Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clayton County Jail

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

Inmates at the Clayton County Jail have complained that when Sheriff Victor Hill walks through the jail they have to stop what they're doing, turn away from him and stand at attention.
Comments
1 - 20 of 76 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 15
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MorkFromOrk

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Judged:

Poor little wussies in jail. You have the sympathy of my pet squirrel, but that's about it.
Biff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Judged:

Hey Mork - I knew you were a nut case. Pet squirrel eh?
daniel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

screw him (the sheriff) who does he think he is ? Why do he needthem to turn away is he scared or just ashamed he might see his son there?
Betty Cooper

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Judged:

I also have heard the same complaints.Iam on social security and have put money on my sons books to buy things he needs from the store for it to be thrown in a pile with ever bodys to search for chicken bones and co's stand and laugh at them trying to get there stuff so needless to say the family has to replace there things they are not getting excersise i'm speaking for all inmates they are being treated inhumane
cissy

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

Judged:

For those of you who think these inmates deserve to be treated this way
you are no different from victor hill.
I heard once that over 90% of inmates there are for drug charges this is not what they need there is no rehabilitation no help whatsoever. Beating,belittling them,starving them so they will have to spend more at the store, this week my husband was only allowed one shower thats inhumane.I will send him mail he does not recieve it for three or four days.
southga

Thomasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Judged:

Your in Jail! Period.
RONIN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Judged:

If you can't do the time don't do the crime! I say send them all to a third world jail and see how much they complain.

“The Head Ape in Charge”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Judged:

cissy wrote:
I heard once that over 90% of inmates there are for drug charges this is not what they need there is no rehabilitation no help whatsoever. Beating,belittling them,starving them so they will have to spend more at the store, this week my husband was only allowed one shower thats inhumane.I will send him mail he does not recieve it for three or four days.
They are in JAIL YOU MORON!!!! I think they should use them to train new police dogs. No padding. Just put them in the yard and see if they can beat Spot to the fence. If they out run Spot they are free if not they are a dog toy for a while. This would be great exercise for them. Also what the hell I say they should all recieve 2 slices of bread and a bottle of water being the food is so bad.
RONIN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Judged:

cissy wrote:
Oh poor baby, did you stop to think what the soldiers are putting up with in Iraq? We showered once in a week and were greatful. Sometimes we wouldn't get anything to eat for 2-3 days. Mail no there is a joke. We slept in tents in 120 degree heat in the day and 50 degress at night. Then we had to do our job on top of that. So get off your pitty potty and grow up!
Jerzeegirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Judged:

What is the purpose of having a constitition if we are not going to follow it, and how about the punishment should fit the crime. I am not saying they do not deserve to be in jail for committing a crime however, we need to look at the fact our tax dollars are paying for this and if they are not getting the things OUR TAX DOLLARS are paying for then what does our tax dollars really pay for, yes, there does need to be an investigation. Sure they should be punished for their crimes, but they are not animals, slavery is over (I Hope) and correct in other countries they do not even lock you up if you do any certain crime like steal they cut your hand off, yes be grateful and I believe they are, people can and do change I pray they are all learning their lessons to get out to be responsible, productive members of society, but we must keep in mind we are paying these C.O.'s salaries and for these inmates to be there. I don't know about you but I want to see how my tax dollars are being spent.??? Just a thought.

“The Head Ape in Charge”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Jerzeegirl wrote:
What is the purpose of having a constitition if we are not going to follow it, and how about the punishment should fit the crime. I am not saying they do not deserve to be in jail for committing a crime however, we need to look at the fact our tax dollars are paying for this and if they are not getting the things OUR TAX DOLLARS are paying for then what does our tax dollars really pay for, yes, there does need to be an investigation. Sure they should be punished for their crimes, but they are not animals, slavery is over (I Hope) and correct in other countries they do not even lock you up if you do any certain crime like steal they cut your hand off, yes be grateful and I believe they are, people can and do change I pray they are all learning their lessons to get out to be responsible, productive members of society, but we must keep in mind we are paying these C.O.'s salaries and for these inmates to be there. I don't know about you but I want to see how my tax dollars are being spent.??? Just a thought.
You're in California, Land of the Wacko. I should have guessed. This is a great piece of liturature you have here. I gave you the answer in a earlier reply. Let these fine upstanding citizens be useful and help train the next crop of police dogs. We all benefit, The Dogs get trained and the convicts get exercise. Oh, and also your tax dollars are hard at work with all the training that is going on...

“The Head Ape in Charge”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, and just so you know I misspelled Literature on purpose. If you look close enough you can almost see Manure in the way I spelled it.
kayla

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Judged:

My brother was in jail for a DUI and he had to do that shit. Come on now, Victor Hill is not GOD! I saw him in person and he is like 5 feet tall. He has little man syndrome. hehehehe
BUILD GRAVES

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

screw jail cells, startin puttin them in the ground
Howard23

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

Recently I was arrested for something incredibly stupid that I should have only recieved either a ticket or a warning for. But instead I was arrested and taken to jail. I have NEVER in my life been arrested for anything. During the 4DAYS they detained me I reliezed that most of the people in there are there for something incerdibly small such as traffic tickets. There are very few poeple in clayton county jail that have done something that warrants them being there. How can you say don't do the crime if you can't do the time? get too many tickets and get arrested. Wait til something happens and you get locked up for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. We'll see how you like it in there. Can you deal with being on 24 hour lockdown like you are a murder or a rapist? I don't think so. The police in clayton county are eager to arrest any and everybody they can get their hands on. I hope for any of the people who have not expressed any concern for this to never have to experience what I experienced. Its like a maximun security prison in there. So I hope that if you commit a crime you remember those words you said about everyone else and do you time like a man. Se how you like not having any towels to shower with or no sheets or blankets. Get real people.
Howard23

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

I hope you don't end up in one of them for not having your driver's license or a DUI.
ILiveForTwoNow

Canton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Im so glad hill aint a part of clayton county anymore. Ken seems to be tha man and im glad they finally got someone with sense in charge. ive heard so much has changed for the better in there and as far as what hill made them do, that was to only make his self feel better, lil man syndrome! but i have so much love for my guys locked up and cant wait for them to be home!!..Lets all try to make clayton couty a little better cuz its gotten really bad around here and its bs. why kill some one elses love and life for stupid drugs or money or cars. God put us here for a reason and thats to serve right by him and make something of ourselves so to my peers lets get it and make our future better and quit playin games with tha dumb stuff our parents taught us better and jail is not tha place to be...but always remember in a hustlers life you either live to ways..dead or in jail. i learned the hard way and now i live with the lose of my boyfriend. and im way too young for it. and as for the 2 guys they just completly threw theyre lives away for nothing. so young people of clay co. think before you make the wrong move, it could cost you your whole future. one love! Lets Get It!!!
Clayton co cop

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

I know a lot of enforcement officals in clayton. They are doing what they can to make it a better place. The judical system is the problem. They seem to have a big ego in putting people in jail & keeping them there. I'm guessing money & control is the real reason behind most of this.
kgs

Conley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2009

Judged:

6/21/09
Hello!
Iím an inmate at Clayton County Detention Center. Iíve been here since the beginning of May, 2009, and this by far is the most dehumanizing, demoralizing, abusive place I know. I have never known so many judgmental, uncaring people in my life. This place is so bad, that it is driving me to the point of depression; because I feel like Iím being oppressed. Like I said before, Iíve been here since May, and the A/C has been out for the past three weeks. It gets so hot in this small cell at night that I can hardly breathe. You know it is extremely hot; when you wake up out of your sleep out of breath. I have tried several times complaining to the guards, but that does no good; because they either ignore the emergency bell, and if they do come in they walk right back out and ignore you. It seems as if the A/C is turned up a little during the day, because you can feel it a little. But at the night itís turned all the way down, because it gets extremely hot to the point where you feel like you are going to suffocate. Beside the fact that it is over heated in this place, there are ants every where. I feel really bad for the oneís who have to sleep on the floor, since I finally got a bad after a couple of weeks on the floor myself. We are locked down 18 hours a day in this hot cell; which has no A/C and no air circulation and when they are short of staff we are locked down pretty much the hold day and all day on Fridays, I thought that Saturday was the only day you stay locked down all day? If any one knows the answer to this question please let me know?

6/22/09
Today they took up bed sheets in the afternoon, the sheets where then given back to us with our dinner; which again came in a bag. In the process of giving out bed sheets, they rain out of sheets once they got to Housing Unit 6; up top 209-210. Ms. Webster then told us that we would have to wait until next Monday to get our sheets.

6/22/09
I went to church today along with a few others in hope of finding some type of peace from being in this awful place. When we returned back to our unit, we were told by Officer Martin that because we went to church, we missed out on clean uniforms; so we would have to wait until this Thursday before we could change.

6/23/09
A/C Unit not working properly. It is so hot in here that we are stripping down in there cells just to try and stay cool; but then the guards are making us put our uniforms back on. Although we are telling them how hot the rooms are they donít seem to care; maybe they will care when something tragic happens, I just pray it does not happen to me.
what

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2009

kgs wrote:
6/21/09
Hello!
Iím an inmate at Clayton County Detention Center. Iíve been here since the beginning of May, 2009, and this by far is the most dehumanizing, demoralizing, abusive place I know. I have never known so many judgmental, uncaring people in my life. This place is so bad, that it is driving me to the point of depression; because I feel like Iím being oppressed. Like I said before, Iíve been here since May, and the A/C has been out for the past three weeks. It gets so hot in this small cell at night that I can hardly breathe. You know it is extremely hot; when you wake up out of your sleep out of breath. I have tried several times complaining to the guards, but that does no good; because they either ignore the emergency bell, and if they do come in they walk right back out and ignore you. It seems as if the A/C is turned up a little during the day, because you can feel it a little. But at the night itís turned all the way down, because it gets extremely hot to the point where you feel like you are going to suffocate. Beside the fact that it is over heated in this place, there are ants every where. I feel really bad for the oneís who have to sleep on the floor, since I finally got a bad after a couple of weeks on the floor myself. We are locked down 18 hours a day in this hot cell; which has no A/C and no air circulation and when they are short of staff we are locked down pretty much the hold day and all day on Fridays, I thought that Saturday was the only day you stay locked down all day? If any one knows the answer to this question please let me know?
6/22/09
Today they took up bed sheets in the afternoon, the sheets where then given back to us with our dinner; which again came in a bag. In the process of giving out bed sheets, they rain out of sheets once they got to Housing Unit 6; up top 209-210. Ms. Webster then told us that we would have to wait until next Monday to get our sheets.
6/22/09
I went to church today along with a few others in hope of finding some type of peace from being in this awful place. When we returned back to our unit, we were told by Officer Martin that because we went to church, we missed out on clean uniforms; so we would have to wait until this Thursday before we could change.
6/23/09
A/C Unit not working properly. It is so hot in here that we are stripping down in there cells just to try and stay cool; but then the guards are making us put our uniforms back on. Although we are telling them how hot the rooms are they donít seem to care; maybe they will care when something tragic happens, I just pray it does not happen to me.
If you are in jail, how are you able to use a computer? It sure Doesn't sound as bad as you try to make it sound ! Besides, YOU put your own self in there, right?? I don't know what you are in there for, but obviously you must have done something to be in there. If you do the crime you must pay the time!!!! Don't feel sorry for any of you not one bit! Maybe when you get out you can act like a responsible adult?? Ya think?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tyrone Discussions

Search the Tyrone Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr silverfox 52,090
The Takeover of Fayetteville is Almost Complete (Apr '13) Tue Bill in Clayton C... 4
Review: Bots Auto Repair And Services Aug 14 LarryBaker 1
Review: Los Mariachis Aug 8 Guy 1
Large Black Cat in Coweta County Jul 31 concernedcitizen 1
Husband Gang Bullied Jul 30 Truth4554 4
Prophet Michael Obeng Jul 25 chrichna 3
•••
•••

Tyrone News Video

•••
Tyrone Dating

more search filters

less search filters