Manitowoc police officer arrested for...

Manitowoc police officer arrested for OWI, still on duty

There are 4 comments on the WisInfo story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Manitowoc police officer arrested for OWI, still on duty. In it, WisInfo reports that:

MANITOWOC - A Manitowoc police officer who was sitting on the board of directors for the Wisconsin D.A.R.E. Officers Association when she was arrested earlier this month for drunken driving remains on duty, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WisInfo.

Roy LeClair

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Mar 20, 2009
I am a truck driver with a commercial driving license. If I am arrested for drunk driving in my personal vehicle, my license is immediately suspended and i lose my job. I can not apply for an occupational license. This is because showing poor judgement in my personal life translates to a danger in my profession. It's a safety concern. Why do we not hold a police officer who carries a weapon and drives in her job to at least as high a standard as a truck driver?
Tee in WI

Manitowoc, WI

#2 Apr 3, 2009
This goes back to the whole "do as I say, not as I do" saying. She should have been fired from her job on the spot. That is what is wrong with "authority" figures, there are very few people children look up to as a good example. Police Officers are suppose to keep the streets safe and by carrying that badge she made a commitment to her fellow officers and to the city of manitowoc she did not hold to that and therefore she should no longer be able to carry that badge! She put herself and countless others in danger because of her stupid actions and should be punished for it, severly punished!
anonymous

Kenosha, WI

#3 May 23, 2010
F-u-c-k y-o-u a--holes!!!!!!!!!!
funkmaster

United States

#5 Oct 7, 2011
remember the badge protects them so they can do what ever they want. Just like pigs wood

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Two Rivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Midwest Meteor: Where Did You Come From, Where ... Feb '17 Johnniez 1
Making a Murderer (Dec '15) Dec '16 Early 68
Vietnam draft dodger Myron marlett (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stevie 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
Stop the Mexican Illegal Alien Train (Mar '16) Mar '16 Red Jackal 2
Who did do it? (Jan '16) Jan '16 James Gray 4
News Update 4:39 p.m.: Manitowoc zoo bear bites off ... (Mar '10) Jan '16 Reporter 3

Two Rivers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Two Rivers Mortgages