zipp

North Salem, IN

#6146 Dec 14, 2012
It's a horrible day for America with the sickening events at the Sandy Hook school in Connecticut. God bless to all those suffering unspeakable pain and to those who lost their lives. 20 innocent angels and 7 dedicated teachers.
EyeOpener

Kenosha, WI

#6147 Dec 15, 2012
zipp wrote:
It's a horrible day for America with the sickening events at the Sandy Hook school in Connecticut. God bless to all those suffering unspeakable pain and to those who lost their lives. 20 innocent angels and 7 dedicated teachers.
SOMEHOW this event was tailor-made for Obama to outlaw guns.
"Give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama."
-Jamie Foxx
"The only thing left for Barack Obama to do is to work like a third world dictator and put all these people(right-wingers) in jail."
-Harry Belafonte
I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
-B. Hussein Obama
"I believe Obama was born in Kenya."
-Pat Boone
"That Birth Certificate, or whatever it is, is a forgery."
-Donald Trump
"Looks like our Commander-in-Chief is an illegal-alien."
-Sheriff Joe Arpaio
"I believe Obama is the antichrist."
-Kevin Graham
zipp

Chicago, IL

#6148 Dec 15, 2012
EyeOpener wrote:
<quoted text>SOMEHOW this event was tailor-made for Obama to outlaw guns.
"Give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama."
-Jamie Foxx
"The only thing left for Barack Obama to do is to work like a third world dictator and put all these people(right-wingers) in jail."
-Harry Belafonte
I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
-B. Hussein Obama
"I believe Obama was born in Kenya."
-Pat Boone
"That Birth Certificate, or whatever it is, is a forgery."
-Donald Trump
"Looks like our Commander-in-Chief is an illegal-alien."
-Sheriff Joe Arpaio
"I believe Obama is the antichrist."
-Kevin Graham
Wow lot of stuff there! None of which I believe. I think they are going to place restrictions on firearms. As a competitive shooter, hunter, former sniper, and safety advocate, I would like to be involved in the think tank that drafts ideas so law abiding citizens can have access to what they want will restricting undesirable persons.
Anonymous

Eau Claire, WI

#6151 Dec 15, 2012
EyeOpener wrote:
<quoted text>SOMEHOW this event was tailor-made for Obama to outlaw guns.
"Give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama."
-Jamie Foxx
"The only thing left for Barack Obama to do is to work like a third world dictator and put all these people(right-wingers) in jail."
-Harry Belafonte
I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
-B. Hussein Obama
"I believe Obama was born in Kenya."
-Pat Boone
"That Birth Certificate, or whatever it is, is a forgery."
-Donald Trump
"Looks like our Commander-in-Chief is an illegal-alien."
-Sheriff Joe Arpaio
"I believe Obama is the antichrist."
-Kevin Graham
paranoia strikes deep,into your life it will creep.It strikes when were always afraid,step out of line, the man comes and takes you away. Steven Stills
zipp

Menomonie, WI

#6153 Dec 15, 2012
There are two large issues to address for the EyeOpeners post. I would like to cover them separately.
First: The issue of law-abiding citizens carrying the guns of law-enforcement. I must say that I do support the 2nd amendment, however there is also a more complex issue involved. If you talk about the right people having the guns they want, I agree. If you believe that arming citizens in the movie theater in Colorado, or arming the teachers of Sandy Hook is a way to prevent the carnage from happening, I don't completely agree. Here's why: Many of these law-abiding citizens to not have the training, conditioning, or experience to respond to a life & death tactical situation with a firearm. Trust me the difference between sport hunting or target plinking is wholly different from a tactical situation. There are many elements that go into this for law enforcement and military personnel.
Being able to acquire and engage human targets with deadly force, under extreme stress and with ones life on the line is something that takes extensive and specific training of a different kind. Not to mention the ability to control ones own stress reaction and emotion. Additionally, there is the aftermath and how to deal with it. Also there is the matter of being able to articulate it properly in court and document your actions. Furthermore, there is the matter of understanding the law well enough under a variety of circumstances in order to know when and how to use your weapon and make split decisions about that while under stress.
Understand that this is only parts of the overall issue. The majority of citizens do not have this level of experience and training. There's a significant difference between putting a gun in the hands of a Navy Seal as opposed to a pipe fitter or a secretary. That's just a reality
Those who think differently do not understand the full complexities of the issue. Now is it possible for a citizen without this level of training to properly protect themselves against a threat using a firearm? Yes it is. The fact is that simply arming the law-abiding citizens is not a main stay to fill the gap for the safety of the public. For most of the public, it is simply not what they do, or are prepared for.
In summary, making the statement that simply arming the citizens with the weapons of law enforcement will ensure or enhance public safety, is missing a lot of important factors that present a larger issue. If someone passes a law that I cannot have an AR-15 outside of my work, I don't believe that this will make the public safer. I do however believe that there are greater responsibilities in me owning and securing such a tool that apparently not everyone understands equally. I believe that more initiative with educating the public is but one step that can make a difference. There are many others.
zipp

Menomonie, WI

#6154 Dec 15, 2012
One other issue to mention before I address the second part of the EyeOpener post.
On December 14, 2012 at Sandy Hook School in CT. it was revealed what some of us already knew. The first line of defense for everyone's children are the teachers, make no mistake! It's not the police! Once a shooter enters the environment, the law enforcement response is secondary. Repeatedly, teachers have sacrificed themselves including their very lives to protect the children. Their actions have been heroic and selfless. These are the same people that many have villianized as slackers and those getting a free ride. The people that we as a state have cut and lowered their salaries to the equivalent of parking lot attendants. the people that we have stripped of unions along with their ability to bargain. Those persons who failed to understand a teachers role and how significant it is, shame on you!
zipp

Buffalo Grove, IL

#6156 Dec 15, 2012
By the way, as long as the name was brought up, Sheriff Joe Arpaio is one of the biggest media mongers out there! He has cost his county taxpayers oodles of money during his reign due to lawsuits for ridiculous policies and practices he has put in place. He spends a lot more time concerned by his tv/media career then what he was elected to do. Many people out there who don't know anything about how a sheriffs office or law enforcement agency is run have been led to believe that he is some kind of hero. Trust me, among many law enforcement agencies and officials, he's a joke.
Who Tee Who

Oconto Falls, WI

#6157 Dec 16, 2012
zipp wrote:
By the way, as long as the name was brought up, Sheriff Joe Arpaio is one of the biggest media mongers out there! He has cost his county taxpayers oodles of money during his reign due to lawsuits for ridiculous policies and practices he has put in place. He spends a lot more time concerned by his tv/media career then what he was elected to do. Many people out there who don't know anything about how a sheriffs office or law enforcement agency is run have been led to believe that he is some kind of hero. Trust me, among many law enforcement agencies and officials, he's a joke.
Agent 007 Zipptard Bahahahahaah! Sharp shooter, navy seal, covert CIA, pilot of the space shuttle,head of the presidents secrect service team,Waaaahahahahaha! Stop please, no more, my sides are hurting Bahahahahaha!!!!! What a comic book figure you are. You really have your own exclusive little reallity go'in on there don't ya?
Who Tee Who

Oconto Falls, WI

#6158 Dec 16, 2012
zipp wrote:
There are two large issues to address for the EyeOpeners post. I would like to cover them separately.
First: The issue of law-abiding citizens carrying the guns of law-enforcement. I must say that I do support the 2nd amendment, however there is also a more complex issue involved. If you talk about the right people having the guns they want, I agree. If you believe that arming citizens in the movie theater in Colorado, or arming the teachers of Sandy Hook is a way to prevent the carnage from happening, I don't completely agree. Here's why: Many of these law-abiding citizens to not have the training, conditioning, or experience to respond to a life & death tactical situation with a firearm. Trust me the difference between sport hunting or target plinking is wholly different from a tactical situation. There are many elements that go into this for law enforcement and military personnel.
Being able to acquire and engage human targets with deadly force, under extreme stress and with ones life on the line is something that takes extensive and specific training of a different kind. Not to mention the ability to control ones own stress reaction and emotion. Additionally, there is the aftermath and how to deal with it. Also there is the matter of being able to articulate it properly in court and document your actions. Furthermore, there is the matter of understanding the law well enough under a variety of circumstances in order to know when and how to use your weapon and make split decisions about that while under stress.
Understand that this is only parts of the overall issue. The majority of citizens do not have this level of experience and training. There's a significant difference between putting a gun in the hands of a Navy Seal as opposed to a pipe fitter or a secretary. That's just a reality
Those who think differently do not understand the full complexities of the issue. Now is it possible for a citizen without this level of training to properly protect themselves against a threat using a firearm? Yes it is. The fact is that simply arming the law-abiding citizens is not a main stay to fill the gap for the safety of the public. For most of the public, it is simply not what they do, or are prepared for.
In summary, making the statement that simply arming the citizens with the weapons of law enforcement will ensure or enhance public safety, is missing a lot of important factors that present a larger issue. If someone passes a law that I cannot have an AR-15 outside of my work, I don't believe that this will make the public safer. I do however believe that there are greater responsibilities in me owning and securing such a tool that apparently not everyone understands equally. I believe that more initiative with educating the public is but one step that can make a difference. There are many others.
One thing that is stressfull too,that is a fool that is shooting at you and killing little children around you. But I would'nt want anyone to have a weapon to defend them self or the chidren.....oh no,,,,,cuz they don't have the proper training to deal with the stress. Getting gunned down with no means of defence,,,,thats lots better! Don't need no training to get gunned down. By the way, is'nt it you that is always writing about how intelligent and capable our teachers are? You think there are no teachers that have been in the military? Go back into your fog.
zipp

Menomonie, WI

#6159 Dec 16, 2012
Your comments right now after a sickening event like what happened aren't that funny. What you don't understand is so vast that no one would know where to begin.
zipp

Menomonie, WI

#6160 Dec 16, 2012
Ok, now I have a little time to respond. I think you missed the point who tee. I didn't say that SOME teachers haven't been in the military, that's not the point. Certainly there is the old saying about don't bring a knife to a gun fight, there are truths to that. When we talk about the general group of citizens, teachers, or what have you, that is not what they do or where they come from. There's more to it then black & white and there's more to being prepared for it then what tv portrays. There may be numerous persons working in a cafeteria or as a teacher that have military experience or the like, but that does not account for the whole group.
Crassus

Minneapolis, MN

#6161 Dec 16, 2012
Who cares about WI?
zipp

Menomonie, WI

#6162 Dec 16, 2012
Crassus wrote:
Who cares about WI?
Maybe a mud duck?
Que

Cedarburg, WI

#6163 Dec 16, 2012
Crassus wrote:
Who cares about WI?
Who cares about MN?
Mountain

New York, NY

#6164 Dec 16, 2012
repub ruler of the world wrote:
<quoted text>
wow ,the eye opener is your paranoia. so sad.
Said the colostomy bag with ears.
Mountain

New York, NY

#6165 Dec 16, 2012
zipp wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Sir your post is quite puzzling! It is filled with conspiracy thought, paranoia, and hate. All records of Obamas birth have been released and noted long ago, yet a small segment of the public continues to beat this drum and hold tight to the convoluted thinking involved here. No president has been challenged in such ways, as not being American. The birther movement is born of racism and fear. Your comments referring to bisexuality and the antichrist are intended to humiliate and incite fear. If you really embrace these ideas, how different are they from the klan member who believes that other races are inferior, or anyone different from them is somehow less then? How much different is it from the Nazis, who believed that the jews were the cause of all there problems? Indeed there is a problem with your thinking sir. Someone, somewhere along the way taught you to fall for this bull. Well they were wrong. Nothing I say will likely change your mind, but you sound like you see threats to yourself when no one else does. Come out from behind your fear.
Bet you're dancing in the blood of the children with your typical orgiastic glee.
bunifer buona

New York, NY

#6166 Dec 16, 2012
no doubt about it.
zipp

Chicago, IL

#6167 Dec 16, 2012
Mountain wrote:
<quoted text>Bet you're dancing in the blood of the children with your typical orgiastic glee.
You sound like an insane puke if you could spell. Whether your trying to be clever or slick, at bestthe your comments are in poor taste.
zipp the moron

Austin, TX

#6168 Dec 16, 2012
zipp wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like an insane puke if you could spell. Whether your trying to be clever or slick, at bestthe your comments are in poor taste.
What's the matter zipp head. Truth hurts?
zipp

Chicago, IL

#6169 Dec 16, 2012
Hey whootie douche bag, your truth is worth the same as the sewer plant. Funny, I don't have to create friends to get people to aggree with me. What does that tell you? Wow! Even with how obnoxious you have been, I would not expect you to have such poor taste and include anything about those kids with your snide comments. If some people saw you do such things they would pound sand on you and you would deserve it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Two Rivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lakeside can beef or pork Sep 9 Roly 2
Chiefs Football Sep 5 msf6117 1
Debate: Marijuana - Manitowoc, WI (Aug '10) Aug 29 blbouril 45
Medical Marijuana Aug 28 blbouril 1
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
•••
•••
•••

Two Rivers Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Two Rivers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Two Rivers News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Two Rivers
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••