Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clayton County Jail

JONESBORO, GA -- Inmates at the Clayton County Jail have complained that when Sheriff Victor Hill walks through the jail they have to stop what they're doing, turn away from him and stand at attention. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
realalpha

Lake Linden, MI

#42 Jul 29, 2011
mactificent wrote:
I have a family member in Clayton County Jail. She has sores all over her body from the clothes. For a week they were not given soap or toothpaste. They feed them slop. They don't give women with their menses any pads. She told me today the jail has broke her down. She was wrong for what she did but no one deserves to be malnourished and sick. They charge $5 for an aspirin. Where does on go or what can be done to help the inmates in Clayton?
there is a state and federal agency called the jail standerds div. that will investigate compalints on really bad jails. I am sure they have inspected clayton county more than once, however its the good ole boy network that let them slide, i think a inspection by the feds is due and soon!
realalpha

Lake Linden, MI

#43 Jul 29, 2011
Sinister Oculus wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe teach them not to do something to get thrown in jail in the first place?
MAYBE TEACH THE JAIL STAFF THAT PEOPLE GO TO JAIL AND PRISON ___NOT FOR PUNISHMENT- BUT [AS] PUNISHMENT!let me break it down to you law abiding citizen {of course you are}that means that as punishment you are sent to jail or the pen, not to be beat up , derogated or humiliated but to sit in jail [AS] PUNISHMENT NOT [FOR] PUNISHMENT!!I hope that's not to deep for you to understand, but that's the truth , only people like you {law abiding } of course you are, people seek blood or torture for the lost souls, that they suffer for there crimes, well if the clayton county jail isnt punishment then i dont know what is,. take your sisnister eye and look up your ass and read your mind!
realalpha

Lake Linden, MI

#44 Jul 29, 2011
Yuck wrote:
Poor Babies! Can't do the time? Don't do the crime. No Sheriff Hill is not God, but he is their better. Sounds like demanding respect is what standing at attention is about, although I'm not real sure why they're turned away.
you tooo!!! is everybody in clayton in favor of gestapo behavior in the jail?? Now see where your sheriff hill is HA HA HA HA. just another gorilla who got it all wrong. He is there better who says you, he isn't there better anymore and never was there better, he is just as corrupt and a crook and a liar , perjurer , as any of them that are actually guilty! There better?? wow that says allot about you victor hill special goon you must be!! are you going to jail with him!!
realalpha

Lake Linden, MI

#45 Jul 29, 2011
BillyP83 wrote:
UHMMMM, excuse me, but if you are in jail, no matter the charges, you only have the absolute basic of civil rights. If the inmates don't "appreciate" the way they are being treated, then maybe this could serve as a lesson to them to straighten up and not get sent back to jail. I say that the sheriff is doing a good job of treating them like that and the inmates don't have the right to complain. Why must people try to pitty the criminals?
well who lied to you also? You don't even grasp the very basic idea of incarceration !!!First thing einstein THE CONCEPT OF JAIL OR PRISON IS THAT PEOPLE GO TO JAIL OR PRISON [AS] PUNISHMENT, NOT [FOR]PUNISHMENT.I know that may be a bit deep for you but hell anybody who supports victor hill probably does not have the mental aptitude to understand it!what about the people who ARE innocent you think they deserve the degradation and humiliation as well?if you do then your evil crooked one way motherf----er you and hill should be able to hold hands when you and him go to jail!!

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 10

Jacksonville, FL

#46 Jul 29, 2011
It really sucks when those evil corrections officers make jail not a fun place to hang out with your homies.
madmax

Covington, GA

#47 Jul 30, 2011
there's always a reason for going to jail. don't do it, and you will stay out of jail....plain and simple....
oh really like being lied on by a neighbor and sent to jail, i guess that was my reason, for going to jail huh.clayton county is a police run county run by crooked cops.screw clayton county.
look

Jacksonville, FL

#48 Jul 30, 2011
they are criminals.....they lie

cops get the benefit of the doubt
realalpha

Lake Linden, MI

#49 Jul 30, 2011
Yuck wrote:
Poor Babies! Can't do the time? Don't do the crime. No Sheriff Hill is not God, but he is their better. Sounds like demanding respect is what standing at attention is about, although I'm not real sure why they're turned away.
VICTOR HILL is nothing but wife abusing narcissist gorilla, or excuse me a chimp!! What a complete disgrace this chimp is to the people of clayton county, ALAS, i guess they are going to have corruption in the county and sheriffs office until the good ole boys come back!i am sorry but why is it there's always black gangsters in the s/o, i wouldn't stand attention and turn my back to that ni---r even if they beat the crap out of me! that may be a little radical to some of you but it just wouldn't happen in my old Dixie!!!who does that chimp low life liar abuser of the office think he is ??? just like i wouldn't stand up for that {i hear he is a d--k eater} william iceman OR should it be william {ass man} ison, now all the wrong they have done to the county and its people its now coming home to ridicule them in there old age HILL. what a complete stupid idiot! Ison what a complete disgrace to the Georgia judicial system. sent a man to jail for oral sex with his consenting wife, when the statue he was sent to the pen for doesent even or ever apply to his case!!! You would think that ole billy boy assman ison being a dr. of jureprudence would have known that before sending a man to the pen for 5 yrs, yea the higher courts over turned his sentence that ison [assman}gave him, but heck the man is now a sex offender until he can clear his name at his on expense? ASSMAN ison should be made to clear his name pro bono!! Anyway thats just some of the stupid is stupid does stuff in clayton clownty home of tara and gone to hell with the wind!
wolfcat87

Missoula, MT

#50 May 8, 2013
BillyP83 wrote:
UHMMMM, excuse me, but if you are in jail, no matter the charges, you only have the absolute basic of civil rights. If the inmates don't "appreciate" the way they are being treated, then maybe this could serve as a lesson to them to straighten up and not get sent back to jail. I say that the sheriff is doing a good job of treating them like that and the inmates don't have the right to complain. Why must people try to pitty the criminals?
Ummm... ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? There are plenty of people in jails who have not been proven guilty of anything yet.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#51 May 11, 2013
thamanjimmy wrote:
"The inmates contend detention officers do not wear name tags, making it impossible for inmates to identify them if they want to file a grievance. They say inmates are allowed to address only unranked officers, that the food is bad, and that new inmates are not screened for illnesses or disease."
This is horrible that there are people actually advocating these criminals. What about our troops in Iraq??? I can tell you from experience that the food is not that great and the sleeping quarters are probably worse than in jail. Some troops do not even get to shower for days. Yet, people are actually listening to this crap. This is a waste of tax dollars and government time.
Hey, if someone dies or is raped by a corrections officer, ONLY then should an investigation proceed.
This is depressing...these are criminals. "In-humane"....my ass (for lack of better terminology).
AMEN!
mslong

United States

#52 May 19, 2013
Its tru i was there they should have dogs in there not people like me i know we fuck up but the way they do you omg they lock u in a room nasty ass room and i could not us it because ut didnt work they made me hold it to they let me out hrs.news need to go in there for real ive seen a lady have her baby in her room cause they didnt come to the bell they told her to set her ass down and her baby died i can go on but im gettin some one on them.
meme

Decatur, GA

#53 Oct 27, 2013
okay after reading many statements and comments I have to say something...first off let me say that Victor hill is victor hill...I was there in clayco when he first came back into office and he had the officers running around like crazy jut to make sure the inmates did everything to please him and if he found one thing wrong he slung everyones boxes(which holds both our personal items and food that we bought)we had to make our beds a certain way and yes when he came into our doorms we had to face the wall with our hands clasped ogether behind our back looking at the floor, I was glad when I left but let me also tell you I have been to many other jails but clayco is by far the worst...every jail is bad but not like this one....I saw one person die while I was there, I was in contact with pepper spray(while I was pregnant)and I remember that I was in a holing cell for hours at a time b4 anyone came when I called for them...they are not fast to respond so if you go there don't plan on getting sick...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyrone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 13 min Chopper Read 55,636
Michael Priggins at Shakerag? 9 hr Sandy 2
Freightliner Cascadia or Columbia sleeper Trucks Fri tcoolru 1
David Bebout Supplying Phony Letters of Intent (Dec '10) Fri Hahaja 51
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 15 The WB 2,055
Edward Ray Sharpe Jr (Feb '13) Sep 15 Concerned Person 6
Prophet Michael Obeng Sep 7 chrichna 4
•••

Tyrone News Video

•••
•••

Tyrone Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tyrone People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE