I-20 Traffic Accident near Tyler

I-20 Traffic Accident near Tyler

Posted in the Tyler Forum

A Concerned Wife

United States

#1 Sep 30, 2008
Hello..does anyone have any information about the current traffic accident occurring now (Sept. 30, 2008) on I-20 near HWY 155 eastbound? Such as the ETA of how soon it will be cleared up and interstate traffic can begin moving?
A listener

United States

#2 Sep 30, 2008
UPDATE: I-20 Traffic Being Detoured Through Tyler
TylerPaper.com image
(AP)-- Traffic is still being detoured from Interstate 20 through Tyler after an overnight chain collision involving six 18-wheelers and a car.

Two people in the car were killed in the crash on Interstate 20 eastbound. A third person was injured, but it is not clear at this time which vehicle that person was in. The interstate is shut down east bound while emergency crews clear the wreckage from the fiery crash and clean up fuel spills.

A spokesman with the Texas Department of Transportation said cleanup efforts could take awhile, and it's unknown how long the interstate will be closed.

Officials said the accident began when an 18-wheeler rolled over and caught fire. Details weren't immediately available on the two adults who died in the crash, but they were riding together in the one car involved in the wreck.

Updated Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2008 at 9:41 a.m. CDT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rep. Louie Gohmert--Dumbest Man In Congress Wed Even More Confused 2
Jailer Starlling mocks deaf inmate daily Nov 13 Cindy 2
Why are black people so loud? (May '10) Nov 12 jill123 308
Price Davis Nov 9 Rambler 1
News Smith County on track for lowest voter turnout ... Nov 5 Stay Home John 2
Read "Smith County Justice" for Free (Sep '09) Nov 5 Been There 127
Just moved here are the blacks in Tyler all lou... Nov 1 Dalsimer 666 2

Tyler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance