"An Unjustifiable Experiment with Racism"

Posted in the Tyler Forum

Since: Apr 13

Dallas, Texas

#1 May 13, 2013
It's awful that racism still exists in the United States. Considering Smith County courts aided and abetted a kidnapping and murder.Considering race, some racist individuals will do anything to destroy some black families, I speak of the incident with Talitha Singleton Whitley. This occurred 13 years after integration of society in the South. Something to remind us of the struggles blacks had already come through, and trouble is still up ahead. I also find that Jim Clark set up a puppet regime in Denton of fraud bribery and obstruction surrounding this circumstance with a foot in the door with A.O.Calhoun/Congress along with Tyler Cable TV service of Clarksville and East Texas Medical Center-Tyler-Clarksville Branch; to throw off the Feds and hide from Media. Which would reflect the Holcomb, Bell, Estes case. As I pace ya, deep south of the Mason-Dixon.

Since: Apr 13

Dallas, Texas

#2 May 18, 2013
Patricia Bogan wrote:
When a court of law starts aid and abetting murderers,etc. We don't want to address this as an oversight; we should stand up for victims of violent crime. I attended college in Tyler Tx Tyler Jr. College lived in Denton Texas-UNT originally from the Annona-Clarksville area. Oh the sights I've seen:disenfranchisement of individuals in the know of individuals not doing their jobs and others having to study to do someone elses job. Miscarriage of justice in support of criminals. I don't know what God has in store or what method he'll use to bring this country into compliance to his standard way of life, but I'd guess; it's gonna come to pass! The past is history the future besets us. Opportunity to improve: civilization, educational tools, etc. So frankly speaking; to whom much is given of whom much is required. I take a stand against Denial of Justice & victims of violent crime.
Reposted
Bill VonKleef

Tyler, TX

#3 May 19, 2013
What in the world are you talking about?
Patricia Bogan

Avery, TX

#4 May 20, 2013
Bill VonKleef wrote:
What in the world are you talking about?
Concerned as to why this case was not appealed to the supreme court and I'm sitting here inquiring and commenting about the matter,other than that; the comments speak for itself. HI it's been some years plenty of water under the bridge. Old quote be careful of the bridges you burn.
Bill VonKleef

Tyler, TX

#5 May 20, 2013
I read your posts several times, and I am not quite sure what your issue you are wanting addressed. You state that this occurred 13 years after segregation ended. That would be 27 years ago, are you suggesting that an investigation is needed into this case based upon racial discrimination? Have you contacted the FBI? What evidence do you have that there was wrong doing?

Are you a family member of the victim?

Your statements are random and provide little information other that broad based allegations. Please for the sake of the process provide additional comments or be case into the veil of scrutiny for lack of facts.

Since: Apr 13

Dallas, Texas

#6 May 21, 2013
Bill VonKleef wrote:
I read your posts several times, and I am not quite sure what your issue you are wanting addressed. You state that this occurred 13 years after segregation ended. That would be 27 years ago, are you suggesting that an investigation is needed into this case based upon racial discrimination? Have you contacted the FBI? What evidence do you have that there was wrong doing?
Are you a family member of the victim?
Your statements are random and provide little information other that broad based allegations. Please for the sake of the process provide additional comments or be case into the veil of scrutiny for lack of facts.
I take it that nothing was done to the defendant because the victim was black. Why was this man acquitted? Was the defendant not read his rights,when he was apprehended? Was this an all white jury? Has the defendant been questioned about a murder for hire plot? Was all the evidence presented to the jury? Is there missing evidence and statements from police officers and detectives? It appears to be machine politics involved: bribery! I'm not a family member of the victim, a concerned citizen. I won't make any further comments! I don't have any idea who the victim is? I was just checking to see does anyone remember the incident? Just curious? Have a great day! I don't care to comment any further.

Since: Apr 13

Dallas, Texas

#7 May 21, 2013
Patricia Bogan wrote:
<quoted text>I take it that nothing was done to the defendant because the victim was black. Why was this man acquitted? Was the defendant not read his rights,when he was apprehended? Was this an all white jury? Has the defendant been questioned about a murder for hire plot? Was all the evidence presented to the jury? Is there missing evidence and statements from police officers and detectives? It appears to be machine politics involved: bribery! I'm not a family member of the victim, a concerned citizen. I won't make any further comments! I don't have any idea who the victim is? I was just checking to see does anyone remember the incident? Just curious? Have a great day! I don't care to comment any further.
Let me rephrase that, I didn't personally know the victim nor ever met the victim or her family.
Bill VonKleef

Tyler, TX

#8 May 21, 2013
Could it simply be that race had absolutely nothing to do with this case and that the evidence simply wasn't sufficient to convict him.

Why must everything be racial? Did OJ murder his ex-wife and her friend because of race? Was he acquitted because he was black?

As much as some people like to think that every crime or acquittal is racially motivated, that just isn't the case.

Since: Apr 13

Dallas, Texas

#9 May 22, 2013
Bill VonKleef wrote:
Could it simply be that race had absolutely nothing to do with this case and that the evidence simply wasn't sufficient to convict him.
Why must everything be racial? Did OJ murder his ex-wife and her friend because of race? Was he acquitted because he was black?
As much as some people like to think that every crime or acquittal is racially motivated, that just isn't the case.
I think the acquittal was racially motivated in the Tyler case. OJ Simpsons money acquitted him, I didn't see all the coverage to judge whether the evidence against OJ was sufficient. I thought I'd get lucky in Tyler and connect with individuals who were around Tyler and in the know of the case who could update on the status of the courts and if they've seen any improvements. I think the case should be referred to the supreme court on the grounds of evidence being withheld from the jurors. It is a peculiar looking circumstance, for starters the charge of "kidnapping." Why was she in Tyler? Was she abducted in Midland and brought to Tyler? Or was she a resident of Tyler? If it was a hire who hired the goon? And in a situation like that, you wouldn't want to abandon the idea of reopening the case or exposing it to national attention. There are a lot of cases in the media of police misconduct etc. This case was acquitted 32 years ago "1981". I think some type of sanctions need to be administered. Back then we didn't have internet access and people were reluctant to confront the police if it weren't the family.
Bill VonKleef

Tyler, TX

#10 May 22, 2013
Have you heard of the book Smith County Justice? If not, look it up and read it. Keep in mind that Tyler is not the same city that is exposed in the book. Maybe that will help.
WTFchuCK

Del Valle, TX

#11 May 22, 2013
I am still unsure as to what we are actually talking about here? Racism? Sure, there's racism in Tyler. There's racism everywhere and it doesn't just go one way. Corruption? Hahaha!!! Look at our Federal government lately?! Been to a foreign country lately?! I've lived all over the world and, I assure you, Smith Co doesn't even come close to being one of the most corrupt places I've ever seen? You aren't expressing your thoughts very clearly and it's obvious that you know very little, besides maybe what you read in an old news article, about whichever case you are trying to incite anger over.

Since: Apr 13

Dallas, Texas

#12 May 23, 2013
Bill VonKleef wrote:
Have you heard of the book Smith County Justice? If not, look it up and read it. Keep in mind that Tyler is not the same city that is exposed in the book. Maybe that will help.
As mentioned I don't care to reveal my source of knowledge. Neither do I think this is a case lacking corpus delicti. I do find that I am within constitutional guidelines i.e. freedom of speech, freedom of press in reference to public officials & municipalities. Abuses of power are generally going to come with strings attached,& the issue raises the question of entrapment and subjects to retaliation for whistleblowing. I did mention a lawyer of defense in my comments who practiced during a time of gag orders which is now unconstitutional as of 1976.You mentioned veil of scrutiny as this case was ruled on in 1981. I did make another observation in that Clarksville hired an individual from Chandler to work in the school district. Coincidental covering of tracks with cable and hospital. You'd have to consider racism in any case dealing with blacks considering it took 176 years to end segregation and slavery 1791-1967, including abuse, lynchings,& intimidation of blacks. Facts: slavery, secession- confederal states, civil war, etc. There's eyewitness reports of KKK marches in Clarksville area as of 1976. After all this, we find a rise in black on black crimes. Whites depending on black goons to destroy other blacks i.e. organized crime etc. Money can be a root of evil. I will see if I can locate the reference material you suggested. Also if the OJ incident had occurred 60 or 70 years ago he would have been lynched by vigilantes without trial. So money was most definitely a factor regardless of the outcome.
Bill VonKleef

Tyler, TX

#13 May 23, 2013
My point is that this was decades ago and none of the people involved in this case are still in power. You obviously have little or no evidence of any wrong doing. Instead of conjuring a scandal from the past, why not focus your energies on the problems we have today.

Since: Apr 13

Dallas, Texas

#14 Jul 12, 2013
Bill VonKleef wrote:
My point is that this was decades ago and none of the people involved in this case are still in power. You obviously have little or no evidence of any wrong doing. Instead of conjuring a scandal from the past, why not focus your energies on the problems we have today.
I decided to respond to this final comment."Still in Power Question". I can see this judge Calhoun needed to be impeached for possible corruption & bribery. I noticed Judge Calhouns daughter is married to the Prices' makes me wonder what went on with Denton-Dallas City Hall scandal with Potasnik,Southwest Property & Rosemont.Also The late Weldon Holcombs daughter lived in Denton-Lewisville area. Also some issues that go along with Jim Clark as mentioned previously with Denton-Clarksville area. There's a detective in Tyler that needed to have his say about what happened with this case for sure, if he's still alive. Defendant needs to be questioned about murder for hire issues with Clarksville area? Dont want to leave a stone unturned. Also this case needs to be addressed in legislative areas concerning 5th amendment i.e. criminals being tried a second time. there needs to be an exception rule added to 5th amendment as was done with the Miranda Laws. That criminal should have been/should be, retried in the courts ; especially if the judge can be found criminal involving bribery and corruption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Brackeen Fri attackcatmom 6
Read "Smith County Justice" for Free (Sep '09) Jan 23 Mishka 119
Is Smith County going to pay for a road in othe... Jan 23 Corruption Capita... 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 23 Farts 771
Advice Jan 23 thatoneguyEthan 1
Should Larry smith resign Jan 22 Stevec903 23
Chris Green (Jul '14) Jan 21 Corruption Capita... 37
Tyler Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tyler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NFL 6:28 AM
Witten: It's 'silly' to think Murray is easily replaceable
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
Jason Witten: Every back couldn't do what DeMarco Murray did this season
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
Murray Will Command Up to $10M Per Year
NBC Sports 9:48 AM
Tony Romo: I have to be better