didnt get to go outside, or anything. i stayed in one 6 by 15 cell with 4 other people. the toilet leaked also. so half the cell would get water in it and we'd have to mop. when we would ask for a mop, sometimes we didnt even get one. the guards thought it was funny. when they would turn the phone on for us to use, a couple of them would sit there and wait til you started to talk, and turn the phone off on you and laugh. it costs 2.49 to connect and 99 cents for every minute. im sure if it was your relative calling you on collect using your money just to get disconnected right away you would get upset too.

they're suppose to take your belt and any other object from you when they first put you in the holding cell. the co that checked me in purposally didnt take my belt in hopes i'd try to do something to myself with it. since i have never been in jail before, i didnt know this at the time that they were suppose to. that night i got woke up in the middle of the night getting screamed at and saying i was gonna get charged with "contraband" for having my belt still and then took it from me. i told the co that i didnt know we werent suppose to have it and that the other co didnt take it from me or say anything about it. well that next day i got in trouble for of still having my belt bc that co denied knowing i had it on. wtf? the fucker frisked me overboard, and groped my grotch completely. he is a male. i am a 17yr old female. he copped one to many feels. he completely grabbed my crotch 5 times while he frisked me.

and once again, i didnt even do anything! i was being charged as an adult for something a friend's mom did on my phone that i had no idea was going on.
What a loser

Jonesboro, GA

#31 Aug 12, 2009
Dman10 wrote:
<quoted text>You're in California, Land of the Wacko. I should have guessed. This is a great piece of liturature you have here. I gave you the answer in a earlier reply. Let these fine upstanding citizens be useful and help train the next crop of police dogs. We all benefit, The Dogs get trained and the convicts get exercise. Oh, and also your tax dollars are hard at work with all the training that is going on...
you are a fucking joke, dude, and I believe you know it. feeding people to attack dogs? What bizarre, crazy fantasy world do you live in? Not everybody deserves the treatment they are dishing out up there at that jail, and then you come out of left field with some generic stupidity like "California, Land of the Whackos". Have you ever even been to California? Hell, have you ever been west of Montgomery? Do you even read? What rubbish.
rich man poor man

Fitzgerald, GA

#32 Aug 19, 2009
is there an inmate in there by the name of kenneth moncrief? I hope he's in there.....or has he ever been in there?
mad max

Jonesboro, GA

#34 Sep 27, 2009
i was in that awful place for two weeks and one day.i was falsley acused and locked up.and they are right ccdc is a inhumane place never want to go there again,i now have a lawyer, fixing to be some lawsuits filed..
OMG

Alpharetta, GA

#35 Nov 12, 2009
I just got a call from Clayton co jail. My man's brother used his name and got his liscense suspended! He is hard working and pays his bills! He cant call anyone to inform them he's in jail because you have to start a 50.00 acct to get a call!(He tried to call but it wouldn't go through)

That's crazy! I was going to wait till a.m. to see what gives....but after hearing all this! I am on my way to bail him RIGHT NOW!!!!
Peace
Karen

Decatur, IL

#36 Dec 19, 2009
RONIN wrote:
If you can't do the time don't do the crime! I say send them all to a third world jail and see how much they complain.
Jail is not prison - "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!" Ever hear of a crooked cop? Our area has quite a few - murder and child molestation are a few of their crimes! These are the type of men guarding my loved one. GET A CLUE!
Simpilcity4dnb

Ellenwood, GA

#37 Mar 8, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are in jail, how are you able to use a computer? It sure Doesn't sound as bad as you try to make it sound ! Besides, YOU put your own self in there, right?? I don't know what you are in there for, but obviously you must have done something to be in there. If you do the crime you must pay the time!!!! Don't feel sorry for any of you not one bit! Maybe when you get out you can act like a responsible adult?? Ya think?
It's comments like this and others that I have read that are really frightening me. You guys have got to get some empathy for people. I'm tried of the old cop out being used "you put yourself there" so why should you care right? WRONG!!!! You also need to use your head. There are NO computers in any jail or prison that I know of, so, the person whose posted the comment had someone on the outside with a computer post it. We are all taught that what ever bad we do in life there is a punishment but when u get into dogging people out because they did wrong that's problem for me. I don't want people in jail or prison getting mistreated. I don't want them to come home mad and kill my family. That's the ponit u and others are missing. How is making a person be in a ceil for 18 hours a day helping society? Some of you can't even handle working in an office for 8 hours a day so how can you think it's O.K to lock someone up for 18 hours? We would get mad at someone if they treated a dog or a cat like that but it's O.K to treated someone in jail or prison like that. How is no programs in jail or prison that really rehabilate inmates REALLY helping socity? How is putting people in jail helping our society? All these so-called "tough on crime" laws and politicians have not help society to me, I think things are worst.
This is Crazy

Forest Park, GA

#38 Mar 23, 2010
My fiance was arrested a few months ago for driving on a suspended license. He got probation for that. He missed ONE appointment with his PO because he was working. He even called the PO and thought he had worked it out with her. But apparently they issued a warrant for his arrest, and this past weekend (Saturday afternoon at about 5pm) they came to our home and took him to jail. He cannot be bailed out. He has to stay in there until his hearing on Friday, at which point he may or may not be able to get out. All of this for a suspended license?! That is INSANE to me. I've heard of people who robbed a grocery store and did less time. He has NEVER been in trouble before. He's not a thug or junkie. He's a hardworking, middle class family man.
I'm praying that conditions have improved since some of these posts were written, but I'm afraid they haven't. I'm also pretty pissed off that our tax dollars are being used to lock up people for traffic violations. RIDICULOUS.

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 10

Jacksonville, FL

#39 Mar 23, 2010
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jail is not prison - "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!" Ever hear of a crooked cop? Our area has quite a few - murder and child molestation are a few of their crimes! These are the type of men guarding my loved one. GET A CLUE!
Boo hoo. Its always the cops fault right?

Tell your "loved one" to stop being a low life, stay out of jail in the first place and he wont have that problem.
dmc

Lithia Springs, GA

#40 Jun 15, 2010
I spoke with someone at the jail today, he said clayton cty locks up lots of people for stupid stuff including not wearing your seatbelt. He said that is a 50 dollar ticket but 10000 dollars to bond out. I am pretty sure they do have computers in the library.
you know it

United States

#41 Jun 16, 2010
Sinister Oculus wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo hoo. Its always the cops fault right?
Tell your "loved one" to stop being a low life, stay out of jail in the first place and he wont have that problem.
Im sure the people that are being treated like sh*t in there, are wanting to get out, bend you over, and ride you really hard, and put you up wet!! yea, that sounds about right!!
lie

United States

#42 Jun 16, 2010
RONIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor baby, did you stop to think what the soldiers are putting up with in Iraq? We showered once in a week and were greatful. Sometimes we wouldn't get anything to eat for 2-3 days. Mail no there is a joke. We slept in tents in 120 degree heat in the day and 50 degress at night. Then we had to do our job on top of that. So get off your pitty potty and grow up!
so untrue, my son just did his 2nd tour, he got mail, a shower every night, ate 3 times a day, played his video games, and got on his computer, he said this what you just wrote is a bunch of bull shit!! you must be lying about being in Iraq, since you dont know anything about it!! grow up!!
Leigh

Athens, GA

#43 Jun 17, 2010
Bring back the days of the chain gang and I think we wouldn't have so many repeat offenders. Obviously jail isn't too bad bacause so many people keep wanting to go back!

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 10

Jacksonville, FL

#45 Jun 18, 2010
you know it wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure the people that are being treated like sh*t in there, are wanting to get out, bend you over, and ride you really hard, and put you up wet!! yea, that sounds about right!!
Sounds like you're all in support of f ag, h omo rapists that need to be locked up.

Well, if you like them so much get yourself thrown in jail with them.
Just leave me out of your prison rape fantasy.

If you don't like jail don't be a lowlife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Worldclass Child Care (Jul '11) Jan 20 Ms Hill 5
Considering Relocation to Peachtree City- need ... Jan 10 concernedcitizen 3
looking for dad (Jun '13) Jan 9 tonya conkwright 2
Girls Softball Jan 9 Ptcgsa 1
Producer Ryan Snow...Narcissistic Predator Jan 8 Flat top 2
Peachtree City, GA Police Chief William McCollu... Jan 7 Anonymous 1
GA: Clayton Transit Vote Brings Hope, Confusion (Apr '14) Dec 31 hud 2

Tyrone News Video

Tyrone Dating
Find my Match