Teen drowns at Tybee Island

A 16-year-old boy drowned over the weekend near Tybee Island's pier and pavilion, authorities said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Miranda

United States

#21 Feb 17, 2008
Trey was a really good friend of mine that I've known since I was a toddler. If a person yells for help in the middle of an ocean or anywhere, don't take it as a joke. It's not a joking matter. I would've jumped in and saved him just like his friend Jeff did. I would not have stood around like a bump on a log just to watch. Jeff I'm really glad you were there with Trey, because you were the only one who tried to save his life unlike the others. Robbin I feel your pain. You and your family and all Trey's friends, I pray for ya'll. I will have you guys forever in my heart. Trey was a wonderful person with a big heart.
jackie from guyton

Savannah, GA

#22 Feb 18, 2008
if any one out there knows the truth about the day Trey drowned.please get in touch with my daughter .she needs to know the whole truth. good or bad .she needs some understanding of what happen to her son.whom she loved so much.he was a great swimmer and this should not have happen .so please if any one knows anything that could help her please do .have a good heart and help a good person and a great mom to know the truth.please help her get some closer,to know the truth could only help her.thank youfor reading this and please help her
R I P Trey

Vidalia, GA

#23 Feb 18, 2008
Trey's drowning came as a shock to everyone. I don't understand how a perfectly healthy, strong 16 year old drowns the way he did. Something just didn't seem right and it still doesn't. I wasn't as close to Trey's family as some of you were but my heart goes out to all of Trey's family and friends. Accident??? Yeah. Could something more have been done to save him??? I think so.
Nick

Savannah, GA

#24 Feb 18, 2008
I never met trey but so many of my friends did and I wish I could have became friends with him too.
Aaron Lane

Central, SC

#25 Feb 18, 2008
Hey, Robbin,
I was a friend of your son's from school. He was one of the best friends i ever had. He was one of those guys you could always count on to be there for ya. I was out of town the week he left us and got a phone call when i got back. I wish i could have been there to help him. Im sorry. He was too good to go so early.
jackie from guyton

Savannah, GA

#26 Feb 18, 2008
I thank each and every one of you who are responding .i really wish someone could and would tell her what really happen she needs to know so bad.there was a lots of people there someone had to see just what happen to our special 16 year son and grandson .please find it in your heart to come forward and talk to my daughter pleaseeee.there may be a few people that seen what happen and really could help a grieving mom.to know the whole fact of what happen that auful day. that change so many lives.please let the good LORD led you to do the right thing.
Aunt

Savannah, GA

#27 Feb 18, 2008
We MISS and LOVE Trey very much and if anyone knows anything PLEASE tell us. Good or Bad it would help to know. Accidents happen but even when it does we all still need to know why.
HELP PLEASE

Guyton, GA

#28 Feb 19, 2008
HELP PLEASE
No Name

Savannah, GA

#29 Feb 29, 2008
To Please Tell Me. These people writing these comments in a negative fashion make public saftey personnel look bad. Everybody wants to be a general after the war. Do you want the truth? I WAS THERE, AND IN THE KNOW. Do you want to contact me? Write back and forget the ignorant people. There was never a scream. I will contact you.
please tell me

Ludowici, GA

#30 Mar 1, 2008
No Name wrote:
To Please Tell Me. These people writing these comments in a negative fashion make public saftey personnel look bad. Everybody wants to be a general after the war. Do you want the truth? I WAS THERE, AND IN THE KNOW. Do you want to contact me? Write back and forget the ignorant people. There was never a scream. I will contact you.
Yes Please tell me what you know or saw.. Thank you.
please tell me

Ludowici, GA

#31 Mar 1, 2008
Yes this is his mother. Any inf ormation would be great... Thank you
to no name

Ludowici, GA

#32 Mar 1, 2008
I am Treys mother. I would like to know what you saw that day. Thank you for contacting me. You can contact me through my email if you would like: It is gonzalezmetalworks@gmail.com or at Treys email address Alienwerkshopp@gmail.com Thank you.
No Name

Savannah, GA

#33 Mar 3, 2008
To: please tell me, I want to remain anonymous I will set up an E-mail address and shoot you an E-mail. Just ignor the people who are writting negative comments. Frankly these people could not save themselves from anything. Everybody Just wants to blame somebody else. They could not stand in my shoes for 3 seconds before tapping out. And know this Highly trained Professionals were treating Trey, Professional Firefighters, ER Nurses, ER Doctors, EMS, and Professional Police Officers. Fuck these people who say he could have been saved, HE DID NOT HAVE A PULSE COMING OUT OF THE WATER, chances for resusitation are 1 in 9 with no pulse, they could'nt have done any better. I will go to their job and stand over their shoulder and be a (General AFTER THE WAR) I'm sure they could not help a hungry dog.
man this is crazy

United States

#34 Apr 8, 2009
this was crazy i was there too i live in douglasville right outside of atlanta ga i was there too maybe a block away when it happened i was also swimming in the ocean...
:(:(:(:(:( sad
Robbin

Richmond Hill, GA

#35 Apr 24, 2009
Wondering if anyone has any new information about what happened the day of my sons drowning. Its been almost 3 years and i cannot come to terms with his death. How do i deal with the death of my wonderful son?
Tybee couple

Pittsburgh, PA

#36 Feb 5, 2010
has there been any closure to this??? My wife and i were on the island that terrible day. we were not at the pier but it haunts us --especially since we now have a son who we plan on spending a lot of time on Tybee--- everytime we go back to Tybee.
Wish I Could Help

Lancaster, PA

#37 Mar 17, 2010
To Trey's mother, If you have not gotten a copy of the autopsy report, do so. http://www.ehow.com/how_4868287_autopsy-repor... That tells you how to get one.

Speak to the Chatham Co Medical Examiner:
Chatham County Coroner's Office
602 67th Street
Savannah, Georgia 31405

The next of kin can get a copy of the report but you may need proof he was your son. Once you get a copy of the report, read it carefully. If you have questions you can take it to your family physician (a copy, I'd keep the original one you are given if I were you). If there is anything suspicious take it up with the police.

I can't imagine how "No Name in Savannah" could say he/she was there and doing CPR, tell you to read the report and state things like "A fractured Vertebrate no water in the lungs???" and not have evidence to back that up. If this person was there doing CPR they could not have known there was a fractured vertebrate nor could they know there was no water in the lungs. If they were from the medical examiners office and they didn't offer you information on how to get the report...shame on them.

The actual report should shed some light on what happened to your son. I'm so sorry you've not gotten any sort of answers. You're in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tybee Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Racist Walmart Employees Unpunished after... (Jul '13) Mon amberrose 33
interesting Sun not there yet 1
The Devil Fled Down to GA (Dec '09) Sun meca 426
Talent scout now charged with scamming six clients (Aug '08) Sun Friendly fire 454
Andres Felipe Blackburn Cardona Sat Colombiana 1
interesting Feb 28 ahimsa 1
Interracial Dating (Feb '13) Feb 27 jtr304 19

Flood Warning for Chatham County was issued at March 02 at 8:34PM EST

Tybee Island Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tybee Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:32 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:32PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?
Bleacher Report 1:44 PM
Jaguars' Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions