Ohioans aren't buying happy talk about economy

There are 20 comments on the Apr 19, 2010, DispatchPolitics story titled Ohioans aren't buying happy talk about economy. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

The clerk at the candy shop does not want to cry. She is determinedly cheerful, a professional smiler, dressed head to toe in bright turquoise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

Zoe

Athens, OH

#23 Apr 19, 2010
58 AWG wrote:
Why does the right still want to blame Clinton. I would be ashamed to blame him. Why did the right sit on their thumbs for 8 years doing nothing to right the Clinton wrongs but are quick to jump Obama for not doing enough in the short time he's been in. Your sheet is getting stale
Because he is guilty! Remember NAFTA? Billy said the United States could survive as a service industry nation! Telemarketers for example!
CSD

Columbus, OH

#24 Apr 19, 2010
But Barry says it will all be OK ? Just give me all your freedoms and I will take care of you. Puke !!!!
Real World

Cincinnati, OH

#26 Apr 19, 2010
58 AWG wrote:
Why does the right still want to blame Clinton. I would be ashamed to blame him. Why did the right sit on their thumbs for 8 years doing nothing to right the Clinton wrongs but are quick to jump Obama for not doing enough in the short time he's been in. Your sheet is getting stale
People are quick to judge Obama because he boasted that when he was elected he would fix it. What he took on was huge, but he asked for it and implied it would be a quick fix. For an economy still in recovery, you would think that layoffs would lessen and hiring would start. Hiring has not started. Layoffs are still happening in large numbers. This is troublesome.
billybombo

Grove City, OH

#25 Apr 19, 2010
The Bush card is almost as old as the race card.
Nothing Obama has offered qualifies as a solution.
Quite the contrary.
impeach Obama

Dublin, OH

#27 Apr 19, 2010
Welcome to Obama Wasteland.

“So far left, I'm right”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#28 Apr 19, 2010
well I see the umemployed teabaggers are out in force today

“So far left, I'm right”

Location hidden

#29 Apr 19, 2010
tea baggers

“So far left, I'm right”

Location hidden

#30 Apr 19, 2010
ah, putting a space in the made-up word was all it took to circumvent topix's stringent censorship bots :o)
-Paul

Montgomery, AL

#31 Apr 19, 2010
Mike wrote:
I'm sorry, but when the line is over an hour at an expensive restaurant on a Thurs....the economy is not bad.
I don't disagree with you here and see the same in malls, as well. That said, so long as employers aren't hiring and banks aren't distributing the tax-dollars that we taxpayers gave them to bail their unethical behinds out, we aren't going to get back to normal 5% unemployment, which means there are still millions of people unable to contibute to the economy.
Details

Columbus, OH

#32 Apr 19, 2010
impeach Obama wrote:
Welcome to Obama Wasteland.
This isn't Obama's fault, nor is it Bush's. Sure, they both have a hand in this mess but neither is solely responsible for it. Blame the companies who outsourced American jobs for higher profit margins, blame the auto manufacturers that didn't keep up with the quality of foreign cars, blame the banks who acted irresponsibly, blame the multiple scandalous companies (Enron, WorldCom, etc.), blame the people who took loans they couldn't afford...the list goes on and on.

There needs to be a RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY movement. Stop racking up credit card debt and buying things you can't afford. Stop letting companies outsource our jobs. Stop letting politicians sleep in bed with corporations--neither cares about us but only about lining their pockets. This isn't about Bush or Obama. It's about Americans becoming a bunch of entitled, irresponsible sheep that sit around wringing their hands instead of planning for the future and calling for accountability when politicians, corporations, and other organizations lie to our faces.
rick

Maumee, OH

#33 Apr 19, 2010
Quit blaming bush, Obamanation has been in office for over a year. Just like a loser, everything is somebody elses fault.
Obamabot

New York, NY

#34 Apr 19, 2010
Hope and change you can believe in?
time for a change

Dublin, OH

#35 Apr 19, 2010
this video clip would be funny if it wasnt the truth. taxin ted at it again
buckeye044

Columbus, OH

#36 Apr 19, 2010
hodge_podge wrote:
<quoted text>
so if you are willing to pontificate that some of these policies were not only bush's but also clinton's, then you're also willing to admit that it's not obama's fault, yes? how about we admit that all of the past several administrations have cowtowed to special interests, and most espicially to big money and industry, and put in place policies that have hurt the average worker? is that something we can agree on?
I think we'll all agree that the biggest problem is that most, if not all, members of Congress are more worried about their reelection campaign coffers and who is going to line their pockets with millions of dollars. They do not care about their congressional constituants.
buckeye044

Columbus, OH

#37 Apr 19, 2010
hodge_podge wrote:
tea baggers
Typical democrat response when they have nothing constructive to say. At least these people care enough to get involved. Isn't that better than asking for a handout?
Patriot Lady

Englewood, FL

#38 Apr 19, 2010
Details wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't Obama's fault, nor is it Bush's. Sure, they both have a hand in this mess but neither is solely responsible for it. Blame the companies who outsourced American jobs for higher profit margins, blame the auto manufacturers that didn't keep up with the quality of foreign cars, blame the banks who acted irresponsibly, blame the multiple scandalous companies (Enron, WorldCom, etc.), blame the people who took loans they couldn't afford...the list goes on and on.
There needs to be a RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY movement. Stop racking up credit card debt and buying things you can't afford. Stop letting companies outsource our jobs. Stop letting politicians sleep in bed with corporations--neither cares about us but only about lining their pockets. This isn't about Bush or Obama. It's about Americans becoming a bunch of entitled, irresponsible sheep that sit around wringing their hands instead of planning for the future and calling for accountability when politicians, corporations, and other organizations lie to our faces.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU. yOU FINALLY HAVE STATED JUST ABOUT ALL THE TRUE REASONS WHY OUR COUNTRY IS IN SUCH A FINACIAL MESS. The current president is just adding to the big mess by his sociolistic methods of taking from the rich and giving to the poor. LENIN would have been very proud of him. Again, thanks for putting this whole mess in prospective.
-Paul

Montgomery, AL

#39 Apr 19, 2010
buckeye044 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we'll all agree that the biggest problem is that most, if not all, members of Congress are more worried about their reelection campaign coffers and who is going to line their pockets with millions of dollars. They do not care about their congressional constituants.
100% accurate statement.
DollarBill

Dublin, OH

#40 Apr 19, 2010
"An irrepressible optimist, Rice is quick to praise the president, state lawmakers, the local mayor. He even has kind words for the auto company that sold the plant he loved. But does he believe the recession is ending?"

Message to Mr. Rice: The President and all politicians including your union are responsible for your lack of a job. Years of to high wages for the skill set involved, years of regulations and high taxes with the resulting tax money wasted has all contributed to your present situation. Inflated dollars brought about by easy money policies of the Federal Reserve caused the present credit boom -- and by extension the current bust. If you are looking for government to fix it you are looking to the wrong people.

When the people of this country wake up and see how they are being raped by the political class then maybe we can make some progress to getting people with capital to invest and create jobs. That will not happen in the current political situation.
-Paul

Montgomery, AL

#41 Apr 19, 2010
Details wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. It's tough to get out of debt as an individual but my wife and I are on a mad-rush to do so. And to those companies that took on too much risk, required taxpayer bail-out, and then treated its customers like dirt afterwards, I'll never forget.
Let's get our personal affairs tiddied-up, gain new skills, obtain a degree (or another degree), vote out the incumbents regardless of political party, and prepare for better days. Regardless of who, what, why, when, where, or how we got to where we are, we all for to do our part.
I know that was a horrible pep-rally.
freddy

Columbus, OH

#42 Apr 19, 2010
Sum Tim Wong wrote:
But yobama said it was all getting better!
Then tell where we would be with Bush in office? Depression most likely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelworkers on strike at Rotek Inc. in Aurora (Jan '13) Apr 22 Truth boys daddy 4,987
Ronald James Delphia Apr 12 Observer 1
News Getting a lift: Elevators on the rise in centra... Apr 1 They cannot kill ... 11
Review: R.B. Thomas Electric Co., Inc. Mar '15 J Varga 1
News Ohio.com - Patel murder trials get started (Oct '07) Mar '15 Helen8809 10
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Feb '15 spisc1955 31
A craigslist posting Feb '15 jumpsuitELVIS 2
More from around the web

Twinsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]