5 Adults Accused Of Terrorizing BWCAW...

5 Adults Accused Of Terrorizing BWCAW Campers

There are 1 comment on the WCCO story from Sep 17, 2007, titled 5 Adults Accused Of Terrorizing BWCAW Campers. In it, WCCO reports that:

Two Harbors, Minn. Five Ely adults are charged with terrorizing campers in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. via WCCO

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCCO.

Tracy Niebeling

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2007
Now, isn't it time to ban both motors and firearms from the entire BWCAW? I think so. You may say that this incident is an isolated one; just a sad "mix of alcohol and stupidity." I'd say that this is just a tip of an iceburg of local cultural hostility towards anyone who does not propel their wilderness adventure with gunpowder and gasoline. Anyone who has paddled in the motorized areas of the BWCAW has sensed this from the motor users. Indeed, you can't walk the streets of Ely without feeling this vibe. It is time to set the expectation that the BWCAW is a special place, without motors and guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Two Harbors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duluth drug suspect who spread feces returned t... (Feb '09) Sep '15 caspah 45
Places to shoot. Aug '15 Amp34561 1
Debate: Marijuana - Two Harbors, MN (Dec '12) Aug '15 jason 4
Review: Bstudio Aug '15 Mimi 1
News Making strides against breast cancer Aug '15 Caroline 1
News 10 years after Antonich's murder, the pain lingers (Apr '07) Jul '15 peace be with you 51
You jerks are toast (Mar '14) Jul '15 Jacquetta 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Two Harbors Mortgages