Local Firefighter Killed in Hunting A...

Local Firefighter Killed in Hunting Accident

There are 76 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Apr 19, 2010, titled Local Firefighter Killed in Hunting Accident. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A pair of local communities are mourning the loss of a firefighter who was killed over the weekend in an off-duty hunting accident, Fox 8 News reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

caprilady71

Brecksville, OH

#21 Apr 19, 2010
Oh that poor son! My prayers and condolences to the family. May God grant you the strength you need at such a tough time.
caprilady71

Brecksville, OH

#22 Apr 19, 2010
A friend wrote:
<quoted text>Lay off the mother! She is someone I work with and I cannot imagine the hell she is going through right now as it is. What happened is a tragedy and your comments about whether or not children should hunt are not appropriate. Show a little bit of sympathy!! Would you want someone to be saying things like you have said if something about your family?
You are "A Friend" indeed and I support your comment. I wouldn't know this family if they were standing in my face. I am a mother and if my husband wanted to take his son hunting I would let him. It's called bonding. The issue today is comforting the family. This is a unfortunate tragedy and that young man is hurting more than anyone could ever imagine. No bashing necessary. Lift the family up.
kms75

Cleveland, OH

#23 Apr 19, 2010
Very sad. My thoughts and prayers to the family. God bless the family.
I do not support hunting and never will no matter what age.
jbd612

AOL

#24 Apr 19, 2010
Parent's are responsible to make SURE their children are trained in gun safety before allowing them to go out on a hunting trip. It's a little bit hard to fathom a 15 year old did not know how to safely unload a gun if he was out hunting with his dad. I remember being trained in gun safety at age 9 and had to prove over and over I knew the rules of safety before being allowed to go hunting for rabbits and squirrels. lol

Even BB guns are dangerous and parent's should teach their children safety before allowing them to possess one of those.

This forum is not a condolence forum..the funeral home usually offers that..this is to discuss a news story.
Kelly

Cleveland, OH

#25 Apr 19, 2010
CRL wrote:
This is why "children" should not be hunting, they don't need to know how to shoot a gun and kill an animal at that age. Now a man is gone and that boy will never be the same, cause they had to hunt. unreal..I can't believe the mother let her husband take her sons hunting. i would't allow it. why would you want your little boys killing animals.
I totally agree - 100%
Kelly

Cleveland, OH

#26 Apr 19, 2010
Reeta wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot! Why would you post a cruel comment like that when there is a family, two communities and friends grieving right now. Don't let the kids touch glass - it might break; don't ride in a car - it might wreck; don't use a knife - it might slip; don't play sports - they might get hurt and the list goes on. If you can't express compassion, keep your mouth shut!
He's so NOT an idiot. He's speaking the TRUTH and face it people, the truth hurts. Your analogies are ridiculous. This was a GUN, not glass - good grief.
i smell stupid people

Solon, OH

#27 Apr 19, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree - 100%
like that means something, who gives a rat what u think
Chad Porter

Kent, OH

#28 Apr 19, 2010
Ty jr. is one of my friends in school, and this was so shocking to me because i would not have even thought something could have happened like this, Its hard for anyone of his friends to believe this has happened to a kid like Ty. He is a nice kid and he wouldnt hurt a fly but accidents happen every day, but i wish this had not happened to his family...
Kelly

Cleveland, OH

#29 Apr 19, 2010
caprilady71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are "A Friend" indeed and I support your comment. I wouldn't know this family if they were standing in my face. I am a mother and if my husband wanted to take his son hunting I would let him. It's called bonding. The issue today is comforting the family. This is a unfortunate tragedy and that young man is hurting more than anyone could ever imagine. No bashing necessary. Lift the family up.
BONDING??!!! Yeah, let's go kill some animals, sons! Go ahead and take care of this shotgun that you have no business even touching! Great father/son time!
MeM

Wickliffe, OH

#30 Apr 19, 2010
Whether it's right or wrong for a boy his age to be hunting or be handling a gun without enough training, that is not the issue right now...a family has lost a father, husband, etc...and a community has lost a hero and friend. I don't know him or his family but to lose someone is hard enough...and then to lose them so tragically is even worse. My thoughts and prayers are with the family! Particularly the son!
Chad Porter

Kent, OH

#31 Apr 19, 2010
I love how every thinks this is nothing, take Ty jr's spot, YOu wouldnt knwo what to do, And i also love how everyone thinks they know the story, i saw his dad in walmart in streetsboro friday night before youth turkey season came in, Ty is a smart kid and he loved his father.. and Kelly stfu because you most likely dotn even hunt... so before you talk some crap you better know the story and know who ty marlin really is before you say anything
Tyler Cowan

Stow, OH

#32 Apr 19, 2010
Im a sophmore at streetsboro highschool and go to school with the 15 year old son Ty. Its really tragic to hear what happened to his father.
someone

Cleveland, OH

#33 Apr 19, 2010
MY sincere condolences to the family
my brother and nephew are firefighters, my condolences to the firefighter family.
may he rest in peace
Raid

Broadview Heights, OH

#34 Apr 19, 2010
MEG wrote:
What a horribly tragic accident. I feel so sorry for the family, but more so for the teen son who will carry so much guilt with him for the rest of his life. I hope that he will open himself up to realize that it was a horrible, horrible accident. One thing is for sure, I am almost certain neither of those boys will touch a gun ever again... Not only did this man's wife lose her husband, but she, in some ways, has lost the son she knew. May God be with them all and grant them the strength to get through all of this.
I sincerely hope you are wrong. I hope, in time, he is able to go hunting again. It was obviousy something the boys enjoyed doing with their dad. What took place was a tragic accident. They were enjoying nature and doing what fathers and sons have done since the dawn of time. At least their dad was doing something with them, and didn't let video games raise them. You may put your son in a bubble, but that doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

As long as hunters eat what they kill, there isn't anything wrong with it. It is certainly more humane than what that chicken or cow you will be eating tonight went through before it ended up on your plate.

As stated previously, my prayers are with this family. May the support of God, each other and your community help you through this time.
Raid

Broadview Heights, OH

#35 Apr 19, 2010
obviously*

Since: Aug 09

United States

#36 Apr 19, 2010
Chad Porter wrote:
Ty jr. is one of my friends in school, and this was so shocking to me because i would not have even thought something could have happened like this, Its hard for anyone of his friends to believe this has happened to a kid like Ty. He is a nice kid and he wouldnt hurt a fly but accidents happen every day, but i wish this had not happened to his family...
Ty needs his friends and family more then ever right now. Stick by him.
Shawn Gokey

Canton, OH

#37 Apr 19, 2010
Ty marlin jr. is one of my bestfriends and this just tore him apart so for all of you who think your so cool for putting comments down trying to talk crap fuck you. i seen his face the day it happened and it was the most horrifying thing i have ever seen and i just hope he will get better because i really dont want to see him do anything stupid. and kelly your a stupid bitch and you dont know shit about anything i know the true story so just shut the hell up cuz you dont hunt. oh and CRL you obviously didnt know the family because they always went hunting and little ty did know how to take care of a gun so fuck you! just think how you would feel if it happened to you, it was completely an accident and no one saw it coming so just shut the hell up. im so sorry ty we will all miss you. im so sorry for the marlin family too i will be at the funeral and i will help you all through it so dont even listen to these idiots who dont even know what happened.
jbd612

AOL

#38 Apr 19, 2010
Maybe the laws need to be changed and children need to pass a gun safety course and obtain a license before being allowed to handle a gun? Something clearly went undone here if the 15 year old did not know how to properly engage and disengage all rounds of ammo from the chamber.
i smell stupid people

Solon, OH

#39 Apr 19, 2010
jbd612 wrote:
Maybe the laws need to be changed and children need to pass a gun safety course and obtain a license before being allowed to handle a gun? Something clearly went undone here if the 15 year old did not know how to properly engage and disengage all rounds of ammo from the chamber.
maybe topix needs to have a test to pass, so they can weed out the idiots
Chad Porter

Kent, OH

#40 Apr 19, 2010
Shawn gokey i love you as a brother and Ty jr and sinor im sorry for everything that has went wrong sunday morning, it wasnt ment to be and i hope little ty can put himself back together because i knoe that he has to be in countless peices right now, Ty i hope you know all your friends at school are praying for you and love you..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 9 People Arrested In 'Operation Stomp' (Jan '08) Dec 2 Narshemz 8
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Nov 27 Hugh Alpeter 46
MAGNA GRACIA Southern Itally====> WAS GREEK Nov 26 Kastrioti 2
Macedonia USA named after Greek city. (Jan '15) Nov 21 DaniEl 6
Mom looking for a local mom to be friends Sep '17 LeeB216 1
Amanda Wyatt (Mar '17) Mar '17 Screw you 1
News Falls fees nothing less than scam (Jul '08) Mar '17 stow_sufferer 187

Twinsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance