Raves, Rants, and Roses

Sep 23, 2012 Full story: Tyler Morning Telegraph

RAVES: My neighborhood deserves praise. We live on a one-block street in an average neighborhood.

Full Story
Ted

Tyler, TX

#1 Sep 23, 2012
This is, bar none, the worst fair I've ever been to. The exhibits have gone from 5 buildings down to 1. They only fill 25% of that one. The attitudes of the people working the fair were unbelievable. Nobody trying to get your attention. Nobody trying to show you anything. Instead, venders sat in the back of their booths eating, talking, playing on their phones, not wanting to be bothered by the occasional fair goer trying to get some information. This attitude even carried over to the Midway, where I actually saw a man wanting to throw darts at balloons, have to ask how much it would cost and what he could win. The vender never stood up. This was the mind set at the entire fair.

I would recommend people save their money. This was a total waste of money and time.
Sparky

Tyler, TX

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Ted wrote:
This is, bar none, the worst fair I've ever been to. The exhibits have gone from 5 buildings down to 1. They only fill 25% of that one. The attitudes of the people working the fair were unbelievable. Nobody trying to get your attention. Nobody trying to show you anything. Instead, venders sat in the back of their booths eating, talking, playing on their phones, not wanting to be bothered by the occasional fair goer trying to get some information. This attitude even carried over to the Midway, where I actually saw a man wanting to throw darts at balloons, have to ask how much it would cost and what he could win. The vender never stood up. This was the mind set at the entire fair.
I would recommend people save their money. This was a total waste of money and time.
The LAST place you would ever see me is at the ET Fair. Of course this is just filler to keep people occcupied while they ramp up for Tyler's most irritating event, the Rose Festival. During that time the TeleCrap and KLTV will endlessly report on who is wearing what dress and what wealthy family's child is going to put on a monkey suit and be in the queen's court blah, blah, blah.

I used to go to the State Fair (Dallas) almost every year. And almost every year I would ask myself, "Why did I go to the State Fair?" I won't have to ask myself that question with the East Texas Fair. I won't go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Brackeen Fri attackcatmom 6
Read "Smith County Justice" for Free (Sep '09) Fri Mishka 119
Is Smith County going to pay for a road in othe... Fri Corruption Capita... 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Farts 771
Advice Fri thatoneguyEthan 1
Should Larry smith resign Jan 22 Stevec903 23
Chris Green (Jul '14) Jan 21 Corruption Capita... 37
Tyler Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web