Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#18725 Jul 18, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in California for awhile, and there are many. The problem is that the illegals will farm the fruits and vegetables, and the American workers won't. The other problem is the cost of fruits and vegetables will skyrocket, when businesses are forced to hire legals. That is just one sector. It is a tough problem. Why are we not doing a better job protecting our borders?
There is no problem there. They can enter only with seasonal temporary visas. They will be checked by the employers on the job site. Employers will be fined if workers are found to have improper papers. You must ask yourself, just how many people does it take to pick tomatoes? It doesn't take millions of them.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18726 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to send them back as they will go back on their own. All that needs to be done is to fine employers $10,000.00 for every illegal alien that is found working for them. Employers will not hire them.
Look dude, the borders of this country should have been beefed up 30 years ago and has nothing to do with immigration or the Immigration Bill. That is a entirely different subject. It would also make the threat of terrorism almost nothing.
Border security was thrown into the Immigration Bill by the politicians because they think we are stupid. We should already have a secure border with normal legal immigration. Defense of the country is the governments main job and they are failing to do that with no or very little border security. How could the government really care about our security against terrorism with wide open borders? They couldn't care. Makes our anti-terrorism pretty much a joke doesn't it?
I would like to see a Border Security Bill that is not tied to or part of any other bill. That is what is important to America at this time.
I agree totally with your first paragraph- If we were to do that then the rest of your post is almost meaningless.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18727 Jul 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The law I believe we are both referring to is the one that just passed. It does not require a woman to check into a hospital. In order to safeguard the women who go to those clinics, it simply requires that those clinics meet the same health standards as free standing surgical clinics. Considering the invasive nature of and the risks involved in an abortion, that requirement is only logical. The law also requires a doctor at those clinics have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of the clinic. Again, that is for the protection of the patient should anything go wrong, again logical.
The "closing down" of most of the clinics is a fallacious argument that is used virtually every time a state attempts to impose any new regulations on abortion clinics.
I think abortion should be illegal, except in cases involving rape, incest, or severe complications that would risk the mother's life. As for this law. Why would anybody want anyone to preform a procedure like abortion and not be held to the same standards as a surgical clinic? I think that would be protecting women's healthcare standards, if anything. Ain't it? I don't see the problem or complaint.

Douglasville, GA

#18728 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Forty percent of them enter this country legally and overstay visas. They were legal immigrants and became illegal immigrants. Wouldn't you say?
Whose fault is that? Try overstaying your visa in Mexico and they will put your butt in the pokey.
These people are creating an illegal act of over staying their visas, which is a crime.
Odd, most every other country in the modern world manages to keep track of who is in their country. If Mexico can do it,why can't we?
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18729 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to send them back as they will go back on their own. All that needs to be done is to fine employers $10,000.00 for every illegal alien that is found working for them. Employers will not hire them.
Look dude, the borders of this country should have been beefed up 30 years ago and has nothing to do with immigration or the Immigration Bill. That is a entirely different subject. It would also make the threat of terrorism almost nothing.
Border security was thrown into the Immigration Bill by the politicians because they think we are stupid. We should already have a secure border with normal legal immigration. Defense of the country is the governments main job and they are failing to do that with no or very little border security. How could the government really care about our security against terrorism with wide open borders? They couldn't care. Makes our anti-terrorism pretty much a joke doesn't it?
I would like to see a Border Security Bill that is not tied to or part of any other bill. That is what is important to America at this time.
I wasn't trying to be a smarta**. I only meant that if we did what you suggest in the first paragraph, then there would be tons of money to spend on border security.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18730 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no problem there. They can enter only with seasonal temporary visas. They will be checked by the employers on the job site. Employers will be fined if workers are found to have improper papers. You must ask yourself, just how many people does it take to pick tomatoes? It doesn't take millions of them.
I don't see the problem anyway. If that's the worst we can expect from ridding ourselves of a bunch of free loading illegal aliens. Hell I don't mind paying more for my fruits and vegetables, if I know american are getting paid a decent wage to harvest them.

Douglasville, GA

#18731 Jul 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I agree totally with your first paragraph- If we were to do that then the rest of your post is almost meaningless.
Duh, By securing our borders we keep out unwanted individuals that would like to blow us up. We wouldn't have to be patted down at the airports. Most of all the money being spent trying to keep track of alleged terrorist could be saved. How many billions of dollars could be saved by not spending the money on anti-terrorism? If the terrorist couldn't get in here here then it is a possibility that we wouldn't have an excuse to fight them in other countries. Drug cartels would be stopped in this country. The flow of illegal drugs would dry up. Just use your imagination at the possibilities.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#18732 Jul 18, 2013
Dating me, as I am reflecting back to late 70's.
Do the fines cost more or less then the cost of hire? If I am charged a 2000 fine for hiring illegally, and I can hire labor at 5.00 an hour, instead of 11.00 an hour, it may be more lucrative to just pay the fine.
It actually takes quite a few people to pick all the fruits and vegetables that come out of california. Of course that isn't the only industry. Construction is another.
What I don't understand is how and why this got so out of hand, and is so visible today. I mean living there in the 70's it was a huge problem that I never heard the first word about.
( they were focussed on medflies back then!:)

Douglasville, GA

#18733 Jul 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't trying to be a smarta**. I only meant that if we did what you suggest in the first paragraph, then there would be tons of money to spend on border security.
O.K. I got your meaning now. I just wasted 5 minutes replying to you for no reason.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18734 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose fault is that? Try overstaying your visa in Mexico and they will put your butt in the pokey.
These people are creating an illegal act of over staying their visas, which is a crime.
Odd, most every other country in the modern world manages to keep track of who is in their country. If Mexico can do it,why can't we?
I was just saying some where illegal immigrants and some where border hopping illegal aliens, and that I thought both terms were valid.

Douglasville, GA

#18735 Jul 18, 2013
formerresident wrote:
Dating me, as I am reflecting back to late 70's.
Do the fines cost more or less then the cost of hire? If I am charged a 2000 fine for hiring illegally, and I can hire labor at 5.00 an hour, instead of 11.00 an hour, it may be more lucrative to just pay the fine.
It actually takes quite a few people to pick all the fruits and vegetables that come out of california. Of course that isn't the only industry. Construction is another.
What I don't understand is how and why this got so out of hand, and is so visible today. I mean living there in the 70's it was a huge problem that I never heard the first word about.
( they were focussed on medflies back then!:)
I doubt that they will work for $5.00 an hour. I think they are paid by what they produce. A 10,000.00 fine would do the trick.
Just look at all the good paying American jobs that have been lost to illegals in the construction industry.
It has happened because of business's and the government working together to make cheap wages and high profits. That's the truth.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18736 Jul 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Given your views on the subject, I understand how you see it that way, but at least you do admit that there is more to it than just a matter of "5 mos."
OMTE, your and Ag's views on this subject differ, but my only point here is that this new law in Texas is not about protecting the safety of women. It is about restricting the right of women to have an abortion- or at the very least, making it more difficult to do so. That is all I am trying to say. The law was not enacted because women were dying of substandard services in clinics.

Douglasville, GA

#18737 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I was just saying some where illegal immigrants and some where border hopping illegal aliens, and that I thought both terms were valid.
If they are here illegally than they are illegal aliens. Illegal immigrants sounds so much more legal and nice doesn't it? It doesn't sound as bad. That is why the PC people want that term used.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18738 Jul 18, 2013
sorry, I meant to say that your and Ag's view differ from mine....

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18739 Jul 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Given your views on the subject, I understand how you see it that way, but at least you do admit that there is more to it than just a matter of "5 mos."
But wouldn't you agree that the other two provisions are merely common sense requirements to protect the health of the patients, rather than the "onerous restrictions intended only to limit a woman's right to chose" that the pro-choice side claims? How in the world can expecting an abortion clinic to merely meet the same standards as a free standing surgical clinic be considered unreasonable?
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18740 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are here illegally than they are illegal aliens. Illegal immigrants sounds so much more legal and nice doesn't it? It doesn't sound as bad. That is why the PC people want that term used.
Actually they have now condemned the term "illegal" when referring to any aliens or immigrants now. Check it out.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18741 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that they will work for $5.00 an hour. I think they are paid by what they produce. A 10,000.00 fine would do the trick.
Just look at all the good paying American jobs that have been lost to illegals in the construction industry.
It has happened because of business's and the government working together to make cheap wages and high profits. That's the truth.
But I don't believe any of this will ever happen because the employers and the politicians are in cahoots, as usual.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18742 Jul 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
But wouldn't you agree that the other two provisions are merely common sense requirements to protect the health of the patients, rather than the "onerous restrictions intended only to limit a woman's right to chose" that the pro-choice side claims? How in the world can expecting an abortion clinic to merely meet the same standards as a free standing surgical clinic be considered unreasonable?
They're killin babies. Do you think they care about their safety? I think they're just happy to have someone that's willing to help them murder their "mistake".
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18743 Jul 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
whether it is "common sense" or not, I think that it is just one more attempt by anti-abortion activists to restrict a womans' right to the service.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18744 Jul 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to get into the moral or religious aspects of the issue- at least not tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qom Dave teagle????? (Oct '13) Dec 21 lee 12
Body of Burned Teenager Identified (Sep '07) Dec 14 Kathy 417
Racism (Apr '10) Dec 12 Jess 8
Review: Edible Arrangements Dec 12 Not happy 1
Review: Destination Assured Dec 11 sclex 1
Desperately Seeking Dorothy...My Babysitter in1... Dec 8 Dianna Kay Cashion 1
Attorney Robert H. Suttles (Dec '09) Dec 6 tony 11

Tyrone News Video

Tyrone Dating
Find my Match