Ohioans aren't buying happy talk about economy

The clerk at the candy shop does not want to cry. She is determinedly cheerful, a professional smiler, dressed head to toe in bright turquoise. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sum Tim Wong

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 19, 2010
But yobama said it was all getting better!
Joe Biden

Saint Joe, IN

#2 Apr 19, 2010
The stimulus is working.....
The real facts

Hilliard, OH

#4 Apr 19, 2010
I do not believe any of the manufactured numbers and quotes about jobs and the economy that come from Washington.
Remember the jobs "created or saved" quote when the stimulus money was rolled out. The stimulus money put up some expensive signs on our highways promoting all of these great jobs from the wreckcovery act. Where are they?
Here is a quote to remember:
"Figures don't lie, but liars figure" That is what we are getting from Washington from the "O" Kingdom. I think there is a Liar Czar in the basement of the White House.
sulee

Galloway, OH

#5 Apr 19, 2010
Yes, things are bad, but why is everyone blaming the entire situation on Obama? He didn't cause this; it was already in place when he was elected.

This recession is the direct result of the policies and practices put in place and/or bad business practices which were ignored during the Bush years.

So if you want to blame someone, blame Bush, the man who set this whole economic meltdown into motion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Patriot

Hilliard, OH

#6 Apr 19, 2010
With the article's Doug Rice on manufacturing - I could not agree more!

Yesterday I replaced an original equipment headlamp (made in China) in my '05 vehicle (manufactured / assembled in USA)- the Sylvania brand replacement headlamp was made in USA!
buckeye044

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 19, 2010
sulee wrote:
Yes, things are bad, but why is everyone blaming the entire situation on Obama? He didn't cause this; it was already in place when he was elected.
This recession is the direct result of the policies and practices put in place and/or bad business practices which were ignored during the Bush years.
So if you want to blame someone, blame Bush, the man who set this whole economic meltdown into motion.
Perhaps you should go back and take a look at the policies put into place late in the Clinton administration, especially the housing policies and the availability of loans for low to moderate income families.
But you won't. Your blind hated for one person will not allow you to do research contrary to your own beliefs.
maverick

United States

#9 Apr 19, 2010
Before the 100th Democrat congress was elected in 2006, George Bush’s economy was moving along nicely with growth at over 4% and unemployment well within norms.
Once the Democrats took over all that changed.
Now that Obama has taken control and with the help of the 11th Democrat congress, it has been downhill ever since.
This is 100% on Obama and the Democrats.
Blaming Bush for all of Obama’s mistakes won’t fly anymore and frankly I think people like you need to think next time before they vote for something as ambiguous and hollow as “hope and change”.
58 AWG

Galloway, OH

#10 Apr 19, 2010
Why does the right still want to blame Clinton. I would be ashamed to blame him. Why did the right sit on their thumbs for 8 years doing nothing to right the Clinton wrongs but are quick to jump Obama for not doing enough in the short time he's been in. Your sheet is getting stale

“So far left, I'm right”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#11 Apr 19, 2010
buckeye044 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should go back and take a look at the policies put into place late in the Clinton administration, especially the housing policies and the availability of loans for low to moderate income families.
But you won't. Your blind hated for one person will not allow you to do research contrary to your own beliefs.
so if you are willing to pontificate that some of these policies were not only bush's but also clinton's, then you're also willing to admit that it's not obama's fault, yes? how about we admit that all of the past several administrations have cowtowed to special interests, and most espicially to big money and industry, and put in place policies that have hurt the average worker? is that something we can agree on?
Collins19

New Albany, OH

#12 Apr 19, 2010
"Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution (Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, 1971)."

By design, much of Ohio is in just the postion "frustrated and lost" that Saul Alinsky describes in "Rules for Radicials." This book is the foundation of Obama's view of things. Obama's policies are designed to destroy hope so that he will then be free to transform America as he sees fit.
Delaware mama

Springfield, OH

#13 Apr 19, 2010
We the people need to do more than what the legislators have been requested to do. They have failed us. They over-borrowed and over-spent, now we need to close our wallets and demand better accountability so that we can rebuild our nation.
pikkil47

Columbus, OH

#14 Apr 19, 2010
Verbal Bombacity & Hyperbole... that's all this country produces anymore FROM EVERYONE. I say it's time for action....and our first action should be:
"Abandon ship boys,,, the inmates are in charge and running the asylum."
Hope and Change

Hilliard, OH

#15 Apr 19, 2010
We need a new direction to change Washington. Obviously the economy killers in charge are not getting the job done.
Americans by a 80+% do not have confidence in CONgress.
I hope all incumbents get voted out. I feel a fresh start by cleaning house will be more positive than the career politicans who are more concerned about their future.
We have the power to fire them all!
Real change comes when we vote them out.
Common Sense

Columbus, OH

#16 Apr 19, 2010
sulee wrote:
This type of reasoning is getting boring. We're tired of the typical liberal, Obama tranced followers always stressing 'poor Obama, he inherited this'. Face the facts that the Clinton administration initiated the policies that resulted in the collapse of the housing market, Barney Frank, Democrat, continually ignored warnings from the Bush administration that it was going to collapse. Now maybe Bush should have spend tax payer money traveling the country to sell his warning like Obama constantly travels to sell his agenda. The fact remains that Obama wanted this job so the poor little Obama whining is unproductive. Sulee, answer this.....if Obama is so great why is he spending into oblivion making the economic situation in this country worse than it was on January 20, 2009? How do you justify his spending agenda? He has done nothing to cut government waste. He has added more bureaucracy. Ohio's unemployment just went up to 11%. Obama owns all the damage he has done.
Mike

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 19, 2010
I'm sorry, but when the line is over an hour at an expensive restaurant on a Thurs....the economy is not bad.
newohioresident

Shippingport, PA

#18 Apr 19, 2010
I think 5 minutes of an economic refresher course can help. The "meltdown" and "crisis" was not CAUSED by a single administration. Alan Greenspan who was appointed through Cintons years and Bush, kept interest rates incredibly low. The policies that both Clinton and Bush put in place allowed, and in some ways with the low interest rates, encouraged predatory lending, and more importanly little supervision of the financial markets.

So if you want to blame anyone, blame Greenspan, he did not do his job in observing the market.

As for getting out of this mess. Can not say, even from any finance or economic standpoint how massive social programs will help this country out of a financial mess... it doesnt work that way.
Real World

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Apr 19, 2010
sulee wrote:
Okay, let's say for instance that Bush is to blame for everything that has happened and led up to Obama being elected. During his candidacy, Obama vowed enthusiastically and vocally that he would "make it all better" and with his boastful attitude, implied strongly that if he was voted in, it would happen immediately. The ball is now in his corner. Quit bashing an ex-president. It has been way too long since Bush was in the oval office and it is now time for Obama and his supporters to take responsibility for Obama's presidency. It's all Obama now. If he boasted he could make it happen, we are still waiting. My savings account is not happening and there is no money left over at the end of paying bills and everyday living expenses to save anything. And, I can definitely not afford to buy luxuries. Because of the economy, my husband's place of business went into a Chapter 11. But thankfully, my job is doing okay although we have had a couple of layoffs the end of last year. So, personally, I cannot afford to stimulate the economy. The banks who were bailed out are healthier now but afraid to loan money so the stimulus didn't do much in that area. I agree it takes time to get the economy back on track, but then again, here is a newly elected president that boasts he can "make a miracle" almost immediately. Democrat or Republican -- this is why people are worried and disheartened. They are not seeing it happen. Obama needs to own his presidency and his supporters need to stop bashing an ex-president.
Nancy Pelosi

Athens, OH

#20 Apr 19, 2010
Joe Biden wrote:
The stimulus is working.....
The stimulus is working!
Zoe

Athens, OH

#21 Apr 19, 2010
Mike wrote:
I'm sorry, but when the line is over an hour at an expensive restaurant on a Thurs....the economy is not bad.
White Castle drive-thru?
Summer Kelley

Columbus, OH

#22 Apr 19, 2010
If you think the economy is bad now, wait until tax dollars are funneled into our already-dead passenger rail system and federal mandates are imposed on our health care industry (which is one of the top employers in Ohio).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Screen Name White Cop Dec 18 lawlz the troll 9
Steelworkers on strike at Rotek Inc. in Aurora (Jan '13) Nov '14 see ya 4,669
Greg (Ziggy) Zigmont R.I.P. Nov '14 Sammie 1
Is There a God? Oct '14 debuttlover14 1
Empire Die Casting Co., Inc. pursuit of ISO 140... (Nov '09) Oct '14 Peggy Pines 12
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Sep '14 Kay 24
Loyal fans of Solon Comets trek west to Strongs... Sep '14 Scott 1
Twinsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Twinsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Twinsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Twinsburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News